your most anticipated games

+
Amazing books, awesome tv series, games weren't all that great. (Though both had their innovative bits that made them very worth playing.)

Heard it's better than it looks but i never got around to try it. The moment i decide to watch a short walkthrough a dear esther/gone home mod pops up

It is worth playing and replaying. and the best description for ending ( not that bit after credits) is....

http://www.kalypsomedia.com/en/games/demonicon/index.shtml

I don't know how I forgot about this. And it comes this friday!
I went against my principles and pre-ordered since I was sold with previews. You can laugh at me if it sucks donkey balls :)

Update: Well Demonicon has gotten better the longer I've played it. The production values aren't good and main character seems to go full retard way too often. Also lipsynching is quite bad, but not sure if it has grown to me but I just don't notice it that much anymore.

That said I'm enjoying myself and game has lots of nice non-combat skills to level. Definately better than Mars: War Logs in my opinion. BEWARE the game has no manual saving.

Forum veteran
RISE FROM THE ASHES, THREAD, AND DO MY BIDDING

So I just got emailed a press kit for this upcoming game called Beyond: Flesh and Blood. Normally I just ignore things people send me because they have a tendency to be outwardly terrible ("free to play cat-exploding MMO for furries 20XX" just about sums most of them up), but this game actually looks really interesting. A glance at its Greenlight page seems to suggest that this is going to be a single-player game where you control a giant robot that's killing large swaths of dirty fleshbags. Some of the HD screenshots in the press kit:

If you look at the videos on the Greenlight page, particularly the second one, it kind of looks like a third-person shooter in an Enslaved-type world, and I'm looking forward to seeing what it turns into. EDIT: since I know you people are too lazy to click on things, here's the second video:

Last edited:
*reads tps* "oh cool someone might finally nail it, gimme a legions overdrive/squadflow or something"
*sees overshoulder view and ui* "ugh"

Last edited:

Forum veteran
*sees overshoulder view and ui* "ugh"
Yeah, those were the two negatives that stood out for me, too. The UI could be improved if they just used a better font, but that view is over-the-shoulder-and-way-to-the-side, which looks really awkward. It says the footage was captured pre-alpha, though, so hopefully they'll change that or make it an option (being that it's a PC-first title). At any rate, the email I got said that they're aiming at releasing a free demo in July, so I guess we'll see.

Something fundamental like the camera system dictates level design and gameplay elements so it doesn't get changed (it's expensive to re work everything).
PC being the lead platform means nothing beyond advertising because overshoulder is the camera behaviour they want to use to support both pad and k&m control devices, it has all first person system flaws to paly like some fps game (confusing melee combat, depth perception issues, low peripheral view, low rotation rate and stuff) and none of the 3rd person advantages. Players are called to deal with shots which travel diagonally so covers and small movement mess with the line of fire and shoot through geometry. Also one side of the camera has a lower peripheral view than the other one to push players to get cover. It's meant for cover based shooters because those are the playable ones when it comes to pads compared to old tps games like the GITS ones.

It's helpful to make a distinction between tps games which are cover based and those which are not, 'cause games like the first Max Payne and Cloudbuilt are unique ones and don't belong to waves of cover based clones from the multiplatform market. They are also the ones actually meant to be played with k&m

Noted. Reply with Quote isn't working either.
There seems to be a slight problem with the forums at the moment, especially with Chrome. Firefox is acting a little strangely, but editing does seem still to be possible.

Forum veteran
Something fundamental like the camera system dictates level design and gameplay elements so it doesn't get changed (it's expensive to re work everything).
Maybe, but compare the Witcher 2 alpha and then the final game to see just how much things can change from alpha to final game. Either way, I enjoyed the Red Faction: Armageddon Exo Suit sections enough to look past the view if the gameplay "feels" right:

Noted. Reply with Quote isn't working either.
Did this get fixed already? I'm using Chrome and everything is working fine for me.

Did this get fixed already? I'm using Chrome and everything is working fine for me.

Yup. It was fixed a few hours ago. If you posted at an acceptable frequency you would have noticed. But no, you abandoned us to do something else, didn't you, you flibbertigibbet.

So it's been while since we've been on topic. Games have been released and new ones have been announced. Has anything changed?

My top 3 for 2014:
1. Divinity: Original Sin
2. NHL 15
3. Dragon Age. Inquisition (yeah it slowly creeped here)

Also keeping eye on Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity (no idea when this was coming).

Overgrowth is still wip in the form of playable alpha
Radio the Universe is still wip
Tangiers is still wip
Obduction is still wip
Soma is still wip
Routine is still wip
Project Free Fall is wip
Reflex is wip
SUPERHOT is wip
Satellite Reign is wip
Gods Will Be Watching iswip
Hyperlight Drifter wip
DEX is wip
Rainworld wip
Gorogoa is wip
How To Be A Tree is wip
Ty4f sucked
WoD is no more
The Floor is Jelly is out
Warsow has been around since a couple of years after beta, Stanley's Parable was released last year
Dark Souls 2 is out
quake maps are out
Transistor is out
Cloudbuilt is out
The Forest is in early access atm

Not much changed but some are going to be released soon. Maybe in the next months.

Last edited:
Btw Minerva Metastasis and Research&Development are still great

Hotline Miami too

Last edited:
Top Bottom