...or environmental hazards
...or bribing the cops
...or joinable factions
...or 1 lifepath = 1 different storyline
...or flying AVs
...or riding trains
...or purchasing apartments
...or 3rd person camera

Pure fantasy, wishful thinking, mistranslations, or, sometimes, outdated information being passed as "promised features". :facepalm:

A lot of that is reading stuff into the writing that is still mostly true.

After all, you do fly around in AVs. Just not as part of the game. You do get some new apartments from Judy and Panam.

What they promised was Life Paths would affect things. Which they do. For people familiar with the tabletop game, everyone is an Edgerunner. Lifepaths are literally another word for background.

You wouldn't play this game if you didn't want to be a mercenary for corporate and criminal overlords.

I do not want to complain or defame anyone. Haven't been following Cyberpunk 2077 for the past 4-5 months so I am a bit out of touch about the updates and all.

As the title says, I just want to ask when will the game be "finished"? And when are we allowed to dream for a DLC?

I personally loved the game but there was limited content to do after the story line in my opinion hence I left thinking of coming back when there are more updates and maybe even a DLC. It has been about 7-8 months post release. What are the updates? Does the game deliver everything it has promised before? and when are we looking at a DLC release date. Or have these already been implemented? Are there any new features? bug fixes? game optimization already done?

Please let me know thanks!
How finished do you think this is a game in which I have to use mods for:
-police car or motorcycle chases
-autozoom minimap
-rescaling weapons and armor
-using vendors or ambulate stalls
-3rd person camera option, walking. ... (mother of god)
-reshade, rtx fix ... for this latest patch
DLC you say ... I estimate that by the end of 2022.. you can have the promised game and not like in your wettest dreams, that is dead, with some time the mod community dedicates itself to expanding the roleplay and in general the functions during the gameplay (if there is enough community, "cdprCorpo" has made sure of it), but miracles with something so badly organized ... unfortunately not

How finished do you think this is a game in which I have to use mods for:
-police car or motorcycle chases
-autozoom minimap
-rescaling weapons and armor
-using vendors or ambulate stalls
-3rd person camera option, walking. ... (mother of god)
-reshade, rtx fix ... for this latest patch
DLC you say ... I estimate that by the end of 2022.. you can have the promised game and not like in your wettest dreams, that is dead, with some time the mod community dedicates itself to expanding the roleplay and in general the functions during the gameplay (if there is enough community, "cdprCorpo" has made sure of it), but miracles with something so badly organized ... unfortunately not

That's the unfortunate reality of CP2077 right now. Modders have added basic features to the game that should've been there from the very get-go. Stuff that, by now, should've been added or corrected by CDPR themselves as they are easy fixes.

Being here on day one trying to figure out a way to walk on PC with other forum members was fun but when you stop to think about it shouldn't have had to happen at all. The same goes for the minimap zoom, easy fix and a basic feature that has been in any driving game with a map for well over a decade now.

I'm sure CDPR is aware that their game can't really be called polished until some very basic features are actually in the game but I have serious concerns about how long it'll take for things to get there.

Getting a finished game would be great, but, getting a PC game where you could remap ALL keys on your keyboard, and having a key for walking, would be a good start first. For 2021 i mean.
For now, on the PC version you can't do things you can do on consoles, so, a bit of work has to be done before they can actually finish the game (on PC at least).

Technically, the game IS finished.

It's just lacking content. It's not unfinished, but it's missing a certain amount of content by modern open-world rpgs standards. It should be longer and more balanced, simple as that.

But the story IS finished, Night City IS complete (well, aside from Pacifica, that is) and the features and mechanics in the game DO work, even if there's of course something to be done regarding aspects like weak AI and perks not working as intended.

It's just a game in serious need of post-launch support and additions. Something that, apart from one or two major patches, is still to happen.

By "finished" I mean, what they promised would be there at release. Unless you are being sarcastic.

What they advertised was marketing fluff. They can't fulfill it. But there will be some improvements and updates.

this. they mostly will release dlcs with cut content or content they werent able to finalize pre the rushed release. but everybody should know by now it wont ever be the game they advertised with their flashy trailers. personally im curious for the first dlcs or dlc list seeing whats cut and/or unfinished content and what will be totally fresh and new content... content which supposed to be "DLC content" like story add ons or such in the first place.

I do not want to complain or defame anyone. Haven't been following Cyberpunk 2077 for the past 4-5 months so I am a bit out of touch about the updates and all.

As the title says, I just want to ask when will the game be "finished"? And when are we allowed to dream for a DLC?

I personally loved the game but there was limited content to do after the story line in my opinion hence I left thinking of coming back when there are more updates and maybe even a DLC. It has been about 7-8 months post release. What are the updates? Does the game deliver everything it has promised before? and when are we looking at a DLC release date. Or have these already been implemented? Are there any new features? bug fixes? game optimization already done?

Please let me know thanks!

Sadly, most likely never :shrug:

Just looking through the thread, you (like everyone else) are entitled to your opinion on the status of the game, do not allow anyone to browbeat you into changing how you feel. (y)

Technically, the game IS finished.

It's just lacking content. It's not unfinished, but it's missing a certain amount of content by modern open-world rpgs standards. It should be longer and more balanced, simple as that.

But the story IS finished, Night City IS complete (well, aside from Pacifica, that is) and the features and mechanics in the game DO work, even if there's of course something to be done regarding aspects like weak AI and perks not working as intended.

It's just a game in serious need of post-launch support and additions. Something that, apart from one or two major patches, is still to happen.

