GWENT: Price of Power | EP2: Thanedd Coup | Teaser Trailer

+
The question is, will it work with Yen?
Seems it won't. Can't find a dev source saying that, but I can find a comment saying there is one (and it seems like a dumb thing to make up, so I believe it's true). The revealer also says the same.

OK, I'm still dense, mathwise. You play the master, your opponent summons for arguments sake GS. You have 4 on the board, he has 10. You flip sides, going from minus to plus 6. So... 12. Where are the extra 4points coming from? (And 5 for 12 is actually A LOT, btw, especially being more of a modest, unboosted bronze scenario. a 16-point Hamadryad is a 5p card swinging 24, which is pretty insane)

The play on a 10 power GS in total, Puppet Master vs GS, 1v1, mono a mono IS 12 points of value total if the order goes off lol.
Think about it:
Enemy has 10 points
You have 4

After yoinking now you switch places so now you have 10 and enemy has 4.
Since you now got up from 4 to 10, you gained 6 points.
Since enemy went down from 10 to 4, he lost 6 points.
IN TOTAL, you've just made a 12 point difference by playing PM and using his order. :]
Nope, as others stated, it's 16 because in your detailled math, it's true that's opponent lose 6, but you gain 10 compare to your score before plaing the card, so it's 16. ;)

Ok, let's explain this with the Maths I did:
Imagine you have 20p on board without Puppet master. Your opponent has 20 points too, with the GS.
Now it's your turn to play, so you put a 4p Puppet master and you have 24.
When you seize GS you are in 34 and your opponent in 10 points; BUT you give Puppet master, so you end with 30 and him with 14. The difference is 16 ponts.

Nope, as others stated, it's 16 because in your detailled math, it's true that's opponent lose 6, but you gain 10 compare to your score before plaing the card, so it's 16. ;)
I see, true, you're right lol.
Okay so this is a broken card and huge point swings like this with 5 provision bronzes suck and I hate them.
It takes a lot more effort to buff your bronze up to high points (unless ofc you just go Megascope into GS lmao) then to just have your 5 prov card survive ONE TURN to do it's point swing.

Last edited:
Ok, let's explain this with the Maths I did:
Imagine you have 20p on board without Puppet master. Your opponent has 20 points too, with the GS.
Now it's your turn to play, so you put a 4p Puppet master and you have 24.
When you seize GS you are in 34 and your opponent in 10 points; BUT you give Puppet master, so you end with 30 and him with 14. The difference is 16 ponts.
But why is the Greatsword counted in the "equal" and master isn't? You start from zero, then the opponent plays ten, then you play four, so the score is 4-10. Then you flip. So the score is 10-4 now. Difference is 12.

But why is the Greatsword counted in the "equal" and master isn't? You start from zero, then the opponent plays ten, then you play four, so the score is 4-10. Then you flip. So the score is 10-4 now. Difference is 12.
I think I got it, but they didn't explain it properly, they explained it very badly. Now let me explain it in a professional way that shall leave little room for missunderstanding.
Behold:
Opponent has 10 power. - Simple

After PM uses his ability, he will leave opponent with a 4 power card, THUS you've removed 6 power from opponent (10 - 6 = 4).
Now on your side you will be left with a 10 power unit.

So now imagine you played a unit whose base power was 10 and he did 6 damage to the enemy unit: 10 + 6 = 16 total value!! CRAZYY!!

Because Master is the card is played and GS has to be there if you want to do the exchange.

I think I got it, but they didn't explain it properly, they explained it very badly. Now let me explain it in a professional way that shall leave little room for missunderstanding.
Behold:
Opponent has 10 power. - Simple

After PM uses his ability, he will leave opponent with a 4 power card, THUS you've removed 6 power from opponent (10 - 6 = 4).
Now on your side you will be left with a 10 power unit.

So now imagine you played a unit whose base power was 10 and he did 6 damage to the enemy unit: 10 + 6 = 16 total value!! CRAZYY!!
Wait, but you HAD a 4 point unit on the board before you used that ability, so didn't you LOSE those 4 points when gaining that 10 point unit? :D

rrc

Forum veteran
Wait, but you HAD a 4 point unit on the board before you used that ability, so didn't you LOSE those 4 points when gaining that 10 point unit? :D
This was confusing to me too. Still I am confused :p but let me clarify. Imagine playing a 4P spying unit which seizes any bronze, for the sake of the argument. So, you know that whenever we seize (by that I mean, whenever we ST players gets our unit seized), we get double the point as opponent loses x and you gain x so, in total you get 2x points.

