Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

+

Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

• Yes (because)

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • No (because)

Votes: 365 83.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 39 9.0%

• Total voters
The six months with Jackie should have been most of the game (and also containing most of the free roam), and the Heist should have been the point of no return (with only the biggest side jobs open after this part, such as romances and the ones that could change the ending).
A DLC would be superb. Sure, the character would not progress much, but what if it was actually a trailer ?

No, of course not, I liked the game. I didn't want it to end so quickly.

Their excuse was that "most" people never finished TW3. Ummm, I don't know about that. I was able to finish it, it wasn't that long. And I ended up with the worst ending. LOL

You take a week away from work and just play TW3 you can easily get through it.

I really wanted CP77 to be longer.

I mean, is it against the rules to think that it being shorter for story driven reasons is just marketing covering up for the fact it wasn't going to be finished on time?

That's a reasonable assumption. One thing I've learned in life is that most assumptions are wrong, so keep that in mind. But, in this case I have a hard time seeing it any other way. I've been hearing that they are still cutting bits and pieces out as they continue trying to finish it while it's in production -- lol.

There's quite a few things happening with the gaming industry that worries me. Not just CDPR, but the industry in general. I don't want to see the industry strangle itself. Next thing you know there's all of these lame rules everyone has to follow, and all we get are games that are like watching The Brady Bunch. I hope I am just being paranoid. It sounds like Activision and EA are leading the decline. Gaming grim reapers.

As the title says. CDPR stated that CP77 will be shorter because lot of players didnt finished Witcher3 and complained it was too long, so I am asking about the public opinion, because I think that CP77 is way too short and I absolutely dont like it.

Edit:

Reason for this Is that I like huge games with ton and hundrets of hours of content, not necesarilly for the sake of spending hundrets of hours in the game on one run but for its great replayability, for exapmle I have finished Witcher3 three times and in each playthrough I have encountered new quests i have never done before etc. Same for Odyssey for exapmle or Skyrim.

But in CP77 i have finished all the big side quests in one playthrough and besides of some gigs I havent done there Is not much that Will go differently or not much of the new stuff to encounter when I play the game for the second time. And that is really dissapointing.
Yes, in talking about the main quest, because the Witcher 3's main quest felt ridiculously padded and didn't actually make any sense, just as if section after section had been added on without consideration of whether the plot was coherent, so that it just kept lurching forever onwards.

Note that I would include things like Rogue, Kerry and Judy as parts of Cyberpunk's main quest.

In particular, the nature and relevance of both the wild hunt and the White Frost in Witcher 3 (not to mention the nature of their relationship to one another) bordered on the completely incomprehensible by the end, which was pretty strange given the game's title.

Yes, in talking about the main quest, because the Witcher 3's main quest felt ridiculously padded and didn't actually make any sense, just as if section after section had been added on without consideration of whether the plot was coherent.

In particular, the nature and relevance of both the wild hunt and the White Frost (not to mention the nature of their relationship to one another) bordered on the completely incomprehensible, which was pretty strange given the game's title.

To be fair, part of that is due to the fact the White Frost is utterly unlike what it was in the books.

Who the hell wants to play a short RPG? I mean I don’t remember how long the Witcher’s main story was, but Cyberpunks story just felt rushed.

I'm going to flat out state that it was a year from being completed, not just features, and the game probably had a lot more missions initially planned.

But they cut these early to try to fit their deadline that they still were far from.

This is the opposite of Mankind Divided where there was an hour of completed game content actually CUT OUT OF THE GAME to make DLC despite it being plot critical.

Who the hell wants to play a short RPG? I mean I don’t remember how long the Witcher’s main story was, but Cyberpunks story just felt rushed.

My opinion, the reason why the Witcher 3 felt long to some people was because it felt like the ending should have been at the battle of Kaer Morhen. Then the game just kept going. Which is fine in my mind, the Kaer Morhen fight was probably the climax, but there were still a few people to deal with. Some of the Witchers best cinematics were during that fight. And the soundtrack is excellent.

TW3 is about 40-60 hours if you focus on the main stuff. 100 hours completionist on average, I think. You can play through most of the game without worrying too much about oils and potions. Also some of the quests where you have to use your Witcher senses might hang you up a bit because you may not always know what you need to do next. lol

CP77 was definitely a lot shorter. CP77 map is beautiful, very graphic, lots of cool stuff to look at. But most of the map felt unused. Most all of the doors are locked and you cant explore very much.

Well I think the poll is very telling so far, the majority think "No" and I agree.

The game was very underwhelming for a 2020 game, released by the same company who made TW3 .. :giveup:

The Cyberpunk setting, and Night City are teaming with potential, yet it just hasn't really been grasped due to lack of content and lack of things to do outside of quests.

I've played though TW3 multiple times, I've finished CP77 once. Tried another playthrough and realised there was little difference since the life paths were pretty irrelevant, and most of the quest and gigs are all the same. Sure the romance stuff is different, but still felt "meh".

I think CDPR is/was onto a winner when it came to the Cyberpunk setting, but it just didn't pan out. Hopefully patch 1.3 might breathe some life into the game again :)

The Witcher 3 was a 100 hours. Cyberpunk 2077 is about 30 hours.