A very sad truth right there .. :giveup:

That's the unfortunate reality of CP2077 right now. Modders have added basic features to the game that should've been there from the very get-go. Stuff that, by now, should've been added or corrected by CDPR themselves as they are easy fixes.

Being here on day one trying to figure out a way to walk on PC with other forum members was fun but when you stop to think about it shouldn't have had to happen at all. The same goes for the minimap zoom, easy fix and a basic feature that has been in any driving game with a map for well over a decade now.

I'm sure CDPR is aware that their game can't really be called polished until some very basic features are actually in the game but I have serious concerns about how long it'll take for things to get there.
skyrim is what it is today thanks to the mod community, it is true that with some technique and more than 300 mods the game can be modified to an unimaginable point, we could call it skyrim se 2.0 and nothing would happen (seriously it is impressive, I have a 3080 and I need graphics if I want to put more things into it but whit 15 years work in it), then as you say configuring basic things is ..... simply unfortunate and a waste of time for that community that can get rid of the situation. It is not the time that may be needed, it is that it will not reach the levels that were expected ... no joke, hope passes through this community in the long term, there is a saying for this: tell me how you act and I will tell you Who are you, so just for the instruction of the users, in the hotfix patch 1.21 notes they defined as a "bug" that the police made respawn right behind the player ... now they have lengthened some streets and added a drone
It is NOT a bug, it is a lack of configuration, sell you to your fucking face something UNFINISHED and that months later someone goes to work some code to the AI ... if that is considered a bug and it is what they transmit to us then they have NOT learned nothing and we will NOT see a finished product. (the one we imagined through their press and news notes)

"WHEN WILL THE GAME BE FINISHED?"

The game was finished prior to launch. It had it bugs, but the most dire ones have been mended. CDPR stated a couple of times that they're very satisfied with the game's current state. It has even returned to PS Store.

So, this is the official end IP you bought. I myself am very happy with it, and love it.

CDPR also mentioned a couple of times there'll be some (free) DLCs. just have to wait for it to arrive. If you still experience serious issues playing the game, posting a bug report here, Official Tech Support Website is the
only way to go. Posting a bug-report on these forums, nothing will ever happen concerning your issue, as CDPR will never see it.

The game is finnished , it's great!

Everyone wants more and more (including me and my V) cause the game is great.

Take all the input from fans and critics alike on here and add that to this game. We would be at Cyberpunk Part 10 .

My V wants all big storylines kept for Cyberpunk Part Two.

My V wants online PVP games to be played at the arcades in the game where you have to wait in line to play. Of course all original online mini games from the Developers.

Type O negative still uses more hairspray than the Spice Girls

Have a nice day .

skyrim is what it is today thanks to the mod community, it is true that with some technique and more than 300 mods the game can be modified to an unimaginable point, we could call it skyrim se 2.0 and nothing would happen (seriously it is impressive, I have a 3080 and I need graphics if I want to put more things into it but whit 15 years work in it), then as you say configuring basic things is ..... simply unfortunate and a waste of time for that community that can get rid of the situation. It is not the time that may be needed, it is that it will not reach the levels that were expected ... no joke, hope passes through this community in the long term, there is a saying for this: tell me how you act and I will tell you Who are you, so just for the instruction of the users, in the hotfix patch 1.21 notes they defined as a "bug" that the police made respawn right behind the player ... now they have lengthened some streets and added a drone
It is NOT a bug, it is a lack of configuration, sell you to your fucking face something UNFINISHED and that months later someone goes to work some code to the AI ... if that is considered a bug and it is what they transmit to us then they have NOT learned nothing and we will NOT see a finished product. (the one we imagined through their press and news notes)

We'll definitely never get the version of the game many gamers envisioned. In fact, I think we'll never get the version of the game CDPR envisioned. Some of the things they said there would be are so outlandish that even they should've realized it's not feasible. Thousands of NPCs with routines going about town all at the same time WHILE we're doing our thing and all those other systems are working in the background? I never believed that bit for a second. I'm skeptical by nature though. I don't care that it was said in a video meant only for press. They chose to show it to the public. It's an outlandish claim they should've refrained from.

Is the game finished? I'd argue it is. You can play it from beginning to end. It's arguably finished but many of it's systems are barebones and in some serious need of reworks. I doubt we'll see much happen in that sense. We'll definitely see some level of reworks but nothing major. If anything major happens, it'll probably be from modders and even that will take forever to happen, if ever, since I don't think CDPR will ever release tools the likes of which Bethesda releases for modders.

Guest 3847602

Thousands of NPCs with routines going about town all at the same time WHILE we're doing our thing and all those other systems are working in the background? I never believed that bit for a second. I'm skeptical by nature though. I don't care that it was said in a video meant only for press. They chose to show it to the public. It's an outlandish claim they should've refrained from.
Mistranslated and spread on reddit (biiig surprise /s):

FALSE:

"While there are some areas in the Witcher 3 where villagers don’t have a daily routine, they are planning to improve this with giving more than a thousand NPCs a handmade routine."

CORRECTION:

Most people have Automated Routines from a pool which can divert into branching options. Its mostly randomized but remains believable.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/corrected-german-podcast-translation.11032286/

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me an optimist but i think CDPR really will pull a rabbit of the hat - for the next gen version that is. I think it's gonna be a longish wait though, as and when they release the new version is anyones quess.. they'll keep updating the current gen to a point where everything is 'acceptable'.

I'm sure it's been said a thousand times on this forum, your best bet is to enjoy the game for what it is and hope for the best. CP2077 for me was an absolute blast but also disappointing in some pretty big ways.. just enjoy the ride til they pull the plug i say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom