7 months in... And still no real major updates.

+
And still no real major updates.
I get that there's the COVID issue, the hack issue, the fact that the game needs to be at least stable on old gen consoles but... this is quite frankly disappointing.
I really hope in a redemption arc for this franchise but every day that passes it gets more and more unlikely.

Fingers crossed, we'll see.

I get that there's the COVID issue, the hack issue, the fact that the game needs to be at least stable on old gen consoles but... this is quite frankly disappointing.
I really hope in a redemption arc for this franchise but every day that passes it gets more and more unlikely.

Besides the new crafting thing, I personally don't see a lot of improvements in regards to bugs. But then again, my first playthrough were fairly free of game breaking bugs, so its mostly all the same graphical glitches, loot you can't pick up, cars randomly driving into things, lack of mini map zoom etc.

So I guess it might be visible for people which had a lot of these issues? But for me, its basically the same.

Besides the new crafting thing, I personally don't see a lot of improvements in regards to bugs. But then again, my first playthrough were fairly free of game breaking bugs, so its mostly all the same graphical glitches, loot you can't pick up, cars randomly driving into things, lack of mini map zoom etc.

So I guess it might be visible for people which had a lot of these issues? But for me, its basically the same.
I also dont see any changes. I still have same bugs, and now i am just waiting and hoping for a major dlc but I dont expect anything after everything

I've had a relatively bug free experience (I'm on a high end gaming laptop) but I have to agree with you guys: not many improvements and quite a lackluster experience under many aspects even though I enjoyed the game.
I'm lucky that the mods vastly improved the gameplay and immersion for me!

personally I think going the don't say anything route, loses more than it gains you. But many developers after suffering backlash from expectations retreat into the radio silence until you have something complete path. Personally I don't think that works out nowadays, where people expect high levels of engagement.

Its possible I suppose they are simply unsure what type of content they plan for cp2077, but if that's the case at this point, it probably means nothing is coming for the foreseeable future.

inspite of all the complaining, people do want to know what to expect. And inspite of the bugs, a large amount of people want new content most

I dunno, the fact they have addressed the enormous bug and performance issues is a sign that they're actually working on it. But yes, I fully expect a year to get all the crap resolved that was initially problematic in the game. I also expected all of that to delay the release of the game's DLC exceptionally.

Agreed, its rather disappointing. I was shocked at how limited the game was at launch and assumed more would be added rather quickly, but clearly I was mistaken.

Let's hope they can pull a rabbit out of a hat and save the game. But its going to have to be a fairly impressive "rabbit" :LOL: :shrug:

Not for me. Not that I don't expect/want a big expansions.
Mind you I separate expansion and dlc. For me expansion is big thing (witcher 3 blood and wine), while dlc is small. New clothes/weapons....hopefully, barber and a way to add more cosmetics to V etc.
Edit: forgot to add to be on topic - well they have to fix it first, don't they. Since once they start adding stuff that will introduce new bugs:)

My personal opinion, which seems to be unwelcome and unpopular as its negative is that we cant and should not expect any major changes to this game made anytime soon, meaning next 15 months or so - and this is still very hopeful to think that anything core gameplay wise, such as AI, lack of chases, shallowness of NPCS, cut content and cut immersion, lack of outside mission content, non-interactive shops and majority of locations locked/unfinished will ever be changed - we will see few free small dlcs adding clothing, maybe cars, maybe weapons, maybe few side quests, maybe one or two paid dlcs adding additional content such as scenario missions but core itself is very very unlikely to change.

I believed in this studio and their abilities but ever since this game has released, I have gradually lost respect due to quality of release and absolute lack of communication or acknowledgement apart from one "apology" video and vague "roadmap".

Map is amazing, some ost is as well, gameplay mechanics mediocre, "RPG system" and skills are a missed opportunity, characters are visually nicely made, scenario is cut in half and often lacking middle grounds and polish as lots has been cut out, immersion is shallow and only looks somewhat good from distance.

