Next-gen Deus Ex game in development at Eidos Montreal

+
wanted to see what the reaction to this news is on the official deus ex forums.. and holy sh*t, what the fuck is wrong with this board? it's like the most cynical place on the internet

I hope that by "this board", you don't mean these - the Cyberpunk 2077 - forums, because these are one of the, if not the most civil and productive forums as far as discussions go, with cool moderators and all.

If you want to know what true cynicism is, go to somewhere like MMO-Champion, or a similar gaming forum. Talk about any game, and all you'll hear is how anything and everything the developers ever do is shit, shit and more shit, and how everything is a disappointment. In fact, it could be a game, a movie, a TV-series, an episode in a TV-series, an album, a song on an album... Pretty much anything, and it's always a bitter disappointment. Always. Without fail.

Oh, and if you're one of the very few who wasn't disappointed bitterly, you're a fanboi and deserve to die.

At least here people seem to have a decent average age, good manners and are willing, to at least some extent, to listen to other people and try and see things from their perspective.

Sorry for White Knighting for these forums a bit, but the opportunity raises so rarely. :cool:

If by "this board" you were referring to the "official Deus Ex forums", then I'm not surprised.

I hope that by "this board", you don't mean these - the Cyberpunk 2077 - forums, because these are one of the, if not the most civil and productive forums as far as discussions go, with cool moderators and all.

If you want to know what true cynicism is, go to somewhere like MMO-Champion, or a similar gaming forum. Talk about any game, and all you'll hear is how anything and everything the developers ever do is shit, shit and more shit, and how everything is a disappointment. In fact, it could be a game, a movie, a TV-series, an episode in a TV-series, an album, a song on an album... Pretty much anything, and it's always a bitter disappointment. Always. Without fail.

Oh, and if you're one of the very few who wasn't disappointed bitterly, you're a fanboi and deserve to die.

At least here people seem to have a decent average age, good manners and are willing, to at least some extent, to listen to other people and try and see things from their perspective.

Sorry for White Knighting for these forums a bit, but the opportunity raises so rarely. :cool:

If by "this board" you were referring to the "official Deus Ex forums", then I'm not surprised.
I lurked in DX:HR forums when they were developing HR. The forums weren't that bad, not as nice as thse forums of course.
I don't what it is like these days, but went back to check when they announced the iPad game and the was major shitstrom going on (and rightfully so) :)

Not gonna be an MMO.... Just hope it doesn't turn out to be Assasin's Creed style milking. I'd hope to see something like Mass Effect where you can import saves and it takes 2-3 years to put out new game and then they fill the caps with novels and stuff.

Well, yeah, the problem with some trilogies/tetralogies/franchises is the first game is the one with all the ideas that get rehashed in a various "acts" format. Otherwise the second game out of the 3 would get the best story since it's the only unpredicatable and actually planned one. So yeah, there are just too many sucky trilogies out there (matrix, max payne, fear and whatever). The deus ex series doesn't look in the best shape...and it's weird the first game resulted to be the second one story wise. I' ll welcome anything they come up to, even though i'm not a fan of very stealth oriented stuff (exception made for some games) and illuminati crap in the first place. Settings are what made deus ex games the games they are.
Also DEHR forums are piles of shame.

Well, yeah, the problem with some trilogies/tetralogies/franchises is the first game is the one with all the ideas that get rehashed in various "acts" format. Otherwise the second game out of the 3 would get the best story since it's the only unpredicatable and actually planned one. So yeah, there are just too many sucky trilogies out there (matrix, max payne, fear and whatever). The deus ex series doesn't look to be in the best shape...and it's weird the first game resulted to be the second one story wise. I' ll welcome anything they come up to, even though i'm not a fan of very stealth oriented stuff (exception made for some games) and illuminati crap in the first place. Settings are what made deus ex games the games they are.
Also DEHR forums are piles of shame.
True true.
I liked first two Max Payne games back in the day, but didn't bother with 3rd even though heard good things about it. Pure action games just don't really interest me that much anymore.
Also liked first F.E.A.R. and expansion, but gave up with second one's demo since it was mostly "cross this invisible line and enemies will come running".

