Self driving cars???

+
Without being too mean, because I could be the first to take a ride in an autonomous car :)

But we can see what it gives the NPC's "self driving", it's not that great ! Maybe sometimes, it's possible that you would wait indefinitely behind another car or crushed against a railing... And the "self-driving" on your own vehicles, it's on very very short distance (or very long when it spawn on other side of the map).

So in this state of the game, it seem pretty difficult to me, to implement "self-driving" :(
yes in the current state their is definitely needs for improvement...according to the concept designs it would work, again if the base systems were "strong"

yes in the current state their is diffidently needs for improvement...according to the concept designs it would work, again if the base systems were "strong"
Yep ;)
But the idea is really good, that could be way better than TP points. If you don't want drive, just take a taxi.

I would probably not use it very often (I have never used TP points at all), because controller+Kusanagi/Arch is way too fun, but sometimes why not :)
Could be like 250 eddies for "base" slow taxi. And after finishing Delamain quests, 500 eddies for Delamain's taxi (faster/luxury) and maybe 2000 eddies for fast Delamain AV.

Besides, it would be weird to take a Delamain...
since you can destroy him or he leaves behind the black wall... it surprised me in the Sun ending, that is Delamain's AV when he was supposed to leave Night City in my game.

I think that was jr. flying you in
Yep ;)
But the idea is really good, that could be way better than TP points. If you don't want drive, just take a taxi.

I would probably not use it very often (I have never used TP points at all), because controller+Kusanagi/Arch is way too fun, but sometimes why not :)
Could be like 250 eddies for "base" slow taxi. And after finishing Delamain quests, 500 eddies for Delamain's taxi (faster/luxury) and maybe 2000 eddies for fast Delamain AV.

Besides, it would be weird to take a Delamain...
since you can destroy him or he leaves behind the black wall... it surprised me in the Sun ending, that is Delamain's AV when he was supposed to leave Night City in my game.
I think that was jr. flying you around in the ending

I think that was jr. flying you around in the ending
I don't know in english, but in french, Delamain and Jr. Delamain have not the same voice :(
But anyway, you're certainly right (maybe little mistake on the voice in french version) and he couldn't be Delamain.
-If you reset him, he don't remember anything about you.
-If you destroy the core (he "die" and his parts leave Night City.
-If you merge the parts with him, he leave Night City to go behind the black wall and above all, he have a creepy "multi-voice".

Last edited:
i would enjoy the ability to use a flying vehicle when ever I felt the want or need
In the game? Where you going to land it? Store it? And why are you living in a shitty little hovel when you have a literal space age hover machine?

V would need her mansion before she can get her flying machine, and only then.

the desire for AV's is not dependent on real estate, real estate is a different topic...( as a side note it also should be added )

I followed the afterlife bartender as she drove around the city for over 20 minutes before stopping back at her starting position (after she drops me off at her garage location at the end of her quest line). She had no problem at all driving around in the existing trafic code of the game.

The Delamain quest where you chase cars ALL OVER THE MAP is also proof the game can handle this. CDPR had smart driving horses they can do cars.

The Delamain quest where you chase cars ALL OVER THE MAP is also proof the game can handle this. CDPR had smart driving horses they can do cars.
For me, the Delamain "rebel" taxis, do a few meters before stopping after having said "Ok, I come home !" (except the one who crash into the "hut"). And they go around in circles on the same street , and destroy every possible obstacles...
Claire could be an exception, because the Fixer's cars are also not very smart :(

For me, the Delamain "rebel" taxis, do a few meters before stopping after having said "Ok, I come home !" (except the one who crash into the "hut"). And they go around in circles on the same street , and destroy every possible obstacles...
Claire could be an exception, because the Fixer's cars are also not very smart :(

Then it is a PC power vers Xbox power issue not a GAME code issue because I chased Claire for almost a 20 minutes all over the Dam map and Delamain all over the section of the city each took place in (as I was having bad player driving issues because of bad driving player keyboard code and could not catch up with the Dam cars).

CDPR had smart driving horses they can Dam well do Freaking cars!

Last edited:
Then it is a PC power vers Xbox power issue not a GAME code issue because I chased Claire for almost a 20 minutes all over the Dam map and Delamain all over the section of the city each took place in (as I was having bad player driving issues because of bad driving player keyboard code and could not catch up with the Dam cars).

CDPR had smart driving horses they can Dam well do Freaking cars!
Like you know, I don't know anything about how it really work, and I believe you for Claire ;)
From what I saw, from my perspective as a simple player, yes, it could be added quite easily. But for me, adding a feature that could potentially add many more bugs (the car crashing into a barrier, crushing civilians, getting stuck in traffic,...) would be a very bad idea...
If CDPR choose to add "self-driving" cars (I am for, that would be really cool), they should be sure that it works perfectly (and not yet have another thread like "self-driving - bugs").

Yes, it's just a nice feature to have available. Hopefully, cdpr can add it at some point or DLC in the future.
Yo would be nice, even if its just for Delamain 21 once you have completed the side quests to obtain him, be cool then you could add a shooting mechanic to it...

I think there should be some selfdriving cars in the world. You should atleast see some rich people cars without a driver.
Like others have said allready. All the cars V have are selfdriving, so it would be odd not seeing any other cars empty from time to time.

Top Bottom