Very low GPU usage/FPS - Nvidia 3060 cyberpunk

+
Hello,
the games are running at 7 fps and don't seem to be using the graphics card.

I have the latest version and just bought it, couldn't get it to run. Nvidia 3060 zotac 12g graphics card, 32g ram, 9900kf processor.

I tried everything: Update after complete cleaning of the graphics card drivers, return to the old version, deactivation of v-sync etc ... Process on all processor cores, scan of system / sfc files, background process Reduced, game integrity check via gog ...

And still various settings before resetting everything to 0.

The game starts at 77 fps during the first logo and goes directly to 5/7 fps during the second logo.

No direct x game does that under my pc and even the Bench utilities do not present this problem. In low, with or without ray tracing etc.

I tried everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20210711_175508.jpg
    IMG_20210711_175508.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 139
  • DxDiag.txt
    99.8 KB · Views: 87
Yea its not using your gpu for the rendering it seems. You have a cpu with integrated gfx? might have too disable that in bios or something..

Hows the GPU clockspeeds? from the pic its ideling more or less? Using any mods for cp2077? Seems that cpu only have 16 pci-e lanes so are you running it at x16 mode?

16x is ok!
1850 or 2000 MHz.

I'm going to be crazy

Attachments

• NVIDIA System Information 07-12-2021 21-53-33.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 2021-07-12 21_55_58-Window.png
    2021-07-12 21_55_58-Window.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 77
Ment ingame, it draws only 19 watts so its not beeing used at all. Did you use DDU when reinstalling the nvidia drivers? Did you also choose do a clean install? since it starts and renders the game on your screen its weird.. It only happends in cp2077?

It only happends in cp2077.... DDU Yes! Clean Nvidia install... 3 drivers but not results!

Attachments

• 2021-07-12 22_11_29-Window.png
    2021-07-12 22_11_29-Window.png
    254.8 KB · Views: 104
Its not your setup. The game is garbage.
I recently bought an as upgrade 5900x + B550 Taichi Razor Edition + NVme SSD Kingston KC2500 1TB and i get still sub 30FPS( ~20 FPS) in the city.
View attachment 11235652
That's could be good to read before posting ;)
There is a problem somewhere, his GPU is only "used" at 12%... So that's why he have low FPS...
With his CPU/GPU he should easily have constant 50 FPS.

His GPU works fine in other games like my two configs (Ryzen 1700 + Rx 580 + sata SSD and Ryzen 5900x + 580 + NVme SSD) worked fine in other games. The only common element is the game. It can only be at fault.

Yea kinda have too use DLSS or other scaling stuff for playeble FPS in this game. unless you turn down every setting too low/medium perhaps. Its not that pretty tbh -.-

His GPU works fine in other games like my two configs (Ryzen 1700 + Rx 580 + sata SSD and Ryzen 5900x + 580 + NVme SSD) worked fine in other games. The only common element is the game. It can only be at fault.
If you say so...
If still his GPU was 80/90% used and he still had very low FPS, that might be true. But there, its GPU is "limited" by something, I don't know but maybe a third-party software, a bad driver for his GPU,...
I hope the game can run correctly, because his RTX 3060 alone cost more than my XBSX which runs the game smoothly in 4K.
(But simply to say that "it is the game", while less powerful configs make it run correctly, it is rather simplistic for me...)

Last edited:
So do the nVidia drivers mistake Cyberpunk for Etherium mining? ... maybe CP IS Etherium mining and that's why it's running so bad... so many theories... :D

If you say so...
If still his GPU was 80/90% used and he still had very low FPS, that might be true. But there, its GPU is "limited" by something, I don't know but maybe a third-party software, a bad driver for his GPU,...
I hope the game can run correctly, because his RTX 3060 alone cost more than my XBSX which runs the game smoothly in 4K.
(But simply to say that "it is the game", while less powerful configs make it run correctly, it is rather simplistic for me...)

If it would have been a bad driver for his GPU the problem would be seen in all games. The other games run ok.
In respect to third-party software he mentioned: "background process Reduced".
You always suspect people hardware is the fault. The game is a viable suspect with the joke of a release and all.

Yes, never let yourself get distracted by the fact that literally millions of other users are playing the same game without such issues.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Hello,
the games are running at 7 fps and don't seem to be using the graphics card.

I have the latest version and just bought it, couldn't get it to run. Nvidia 3060 zotac 12g graphics card, 32g ram, 9900kf processor.

I tried everything: Update after complete cleaning of the graphics card drivers, return to the old version, deactivation of v-sync etc ... Process on all processor cores, scan of system / sfc files, background process Reduced, game integrity check via gog ...

And still various settings before resetting everything to 0.

The game starts at 77 fps during the first logo and goes directly to 5/7 fps during the second logo.

No direct x game does that under my pc and even the Bench utilities do not present this problem. In low, with or without ray tracing etc.

I tried everything.

Try this:
  • uninstall RTSS, or try disabling all other overlays, including:
    Steam overlay ; GOG Galaxy overlay ; Nvidia Experience Experimental Features
  • Set CPU power plan to High Performance in Windows 10 settings.
  • Use these settings in Nvidia Control Panel:

If that didn't help, flash your BIOS and make sure XMP profile1 is enabled, leave all other settings on AUTO

Top Bottom