CDPRed INTERVIEWS AND MEDIA about CYBERPUNK

+
As much as it pains me too admit it, i have to completely agree with the guy in the poorly tailored trench...

Trenchcoat and sneakers. Can't forget those.

Much of CP2020's systems were designed to make PnP combat fast and mean. If they reproduce that in-game, we be happy. Since they are hoping to make the character mesh enough with the PnP that you can print out and play with your 2077 character, I'm hoping the front-end will look similar enough to CP2020 to give me a comfortable frame of reference, too.

Cool Thanks. I was waiting for some new news.. even if it was limited.. Good to hear the progress and there vision of balance controlled sandbox system XD

I can understand that table top pen and paper differes from a software game mechanic limitations. I hope though they try to make the graphics as fantastic as the teaser as well as the game world mechanics. I cross my fingers.. ;)

Good to have some news.. :) It's a shame they don't give away more information about the setting but thats fine i guess. I just wanted to say:

LIES! They say they read and comment every suggestion on forums, LIES :p

About the latest interview,I DO have to say that stating the game will be "more like Tarantino and no Blade Runner" kind of worries me... If theres smthg that I despise is rip-offs of smthg good adn deep, just with a stylized cover (SUDA 51 Im looking at you).

Not that Im TOO worried (YET), but yeah, my advice for the devs would be; if you still dont have gameplay to show, stop opening your mouths to make popular culture comparisons, it only confuses people....

Keep in mind in earlier references they mention Bladerunner heavily. Of course, how could they not? So, yes, much of this will be influenced by Bladerunner, because Bladerunner influenced CP2020. Pretty sure Wisdom noted this at least twice. CP2020 has certain very strong influences - anime, westerns and, yes, Bladerunner.

It's just that obviously they aren't going to remake Bladerunner. Which is also good.

Keep in mind in earlier references they mention Bladerunner heavily. Of course, how could they not? So, yes, much of this will be influenced by Bladerunner, because Bladerunner influenced CP2020. Pretty sure Wisdom noted this at least twice. CP2020 has certain very strong influences - anime, westerns and, yes, Bladerunner.

It's just that obviously they aren't going to remake Bladerunner. Which is also good.

Hmmm.... I must have missed it...

But yes, we don't want a remake, we want unfluences yes, but not a remake... they aren't making deus ex, they aren't making bladerunner, they aren't making appleseed, they aren't making total recall, they aren't making "insert you r favorite game, book or film herem unless you are me, because they are making my favorite game).... They are making CYBERPUNK which has been influenced by all of those things, but is none of them... it is its own world, it has its own laws and focuses, and its own feel.

In this case the sum is definitely greater than the parts.

Agreed. That's why I said this might be the first game to show what cyberpunk really is. Being excited this far away from release isn't healthy. :(

I'm too lazy to read right now, what about stuff like mods? Haven't read that word since the first trailer was released

I'm too lazy to read right now, what about stuff like mods? Haven't read that word since the first trailer was released

It's probably still too early for that kind of detail, but they're releasing the toolkit for TW2 modding within the next couple of months, and it seems to be pretty much expected that both TW3 and CP77 will have modding capabilities on PC at least.

Woah...wait a minute? They are showing the game already? Man, Google translate sucks.

...uh oh. It says there will be Mechs. Huge Mechs. Will some kindly German give us an annotated version?

It just looks like a colorful summary of what we already know about the world of 2077 thus far. Conclusions look like they're just drawn from the concept art and trailer. I didn't see any dates or anything..... so nothing to get over excited about. Still, news is nice. :)

They mention a lot of details not found in the trailer, almost as if they've seen an expanded version of it. Q4 2015 is listed as the release date. But knowing vidya game 'journalism' you are probably right.

Well, that got my hopes up for nothing.

I've been through all of it and it just looks like the author has gone through the trailer, concept art and other details we have already seen and made a speculative summary.

The 'mech' comments seem to be based on the cybernetics rather than the walker in the concept art.

As has been pointed out to me previously, the author has also referenced a piece of Blade Runner concept art.

Top Bottom