My personal opinion, which seems to be unwelcome and unpopular as its negative is that we cant and should not expect any major changes to this game made anytime soon, meaning next 15 months or so - and this is still very hopeful to think that anything core gameplay wise, such as AI, lack of chases, shallowness of NPCS, cut content and cut immersion, lack of outside mission content, non-interactive shops and majority of locations locked/unfinished will ever be changed - we will see few free small dlcs adding clothing, maybe cars, maybe weapons, maybe few side quests, maybe one or two paid dlcs adding additional content such as scenario missions but core itself is very very unlikely to change.

I mean, yes, if you don't like the game you don't like the game. The game is what the game is. They're not going to remake it.

Mind you, WATCH_DOGS: LEGION is consistently being updated with new games, shops, modes, and stuff. Stuff which should have been there from the start.

I believed in this studio and their abilities but ever since this game has released, I have gradually lost respect due to quality of release and absolute lack of communication or acknowledgement apart from one "apology" video and vague "roadmap".

Map is amazing, some ost is as well, gameplay mechanics mediocre, "RPG system" and skills are a missed opportunity, characters are visually nicely made, scenario is cut in half and often lacking middle grounds and polish as lots has been cut out, immersion is shallow and only looks somewhat good from distance.
You are right about your opinion being unwelcome but...just curious why do you think these things?

You are right about your opinion being unwelcome but...just curious why do you think these things?

I mean his opinion is his opinion, I feel the game had some areas where it wasn't good either. It's just there's not point to discussion after saying you hated the gameplay.

It's sad you do but whatcha gonna do.

Negative feedback is as important as positive even if I can't visit Cyberpunk Reddit because it is more hostile than.....well a reddit video game board.

Your opinion is your opinion, don't feel like you cannot share it just because other's do not want to hear it. All are equal here .. well, beside the mods, but you get what I mean.

I mean, yes, if you don't like the game you don't like the game. The game is what the game is. They're not going to remake it.

Mind you, WATCH_DOGS: LEGION is consistently being updated with new games, shops, modes, and stuff. Stuff which should have been there from the start.
Its not that I dont like the game - the game is missing significant part of its character that was showcased and discussed by the very same studio and lead employees who released it lol, its not that i hate this game, im just absolutely disappointed with how shallow it ended up be and how unpolished fx are, and all of the stuff that was countlessly discussed that i cant be bothered to list again and again...

Definitely will never pre order anything from cdpr again (i did not participate in hype, in fact did not watch any night wire or any hype videos and preordered a longer while before release) and i will really, really, really consider whether its worth buying anything from them in the future, likely will never happen due to a lot of aspects surrounding this games' launch and how it was handled by the top of the hierarchy.

I understand that this is first massive project since witcher and that its first fps and all other first aspects of their development of such world and what not, but that absolutely does not excuse the above handling of the project - for me its very obvious what has happened and its people who invested a lot of money and some other things i probably shouldnt mention because reasons.

Not for me. Not that I don't expect/want a big expansions.
Mind you I separate expansion and dlc. For me expansion is big thing (witcher 3 blood and wine), while dlc is small. New clothes/weapons....hopefully, barber and a way to add more cosmetics to V etc.
Edit: forgot to add to be on topic - well they have to fix it first, don't they. Since once they start adding stuff that will introduce new bugs:)

It's rather worrying that it takes 7 months to patch a game into a stable state to be able to add new content.

It's a shame that the game was rushed to launch.

....that is good, as far as I can see. You really shouldn't preorder games:)
I never did in my life, felt like doing it to support an amazing project based on showcase, im not salty and i dont feel that ive lost anything apart from trust to one of very few studios that i respect, so theres that and that mistake will never be repeated again.

They then urged and asked people to not refund and to give them a chance which I willingly did, how silly of me.

Top Bottom