Disappointed in Corpo life path

+
Why would someone who just got screwed by Arasaka and has all kinds of dirt on them, willing to go to be a lowlife street merc. Why not go straight to Militech and offer everything you know for big eddies? Doesn't make any sense. Hence, how CDPR screwed up the main RPG element of this game, choices. We don't really have any choice in the entire game but the ending.
i feel the same way

I could said :
"CDPR should remove the other paths and make Nomad V canon"
Or
"CDPR should remove the other paths and make Street Kid V canon"
Or, maybe way better :D
"Don't remove any lifepaths"
The photo with the scripts is really impressive :) A lot of people really underestimate all work it takes to make quality quests and have their versions in various languages.

Moxy3

Forum regular
I just truly wished it was really OPEN WORLD RPG. That i could go anywhere i want and do anything i want, FROM THE BEGINNING. Not a whole proloque that forces me to do act 1 to unlock the map, so i can suffer with this god damn bad storywriting chip that is killing me and will kill me no matter what i do.

I wish i could take corpo and then go to Militech and do some deals or things like that. There are no real factions in the game. There are no real consequences. Everything you do doesnt matter.

Compare this game to a game like Gothic 3 that was released like almost 15 years ago and im not talking about the bugs but about the game itself.
The freedom you had in gothic 3. You could do anything you want right from the start. You could join and betray every faction in the game and even go against the whole world.

You had plenty of quests that would really change entire villages or lifes of people. So much interaction with the world.

Its plain and simple DISGUSTING comparing this game to gothic 3. Gothic 3 beats Cyberpunk anyday anytime.

Guest 3847602

I just truly wished it was really OPEN WORLD RPG. That i could go anywhere i want and do anything i want, FROM THE BEGINNING. Not a whole proloque that forces me to do act 1 to unlock the map, so i can suffer with this god damn bad storywriting chip that is killing me and will kill me no matter what i do.

I wish i could take corpo and then go to Militech and do some deals or things like that. There are no real factions in the game. There are no real consequences. Everything you do doesnt matter.

Compare this game to a game like Gothic 3 that was released like almost 15 years ago and im not talking about the bugs but about the game itself.
The freedom you had in gothic 3. You could do anything you want right from the start. You could join and betray every faction in the game and even go against the whole world.

You had plenty of quests that would really change entire villages or lifes of people. So much interaction with the world.

Its plain and simple DISGUSTING comparing this game to gothic 3. Gothic 3 beats Cyberpunk anyday anytime.
What on earth gave you the impression that Cyberpunk 2077 will be that kind of game? o_O

Moxy3

Forum regular
What on earth gave you the impression that Cyberpunk 2077 will be that kind of game? o_O
Dont know.. maybe the marketing of the game as an "OPEN WORLD RPG" ? :)

Are you like.. a new gamer or why are you not able to understand what an openworld rpg is?

Guest 3847602

Are you like.. a new gamer or why are you not able to understand what an openworld rpg is?
I understand the meaning of open-world RPG just fine. You, on the other hand, seem to think that open-world = sandbox.
Furthermore:
- main story being about bioship was known since mid 2018
- story-focus is something that was repeatedly mentioned by developers; sandbox - never
- joining factions was never announced as a feature; joining gangs was dismissed time after time by CDPR

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would someone who just got screwed by Arasaka and has all kinds of dirt on them, willing to go to be a lowlife street merc. Why not go straight to Militech and offer everything you know for big eddies? Doesn't make any sense. Hence, how CDPR screwed up the main RPG element of this game, choices. We don't really have any choice in the entire game but the ending.

Probably because Militech would take everything and then shoot you in the head. Which is not in the game but is stated to be what happens to a lot of disgraced corpos in the game.

The tabletop RPG lists ex-Corpos as one of the most common Edgerunner origins because they know its a way back up to the top.

You get fired by one corpo, why would the other trust you are any good, or that you aren't just a spy?

Being a street merc isn't the worst thing in the world.

Now, now, I am also disappointed a bit in the corpo path, for another reason: you can't fight those chaps that come to collect the shard about offing Abernathy. On my first gameplay, I stood there for half an hour because normally I would rather have them jump on me than give them the shard. The game doesn't let the player take that path.

Now, now, I am also disappointed a bit in the corpo path, for another reason: you can't fight those chaps that come to collect the shard about offing Abernathy. On my first gameplay, I stood there for half an hour because normally I would rather have them jump on me than give them the shard. The game doesn't let the player take that path.
Well, since all your implants and "hormonal" stuff are turned off, you're like a drug addict in lacking, you're downright not fit for battle and maybe even less clear-headed (like said Jackie).

Well, since all your implants and "hormonal" stuff are turned off, you're like a drug addict in lacking, you're downright not fit for battle and maybe even less clear-headed (like said Jackie).

Yeah, more work for Jackie. I'd bet on him taking down the three. More opportunity for the content creators to create stunning action scenes in the early game.

Also, there should be the option to crush the shard, that would be my natural reaction to being unable to keep it and not wanting them to have it. The three would be furious for their own failure, but no other Arasakas would come after the shard.

I dunno, every open world game with a plot just has you do sidemissions while following a central plot.

Kassandra in Odyssey doesn't take up pottery and ignore the Order of the Ancients.

Edit:

I'm actually going to say that I agree the Corpo Life Path is poorly written, though. Corpos that get "exiled" from their home corporation do become the basis of a lot of Edgerunners. We also have a severe marketing issue as while the Cyberpunk 2020 is 100% clear that the purpose of the game is to become a Edgerunner (basically a mercenary for hire and/or adventurer--remember this game came out at a time when the only game in town was Dungeons and Dragons or Call of Cthullhu), that doesn't seem to be what people thought of this game. Plenty of people expected to work for Arasaka or Militech rather than be mercs like 100% of the characters created for the tabletop game that inspired this all.

Furthermore, the OP is correct that it seems like V could just go to Militech with all of their information. Which is a good reason why they absolutely wouldn't let him leave that bar alive under normal circumstances. They could have done this differently, though. A way that made things better.

Corpo: "We have shut down your cybernetics. You cannot move and fight until we remove the implant on you. We have furthermore hacked into your brain chip. All proprietary information about Arasaka is being deleted from your brain! Prepare for transport and execution."

*Jackie shoots all of them with the help of the Mox*

Jackie: Let's get you down to my friend, Victor. He'll get your cybernetics working again--or at least enough to walk.

Last edited:
Say it louder for the people in the back.

I'm level 29 and so far my choices haven't affected a goddamn thing other than which iconic weapons are in my inventory.
Hi. I thought this too, until I switched to the 'very hard' game difficulty. I am still a revolver girl like I used to be before, except I started using skillsets such as taking cover and sneaking from other games. In fights, some perks really matter. E.g., anything that will enable dealing more damage per shot.

I guess it's similar with netrunner-oriented folks, perks probably start to matter more on harder game difficulties.

Last edited:
Very good post Op. The way I see a corpo is he gets to laugh at everybody and he's running with the guys that have the utmost control. So when he gets shunned by the company, he would have a complete meltdown. I envisioned him running to people whitin the company in a panic, trying to use any bit of dirt he knows about them as leverage to get their help, (they can cancel all his credit cards, he'll want something he can run with.). I loved thinking about that, the panic moment and where he runs. If he knows they are going to hide his identity, then sure Miltec. A small country that has a more tradicional government instead of corporate would welcome him far more though.

Top Bottom