Is "The Janitor" the Protagonist?

+
"Alright cupcake. When this is all over, am I gonna have to use the broom? OR THE MOP?" - The Janitor

The Janitor is actually not a bad nickname.

It reeks of 80s action movies.

Remember that tag line from Stallone's movie Cobra?
"Crime is a disease, he is the cure"

Paraphrased

"Crime is a stain, here comes Mr.Clean aka the Janitor"

hell yeah baby.

The janitor´s jumpsuit looks pretty close to CWU27/P, wich is US nomex fire resistant coverall. It is relatively often used by SWAT teams around the world. So, why not.

Exactly, it's just a uniform. Not only are coveralls worn by janitors but cops as well. If you look at the Cyberpunk trailer "making of" gallery you can see the real life coverall they use is military. Additionally as you look at the early concept art, you can see our Max Tac agent isn't dressed to different from the standard swat, He's just missing the vest, which is obsolete compared to his armor. The slouched belt, rolled up sleeves, and unzipped suit play two purposes.
1. They give a casual nonchalant impression, which shows that what is hard work to swat is effortless to him. Nothing's more cool than a devil may care attitude in a dangerous situation.
2. They show off his sweet cybernetic enhancements. (Though I'm convinced it's some kind of exosuit because it just makes sense, a maxtac agent having a full body conversion is like a Paramedic owning a fast motorcycle. Plus why the removable helmet when you could get skull and eye implants?)

The reason He wears the uniform is to show he's affiliated with maxtac. He is cool and fashionably minimalistic and could easily fight with just his plate armor but he wears it with pride because that's what a uniform is. It's necessary and carefully planed out as is probably everything else in the trailer.

You know, guys, Im actually starting to like the term janitor.

Let's just keep calling him like that.

That was a joke. German humor, aye?

Ha ha.

Ha ha.

It to late... I'm pretty sure it's stuck. Nicknames aren't chosen, they just form. Otherwise I'd suggest that "the babe from the trailer" instead be called "Whisperfoot's girlfriend" ;)

like a Paramedic owning a fast motorcycle.

Some do you know, or fast cars. I'm in the ambulance service here in Oz. And I know a few paramedics with some serious wheels. A good friend in the service lost his life when he was out for a ride, and someone pulled a u-turn in front of him. No speeding involved in either party. 8[

Plus why the removable helmet when you could get skull and eye implants?)

This is easy. Sure, but you're limited with how many options you're packing. And then there is also the Humanity Cost. If you don't want to end up as a cyberpsycho, you don't go packing in a huge amount of cyber. Hence with you can get things like the Battlegloves. (for those that haven't played the PnP game (go and play it already!!), you can include a couple of cyberarm option in the Battleglove, without having to actually have the cyber implanted. Sure it will cost you more money, but no Humanity Loss).

My characters used to have various pairs of mirror shades and smart goggles with optical enhancements in to save on HL and provide more options.

That helmet also seems standard issue, as the las puts one on at the end of thw trailer too. My guess is that it has recording/transmitting capabilities.

I just hope I can play as a Max-Tac.
Just chill out in the hover car until you get the call that another nut-job is out slashing people up.

P.S: We need to stop calling him "The Janitor".

Too late. It's already been decided! He will be Janitor until game will be released or beyond.

Top Bottom