Maybe I should have said I hope it's more like Witcher games where you can import saves and take years to polish the next title? ;) Though the save import was rather minimal between first two Witchers. Though I really liked novels and comics filling the gaps in ME series, made the games also much better.

Fuck it. I was trying for a "Smoking Hot" image.

But I just don't know what to think any more about news coming out of Montreal. I've stopped following anything about Thief because it was getting too depressing (wait, though, has there actually BEEN any news about Thief recently?). And everything about Deus Ex is so open to interpretation that I almost get the feeling they're being deliberately vague and waiting to see what people say before they decide what to do. They seem to have a systemic, corporate-culture inability to decide what to do.

I just want them to finish the trilogy.

And no, I don't want to play DX on my phone. That's what Sudoku was invented for.

Cool. Sounds great. Just if it's out the same time as 2077, then finding time to play both will be a challenge. lol

You did kind of leave yourself wide open for that one.

Writing on my first book at the moment, have worked with a few directors for small stage projects and such. Won't lie, not very experienced, really, but I think I'm talented in writing. And I'll also pursue that kind of career I guess.

yes i was referring to their official forums, sorry for the confusion i'm not that fluent with the english language

i love our (the c77) board too

Disgusting. I shall feast upon your entrails for this!

Well, they have just announced the plan to move ahead. Given the scale that this project appears to be on, I would not expect to see anything released until 2016/2017.
I think they said that they have had team working on next game for a while now. So I wouldn't think further than 2015. Perhaps even late 2014...naah that seems bit too soon. Just hope they don't make similar promotion like with HR "Watch whole game played through before you own it" :confused:

Well i was not so impressed by deus ex HR to make some honest criticism... Cute story overall... But it became a bit rushed at the ending..and also was very short with not so much content as a RPG but also as a Game..

To me HR was ok but just for the protagonist and the story...

Let's see what this Deus ex will bring

Well i was not so impressed by deus ex HR to make some honest criticism... Cute story overall... But it became a bit rushed at the ending..and also was very short with not so much content as a RPG but also as a Game..

To me HR was ok but just for the protagonist and the story...

Let's see what this Deus ex will bring

When you think about original Deus Ex and all the levels it had it feels like longest game ever but it was actually only 25-30 hours long. So HR didn't fall short there.
But yeah the last level was bonkers. Though it was nice to have scary moment even once in that game (yeah it doesn't take much to scare me) .

Confidential Video Game - Interactive

Hiroshi Saito | Male | Asian | Age: 28 - 35

Should appear Japanese, early 30s, 5'8" to 6'. Should be athletic/built, in the 185lbs category. All submitted talent should fall within these specs. Any knowledge of stage combat & martial arts a plus. Hiroshi Saito is an Illuminati Shadow Agent. His current assignment is to infiltrate the Augmented Rights Coalition, to replace its leader and to discredit its movement by committing a series of attacks in their names. He is fierce, unsympathetic, cunning, and arrogant. Disciplined, unemotional, intelligent, gritty. He has a mild Japanese accent, able to range from professional with his superiors, militant when undercover, and smirky when talking to enemies. Previous motion capture experience is a bonus.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/42/1382117437-nycastings.jpg

Deus Ex Universe is a transmedia franchise.

Btw...

Confidential Video Game - Interactive

Hiroshi Saito | Male | Asian | Age: 28 - 35

Should appear Japanese, early 30s, 5'8" to 6'. Should be athletic/built, in the 185lbs category. All submitted talent should fall within these specs. Any knowledge of stage combat & martial arts a plus. Hiroshi Saito is an Illuminati Shadow Agent. His current assignment is to infiltrate the Augmented Rights Coalition, to replace its leader and to discredit its movement by committing a series of attacks in their names. He is fierce, unsympathetic, cunning, and arrogant. Disciplined, unemotional, intelligent, gritty. He has a mild Japanese accent, able to range from professional with his superiors, militant when undercover, and smirky when talking to enemies. Previous motion capture experience is a bonus.

Top Bottom