1/3rd of the game is not a proper course correct on even the best of terms.

1/3rd of the game is not a proper course correct on even the best of terms.
I've not timed either, and I've not researched actual length so I will take your word for it. That said, this is a huge over-correction. Going from 1 extreme to the other, and that is never good. The ideal spot, if it had to be shortened, would have been 75 hours for CP 2077. You don't want to cut it too short because the fans that were fine with the length of TW3. And you do want to shorten it some for those who felt TW3 was too long.

I feel that even half the length of TW3 (50 hours) would have been too much of a cut for those fine with TW3 length, so 75 feels like a good medium.

I've not timed either, and I've not researched actual length so I will take your word for it. That said, this is a huge over-correction. Going from 1 extreme to the other, and that is never good. The ideal spot, if it had to be shortened, would have been 75 hours for CP 2077. You don't want to cut it too short because the fans that were fine with the length of TW3. And you do want to shorten it some for those who felt TW3 was too long.

I feel that even half the length of TW3 (50 hours) would have been too much of a cut for those fine with TW3 length, so 75 feels like a good medium.

Red Dead Redemption 2 takes longer to complete than the Witcher, especially for completionists, because of fast travel being so limited. The repetitive traveling wore me out at times, but otherwise I really enjoyed the game. I was able to finish that one also. I didn't finish it at 100% but I did quite a bit. I even did the epilogues where I had to put up with that annoying Sadie lady.

So, I don't know. According to steam only 21% of players finished TW3. But if you check the averages, apparently most games it's only like 10% in general, that's just from what I read. So already if that's true TW3 is doing very well. lol

No, i finished Witcher 3 at least 5 times and it was never boring to me, apart from those ? in sea around Skellige on my first playthrough, so i stoped collecting them in my subsequent ones.

Completed Cyberpunk 2077 under 90 hours, on very hard (all gigs, side missions, NCPD scanner locations, every ending), it would be even faster (maybe 50-60 hours), but i had to replay almost half of the game to unlock secret ending, due to chosing wrong dialogue options while talking to Johnny.
It's a good game, but toooooooooooo short, and disappointing endings killed all my will for future playthroughs (believe me i tried).

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

That sounds like a huge exaggeration...
My 100% playthrough of TW3 base game lasted for 106 hours. That includes not skipping any dialogue, clearing all of the question marks and completing every little sidequest in the game (even those that are really difficult to find).
I think pursuing only the main quest should take you something between 25 and 30 hours. It's longer, but not 3 times longer, that's a silly thing to say.
Plus, do you remember the Novigrad section, that people on this forum used to call Novi-drag:
Find Triss - nope, she doesn't know where Ciri is, go find Dandelion, but you'll have to find Corinne Tilly first, now find Zoltan, find Priscilla, find Dijkstra, find Roche, find Radovid, find Whoreson Junior, find Dudu, free Dandelion, at last... That's what, 7-8 hours, of which only 1 or 2 are interesting?

That sounds like a huge exaggeration...
My 100% playthrough of TW3 base game lasted for 106 hours. That includes not skipping any dialogue, clearing all of the question marks and completing every little sidequest in the game (even those that are really difficult to find).
I think pursuing only the main quest should take you something between 25 and 30 hours. It's longer, but not 3 times longer, that's a silly thing to say.
Plus, do you remember the Novigrad section, that people on this forum used to call Novi-drag:
Find Triss - nope, she doesn't know where Ciri is, go find Dandelion, but you'll have to find Corinne Tilly first, now find Zoltan, find Priscilla, find Dijkstra, find Roche, find Radovid, find Whoreson Junior, find Dudu, free Dandelion, at last... That's what, 7-8 hours, of which only 1 or 2 are interesting?

You are correct.

106 Hours to play everything in Witcher 3 according to research. The main quest is 70 hours.

It is 65 hours to do EVERYTHING in Cyberpunk 2077. The main quest is 30 hours.

So I was wrong by half.

Guest 3847602

The main quest is 70 hours.
I just checked the save files from my most recent playthrough. Final save, just before entering the White Orchard Inn to meet Ciri - 41 hours, 20 minutes.
Even there, I did Yennefer's, Triss', Keira's, Letho's, Zoltan's, Dandelion's, Roche's, Hjalmar's, Cerys' and Blueboy Lugos' sidequests. As well as "Master Armorers", Of Swords and Dumplings" and "Practicum in Advanced Alchemy".

Certainly not me, that's for sure :)
But if I look the "achievements" on Xbox :
For TW3, 14.81% of players have finish the game in any difficulty (survivor of the ordeal).
For Cyberpunk, 26.21% of players have finish the main story (The world).

that's seem very weird and I don't know "why", but that's a fact. I could say that almost double the players have finished Cyberpunk (despite all the problems since it released on console) :(

If I remember correctly, for me for TW3, my last playthrough take me about 150 hours with the two DLCs and taking my time like always :)

Last edited:
Certainly not me, that's for sure :)
But if I look the "achievements" for TW3 on Xbox, only 14.81% of players have finish the game in any difficulty (survivor of the ordeal).
that's seem very weird and I don't know "why", but that's a fact.

Not really. The majority of people don't finish the games they buy.

Top Bottom