Viper Alchemist and Last Wish

+
Behold my suggestion to make the first one less toxic and the latter one actually more playable.

It's quite simple, both these cards have some risk involved in them, since in both cases you're losing a card.
One of them has too little of a risk (imo, for being a 5 provision bronze) and the other has too much risk for it's cost so no one is willing to risk it.

I suggest to reduce the amount of cards you can see and pick from with the Alchemist from 3 down to 2.
- This way there is SOME risk involved when you play this card that you might see 2 good cards (just like with the Last Wish currently) BUT you also keep the 5 power body and also it's just a 5 prov bronze so even if you give the wrong card you can trade it again with another Alchemistino.
The reason I am taking a hit at this card is that people are getting used to just yoloing it without any goddamn setup and they NEVER get punished for it, this card shouldn't be just used proactively without any setup (I mean okay, use it however you want but there should be SOME risk involved while currently there is almost none). Reducing the seen cards to 2 will make it a more fair card.

Now for Last Wish, you should increase the number of cards you pick from up to 3, this way you reduce the risk of having to banish a good card while also allowing you to see the next card you will have on the top of your deck after one is played and one is banished. Also this makes perfect sense since in the lore a Djinn when bound is supposed to grant you 3 wishes for him to be set free then, so logically the number of cards we can pick from should also be THREE. :)
Obviously this card is never played so that's why I suggest this buff.

The proposal for last wish makes sense — it is card I use for a specialty deck involving quickly meeting a play 80 cards quest.

I will say that I only use it late third round because the risk is too great. And my goal with that deck is not to win the match, merely to play a lot of cards! Even hyperthin decks can’t use it because the risk is too high.

But I disagree with the nerf to viper witcher alchemist. I do have a deck that that I play for fun based on trying to set up Alchemists (and Ofiri Merchants) by the likes of Couriers, Warritt, and the like. It doesn’t work well — but I can say with certainty that alchemists are not overpowered.

I will admit that their level of RNG is problematic. However, their current, average value is sufficiently low that they remain a meme card at best. The problem with alchemists is that they are an option for Gorthur Gvaed. (This is about the only time you see them in serious play.) Many players take the location card for its charge power — and when it must be played, the 5 point Alchemist body looks attractive relative to the other options. If not for the tie to location, I don’t think Alchemists would be an issue. Rather than totally destroying an archetype (even if it only has sub-meme effectiveness), I would suggest dealing with the actual problem — which is Alchemist being a choice for Gvaed.

I agree with the change on The Last Wish. 3 cards instead of 2 is the best option. It's more useful this way. Alchemisto is annoying but he's fine as it is.

To be honest I never played Last Wish. Probably it has some use cases for Hyperthin and Kolgrim decks.

Regarding its tutoring ability:
There are to my better less risky tutors in the same provision area (Neutral: Marching Orders, Alzur's Double-Cross; MO Naglfar (+1 provision), Whispering Hillock; NG War Council

Regarding thinning:
Cards like Dead Men´s Tongue do a better job as they are not connected to risk and cheaper. And you have tons of unit thinners at NG

So 3 cards would be completely fine. Additionally I would suggest a small provison buff.

The proposal for last wish makes sense — it is card I use for a specialty deck involving quickly meeting a play 80 cards quest.

I will say that I only use it late third round because the risk is too great. And my goal with that deck is not to win the match, merely to play a lot of cards! Even hyperthin decks can’t use it because the risk is too high.

But I disagree with the nerf to viper witcher alchemist. I do have a deck that that I play for fun based on trying to set up Alchemists (and Ofiri Merchants) by the likes of Couriers, Warritt, and the like. It doesn’t work well — but I can say with certainty that alchemists are not overpowered.

I will admit that their level of RNG is problematic. However, their current, average value is sufficiently low that they remain a meme card at best. The problem with alchemists is that they are an option for Gorthur Gvaed. (This is about the only time you see them in serious play.) Many players take the location card for its charge power — and when it must be played, the 5 point Alchemist body looks attractive relative to the other options. If not for the tie to location, I don’t think Alchemists would be an issue. Rather than totally destroying an archetype (even if it only has sub-meme effectiveness), I would suggest dealing with the actual problem — which is Alchemist being a choice for Gvaed.
Maybe they should swap it with Coated weapons

To be honest I never played Last Wish. Probably it has some use cases for Hyperthin and Kolgrim decks.

Regarding its tutoring ability:
There are to my better less risky tutors in the same provision area (Neutral: Marching Orders, Alzur's Double-Cross; MO Naglfar (+1 provision), Whispering Hillock; NG War Council

Regarding thinning:
Cards like Dead Men´s Tongue do a better job as they are not connected to risk and cheaper. And you have tons of unit thinners at NG

So 3 cards would be completely fine. Additionally I would suggest a small provison buff.
In present form, Last Wish is too dangerous for either hyperthin or or Kolgrim decks because those decks require key cards to not be played until very late if at all. If one of your choices is such a key card, it’s instant lose. As a thinning card, Last Wish is unusable. Even if given a choice of three cards, there will be safer and cheaper options — especially for SK and NG.

I dont agree with the change of viper alchemist.

I thonk he is fine at is it, since you have only 5 body and can bricks a lot of time. So somtimes you will give a good card to your opponent and gets a sh** card? And only putting 5 points on the board? No, thank you.

For that change problably it has to low provision to 4 and, maybe, increase base power to 6 and also gives the chance to not trade the cards (if there is 2 good cards you just cancell it and it wont trade cards)

Top Bottom