Got an epiphany

+
I've completed my 5'th recorded play-through, and I did everything to lose/disassociate from pretty much everyone of importance to see what ending I got. I managed to drive Panam away, and the last message from her was to tell me to "f*ck off!" after I told Saul about her plan. River Ward was found dead, Kerry was so-so, not romanced. Judy muses about leaving Night City, Jefferson Peralez is paranoid as hell. Anything a selfish Streetkid would be like, that was how I played the game.

Now, the epiphany came to me, when you remove everyting, the things you're left with might be the 'canon ending'. The 'failsafe' so to speak.

What happened, unsuprisingly, there was no Aldecaldos-ending, but I didn't expect the loss of the Night City legend-ending or the Temperance-ending. So, I was left with two choices at the end, the Arasaka-ending and suicide. The logical conclusion is that though it isn't a 'happy' ending, it might be the most opportune ending to get back into a body without Johnny fricking Silverhand yapping in V's mind.

Another point is that it would be the easiest way to continue V's story, on par with joining Alt Cunningham. The other endings seems to invariably end with V's permanent death.

Normally I never alienate other characters in a game, as seen from my previous game-plays, all ends up with all options on the table. Just like how I played Knights of the Old Republic, there I went both paths to see the different endings (while the Light side is my 'canon' ending). In Fallout 4, if you alienate all factions, you always have the Minutemen as a failsafe.

So, I wonder, is the failsafe-choices the canon ending in many games??

I've completed my 5'th recorded play-through, and I did everything to lose/disassociate from pretty much everyone of importance to see what ending I got. I managed to drive Panam away, and the last message from her was to tell me to "f*ck off!" after I told Saul about her plan. River Ward was found dead, Kerry was so-so, not romanced. Judy muses about leaving Night City, Jefferson Peralez is paranoid as hell. Anything a selfish Streetkid would be like, that was how I played the game.

Now, the epiphany came to me, when you remove everyting, the things you're left with might be the 'canon ending'. The 'failsafe' so to speak.

What happened, unsuprisingly, there was no Aldecaldos-ending, but I didn't expect the loss of the Night City legend-ending or the Temperance-ending. So, I was left with two choices at the end, the Arasaka-ending and suicide. The logical conclusion is that though it isn't a 'happy' ending, it might be the most opportune ending to get back into a body without Johnny fricking Silverhand yapping in V's mind.

Another point is that it would be the easiest way to continue V's story, on par with joining Alt Cunningham. The other endings seems to invariably end with V's permanent death.

Normally I never alienate other characters in a game, as seen from my previous game-plays, all ends up with all options on the table. Just like how I played Knights of the Old Republic, there I went both paths to see the different endings (while the Light side is my 'canon' ending). In Fallout 4, if you alienate all factions, you always have the Minutemen as a failsafe.

So, I wonder, is the failsafe-choices the canon ending in many games??

nah failsafe is not usually the cannon ending. The failsafe is sometimes the bad ending, and sometimes just an ending. But usually the cannon ending is the one that fits the story as the writers envisioned it.

In this case, they had multiple visions, so I'm not sure there will be one cannon.

I think the canon ending is apparent death of V. Need i remind you that he was apparently dead already once? With a bullet to head none the less. Maybe V needs to die again to stop the relic? Don't you think MilTec would have relic-like military use technologies?

I think the canon ending is apparent death of V. Need i remind you that he was apparently dead already once? With a bullet to head none the less. Maybe V needs to die again to stop the relic? Don't you think MilTec would have relic-like military use technologies?
Twice (it depend of your choice), V can also die by the VDB's malware in the GIM :)
(and maybe one more time during "I Fought the Law")
And if you consider been "Soulkilled" as a death, yep V is mostly "Dead" except in Devil Ending.

Anyway I agree with Ayinde_Palmer, I don't see any ending as "canon".

I've completed my 5'th recorded play-through
Link ? Because I would never do it, but I would like to see it, for sure :)

Edit:
I managed to drive Panam away, and the last message from her was to tell me to "f*ck off!" after I told Saul about her plan. River Ward was found dead, Kerry was so-so, not romanced. Judy muses about leaving Night City, Jefferson Peralez is paranoid as hell. Anything a selfish Streetkid would be like, that was how I played the game.
What happened to Goro and Oda ? Still alive ?

Last edited:
Twice (it depend of your choice), V can also die by the VDB's malware in the GIM :)
(and maybe one more time during "I Fought the Law")
And if you consider been "Soulkilled" as a death, yep V is mostly "Dead" except in Devil Ending.

Anyway I agree with Ayinde_Palmer, I don't see any ending as "canon".

Link ? Because I would never do it, but I would like to see it, for sure :)

Edit:

What happened to Goro and Oda ? Still alive ?

Here's the play-list (62 videos):
Post automatically merged:

nah failsafe is not usually the cannon ending. The failsafe is sometimes the bad ending, and sometimes just an ending. But usually the cannon ending is the one that fits the story as the writers envisioned it.

In this case, they had multiple visions, so I'm not sure there will be one cannon.
Yeah, you're right.

I am amused by the amount of love Militech gets when they're the Team Rocket of MegaCorps.

They literally design all the shitty tech and military hardware that Arasaka does better.

World's Second Best PMC and Arms Dealer.

Always chasing Saburo.

Last edited:

R001c

Forum regular
Or... they could go the mass Effect route and your playthru of the next CP2077 will be just that bit poorer because you don't run into old friends, find out what happened to them, what they've been upto and, sometimes, work with them again. Or they could.......Or they etc. etc. etc.

Personally, I'm a bit fed up with all the crystal ball stuff. I want CDPR to have the freedom to create rather than be bogged down by expectation. Then there is the passion, which I feel too and is great but does not turn an opinion into an epiphany.

Arasaka ending isn't a bad ending. I'm a hardcore Arasaka loyalist :p I'm just hoping the expansion if it happens lets you become the new Adam Smasher or take the role as an elite Arasaka commander leading a squad to take out opposition.

I guess there is the question of what happens to Arasaka, depending on your ending, that could affect the story in a future game. But otherwise, V has a relatively small impact on the world, so a canon ending doesn't seem that important for the franchise. So maybe there isn't one :shrug:

Top Bottom