Different Stealth Takedowns/Animations

+
Hi

i see there is only one animation for stealth takedowns, break neck from behind, is there only one in the game or am i missing something? in skilltree maybe or weapons that i didnt found? o cyberware?

I remember that someone started a similar discussion some time ago. There isn't. And I'm pretty sure, no game designer will ever make them because they reason, even 5 different animations would get stale after playing for some hours, so why bother.
With a unique and always same animation the game at last signals to you: Yep, you did everything right, It's a stealth takedown.

There's breaking the neck from behind, and breaking their neck and back over V's knee (my favorite one). Lethal. Non-lethal: squeezing the neck. Lethal and hide: slamming their head against cooler/dumpster. There's also one from above that you can unlock, but I've never used it.

Not sure what else is needed because stealth takedowns are sneaking upon the enemy from behind and there's only so many ways you can kill/take down a guy with your bare hands in these situations.

Yeah more animations for takedowns would be nice. The current non-lethal (ground) takedowns look and feel super limp. Also the neck snap audio is pretty limp too. Sounds more like someone popping their finger than a neck snap.

Oh another idea maybe stealth takedowns (lethal) could take into consideration the current melee weapon you have equiped changing the animation.

The 2018 gameplay demo's takedown, where V used the water to muffle the sound of her gun, was very nice.
Oh another idea maybe stealth takedowns (lethal) could take into consideration the current melee weapon you have equiped changing the animation.
that would be nice....just not melee weapons only:)
But honestly, I am ok if they add nothing. They have more important things to worry about:)

Yeah more animations for takedowns would be nice. The current non-lethal (ground) takedowns look and feel super limp. Also the neck snap audio is pretty limp too. Sounds more like someone popping their finger than a neck snap.

Even if there were just three more for the three melee cyberware arms that'd be pretty fun. Gorilla arms, mantis blades, and monowire. The takedown option could have one of those UI choices you get when you're able to open a door with more than one skill, or when you're deciding to kill or knock out, so you could alternate between them for some variety. X for regular, Y for mantis blades takeodown, for example (I'm on console).

Top Bottom