More stealth options and kill animations

+
personally I wish that CDPR would add some more kill animations for the stealth gameplay. It bothers me that regardless which weapon you use, V will always choke the enemy or will break his neck. Why should you do this when you have a katana, or a gun??? I wish they would add more animations that would make use of the weapon that you hold in your hand. Stab the enemy from behind, grab him and shoot him in his back, ram his head into the floor with your gorilla-arms or stab your mantis blade in his head. I think more kill animations would sneaking and stealth gameplay much more enjoyable and more diversity. I think a takedown system like in the Far cry games would be a great enrichment for this game.

personally I wish that CDPR would add some more kill animations for the stealth gameplay. It bothers me that regardless which weapon you use, V will always choke the enemy or will break his neck. Why should you do this when you have a katana, or a gun??? I wish they would add more animations that would make use of the weapon that you hold in your hand. Stab the enemy from behind, grab him and shoot him in his back, ram his head into the floor with your gorilla-arms or stab your mantis blade in his head. I think more kill animations would sneaking and stealth gameplay much more enjoyable and more diversity. I think a takedown system like in the Far cry games would be a great enrichment for this game.

Agreed. I don't think it's asking too much. Far Cry wasn't really very diverse there, but they gave you a couple, if I remember right.

If you are equipped with a knife in your hand, there's no reason for a choke hold. And if you are good with your knife, you could take down a stronger opponent silently. You notice when you are lower level, you can't really silently take down Animal gangers? Because they are stronger and they break free from you.

Im not an expert fighter or anything, but I would assume in theory a 100 lb female would take down a 300 lb Animal ganger if she sneaks up on him and she is good with her knife.

I remember seeing an early trailer where V took someone down silently with a monowire. I wasn't able to do that in my first play through when I went monowire. The monowire was kind of boring. It feels like that wire could have several uses. But so far all you can really do is fling it at people in a whipping motion.

Also the game gives you a lot of horrific scenes that makes you really dislike some of the people in the game. Like Scavengers, harvesting people's organs. But then all we can do is choke hold them, or shoot them. Let me sneak up behind a few of them and strangle them with a monowire. They are jerks anyway and they probably deserve it. Or let me just kick them off the side of a ledge so fall.

It's only fair, right? I fell to my death quite a few times in the game so far. lol.

Im sure other games hit on that point quite a bit. Fallout 4 had a lot of different animations, but they are hard to create. It seemed to work randomly, but usually not when I tried to make it happen. lol

Would love to see what creative kill animations V could do with a knife better yet with your bare hands, which reminds me of...

I would also appreciate it, if V would use an bullet-reflecting animation when a special cyberware is used, or in general when some enemy is using a blade V should make use of an blocking animation when a katana or mantis blades are used. It bothers me really that in the wicher 3 Gerald could deflect arrows and block with an animation when he was attacked, and V only take less damage while blocking bullets or blades. It takes so much immersion from me because it looked simply not realistic and too stiff. If CDPR would make more use of some simple animations, it would instantly become more realistic in an immersive way.

Stealth backstabbing with a katana or bashing the enemy's head from behind with a bat would be neat, I agree wholeheartedly, being a huge stealth melee fan

Top Bottom