In this case, you play a 4 strength Spying unit and Seize a 10 strength unit. So, you gain 20 points by giving 4 points on their size. So, 20-4=16.

I apologize to everyone who first came up with this value of 16 points swing. I didn't understand the math and I thought it was purely NG rage/hatred and panic. Now, please allow me to join you :p

If the opponent seizes as 20point Hammadryad or Sea Jackal, they are effectively getting 36 points from this 5P card. Pretty reasonable I think in this current era of 'there are no limits'.

Now, who is prepared to see some most beautiful amazing card art and extremely contrived and hard conditions to get nominal value? Yes, tomorrow ST reveals start. :ROFLMAO:

Now, who is prepared to see some most beautiful amazing card art and extremely contrived and hard conditions to get nominal value? Yes, tomorrow ST reveals start. :ROFLMAO:

Considering the Open#2 and Pride Stream Leeks, I Guess we'll probably already know 2 of the soon to be revealed ST Card Arts.

IMG_20210722_192013.jpg

1626973923596.png

Edit:
The 2 other Card Arts leeked during Open 2 and Pride Stream.
IMG_20210722_193818.jpg

IMG_20210722_193924.jpg

Last edited:
well, it seems everyone understood the count.

Yes, in a greatsword its 16 points.

In Gan Ceann (betwenn 2 relicts) its 14 points.

In any unit boosted (or not) by 7 you play for 10 points. I think for a 5 provision card with a single order too much.

Imagine a hamadryad boosted by 16 for example (its really simple boost it by 16 using nature cards), its 28 points for a singlee bronze.

Imagine someone playing deathwish. Who will use bronze units to consume other units and beeing seized by this card.

I mean, its not an engine, its a single order.

Also, like i said, since its so cheap this card, it can be auto included in any deck, and the opponent needs to think the player always has that card (even if its not) and cant boost a bronze unit, or need to save a counter for the final. Also, if you are playing agains a no units decks? Dont worry, just use dead mans tongue and ban the 2 cards

26 cards, 22 names chosen for reveals. 2 of the 22 are "on a waiting list", whatever that means.

3 cards were revealed by Burza and Ryan, which leaves 23.
If all 22 Partners reveal a card that still leaves 1 extra, if only 20 do then that leaves 3.
There is a Masters Qualifier coming up, but it's this week. Next week's TWiG might be the final reveal, or a customary pre-patch dev video on the 2nd.

:think:

Edit: There is one Twitter thread to also take into consideration, actually... so my guess is a dev stream.

Last edited:
Even if master puppeteer doesn't die on the spot - very likely, by the way - you still need to make sure he is neutralised quickly once on the other side of the board. It honestly seems like a very complicated maneuver to pull off when considering the average gwent combo.

I like the Master of Puppets, its true it has an insane point potential but finally a card that makes players think outside the box on how to optimize it and find quirky interactions.

I consider Terranova too good and a complete powercreep over similar cards, no setbacks or ways to counter it except avoid playing all your good cards until the very end of R3... :confused:
I guess this is compensation for the previous set, where NG got 3 amazing new cards and 1 crappy legendary in Rience, now it gets amazing cards all around...

But i specially hate the epic one. More thinning for NG, as if they needed it, a 3pt for 7 pr pseudo-tutor, Dandelion poet is becoming a punching bag of humiliation, with each new set of cards making it more obsolete and powercrept.

Even if master puppeteer doesn't die on the spot - very likely, by the way - you still need to make sure he is neutralised quickly once on the other side of the board. It honestly seems like a very complicated maneuver to pull off when considering the average gwent combo.
Additionally to that the Card also probably heavily relies on which Decks are currently Popular in the Meta because you most likely won't find much worthy targets in a AQ/Elf Swarm or no/low Unit Deck heavy Meta.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

Gyg

Forum regular
You most likely won't find much worthy targets in a AQ/Elf Swarm
Thing is against those decks you can wait for them to fill a row / fill it on your own. Then you can seize something from the other row and Master of Puppets won't switch sides due to lack of space.

rrc

Forum veteran
Considering the Open#2 and Pride Stream Leeks, I Guess we'll probably already know 2 of the soon to be revealed ST Card Arts.

View attachment 11238775
View attachment 11238778
Edit:
The 2 other Card Arts leeked during Open 2 and Pride Stream.
No doubt ST art will be beautiful, stunning and amazing art as it always has. My fear is, ST will get the most contrived hard to pull off to get nominal value cards as it has always got. The PTSD of all ST mains from the recents patches and the expansions. We will get to know in next couple of days, but I am already scared of what might come to ST.

Top Bottom