RPG & unjustified expectations?

+
Completely offtopic, but is there limb damage in this game?
Anyway I think the main problem is the headshots being so much more powerful and if they removed them a lot of our late game power will go (not all - and it shouldn't). But 'better gunplay' was very popular demand so I assume a lot of the playerbase won't like that....maybe if they can make it a toggle or part of difficulty....

Completely offtopic, but is there limb damage in this game?
Yep there is. Even mods for that.
And also on V, you could die easily by take a sniper bullet in your head when you're in cover and looking overhead.

InventoryPreview_Mod_Pulverize.png
PulverizeUncommon
  • Increases damage to limbs by 5%.

Too bad there was little to no point or opportunity to target limbs.

If an enemy was unaware of you, sniping the head was the way to go.
If he was aware, he was either behind cover (-> shoot the head when he takes a peek = pop-a-mole), or rushing at you (-> aim at upper centermass while backpedaling hoping for a couple of headshots along the way, because aiming for legs or arms would just be stupid at that point).

Too bad there was little to no point or opportunity to target limbs.

If an enemy was unaware of you, sniping the head was the way to go.
If he was aware, he was either behind cover (-> shoot the head when he takes a peek = pop-a-mole), or rushing at you (-> aim at upper centermass while backpedaling hoping for a couple of headshots along the way, because aiming for legs or arms would just be stupid at that point).
It also depend of the type of weapon that you use... With "Problem Solver", "Fenrir", Omaha (Lizzie) or a simple Lexington, you simply aim the lower part of them, and you hit the leg for sure. With an Overture or Overwatch, that's not as easy :)

Guest 4529090

But they did so so. They said that there will be no wall climbing with mantis blades, like they hoped there will be. They said no multiple apartments, unfortunately. I am not sure about the modifiable cars. No nudity? I take it you didn't romance anyone or spend any time in the character creator. Or you had the toggle on to disable it....and then complain.....

They said there'd be nudity available in game , there's only some plot friendly one during the first quest and some censored one during one romance sex scene you get per playthrough....as well as during character creator . Wanna take off V's clothes a sec to sleep or have a shower ? You can't , they'll be in underwear . You know what I meant with what I said .

....I suppose you can finish the main quest in 20 hours. But what were these big promises that I must have missed?
I listed them all ? Re-read my post if you need to .

The AI is a problem yes, but hacking? As interesting as being able to 'lock' a door...what exactly do you mean with the rest? Because hacking is definitely in the game.
I did say it is in the game and that it is a good skill tree . I also said it is , however , very limited to what you can and can not hack . You can't hack into a vehicle to take remote control of it for example nor can you take control of enemy drones or robots to enable some sort of fun alternative way to fight for a hacker character , you can not lock or open obviously non mechanical doors and so on and so forth...just think of all the creative possibilities they could have gone with as far as it concerns hacking...what we got is okay...but could have been better .

....that is....honestly I think people tend to forget that 95% of the RPG games are like that. It will be great if your every choice changed the world a lot, but that will be few years (decades probably) before that happens. THey will need powerful AI for that.
I am not sure about that and it doesn't have to be major game-breaking changes every single time to begin with , just something that might or might not change the landscape , the way npcs talk about the player , your reputation towards some factions , that might shift the power balance in favor of someone else , ecc .
Fallout 3's world changes depending if you decide to make the city of Megaton detonate or not for example , New Vegas' world and ending changes in a lot of possible ways depending on your actions concerning each faction ( did you help the brotherhood of steel or did you help the NCR exterminate them ? Did you work for Mr House or did you decide to betray him ? Ecc.. ) . The same goes about TES games in Morrowind ( with the great houses ) or Skyrim ( when you help the empire or the stormcloaks against one another for example ) .
....not the first game to do that, unfortunately, but yes, I wouldn't say no to more clothes. Although you make it sound like we have very limited choice - which is untrue.
...true. But then again this is an RPG and such things are not something new.

The choice we have isn't too limited but there's no way to look decent unless you feel like sacrificing armor ; also , yes...RPG clothing doesn't always make sense .
What is the stealth cyberware you are talking about? Otherwise yes there could be more, but again, you are making it seems like there are barely any....which is 'why'? There are about 3(+-1/2) per category (if not subcategory now that I think of it. Then there are the legendaries, which I think don't share the models? Anyway maybe they could add a way for us to repaint them (we already have ability to mod them) and this will fix the problem. Then again if you rush the game (to get that 20 hours mark for the main quest), I don't see how these are small numbers for you? Becomes a problem if you disregard the main quest and do side quests, as then it becomes very long game.
If you visit the aldecaldos ripperdoc and ask him about cyberware he will suggest you some cloaking specific cyberware such as "holoskin" and "active camouflage" but these pieces of cyberware are not actually in the game .

Also...there is barely any cyberware for a game which should make of it its forte , yes ; there's very few options per body part and their direct upgrades , maybe a side-grade . It would be nice to see how creative they could be with new types of cyberware by adding stuff such as those stealth related cyberware pieces as well as more fun options for the other body parts ( cyber-arms with a hidden shotgun hidden within them ? Optics that highlight enemy weak spots for increased damage if you aim at those parts or which simply provide night / heat vision ? ) , again , their imagination is the limit .

....something I find curious - you don't think you have enough options, but then complain when you have the option to not care about Smasher? Why?
I like to have the option and that's not what I am complaining about...but considering he is the last boss you face in the game , that he is a major character in Cyberpunk's lore as a franchise , that he is meant to be something "special" .....he is simply not written well , there is no build-up that leads to the fight against him , you don't come to hate him or despise him as a villain , you don't even understand or know him....you just know he killed Johnny years before and you find him once during the Konpeki quest as he's Yorinobu's personal guard . You enter the room , the fight starts , you win , can finish him off or spare him ( which is fine )....but you don't get to know anything about him at all from the story . Hell , why are you even facing him ?

Please elaborate how this is Johny's story and not about merc being dumb (or his buddy being and dragging them along), and dealing with the consequences of that.

The Relic is the "macguffin" of the story , the item around which the whole plot moves and which moves the events forward ; ever since you find the chip and thus Johnny it all becomes about V's impending death , about Johnny's past and about being quick to remove the Relic ( even though there's no actual gameplay timer but V will sometimes still experience blurry vision , risk to puke and whatnot ) . No matter what you choose ( unless you go down the suicide route ) Johnny would survive and V would not . It doesn't matter for now and will only come into play later . Point is...it all becomes about Johnny getting one more chance to fix his past and himself ; he is a dickhead at first , cause he is....but through V he will become able to fix his mistakes with Rogue , with Al , with his old friend Kelly who still didn't manage to move forward since Johnny's death , with the Samurai as a whole and ultimately...come to terms with himself and mature when he finds himself in front of his own grave . In the end Johnny gets his second chance or feels like he can pass on with no regrets.....V's fate instead is set in stone no matter what .
V's life stops the moment Johnny enters their head , they won't really evolve anymore , won't fix the city's problems or its people's ( Panam will go with Aldecaldos anyway and feel awful when V dies , Judy will feel devastated and move out of the city...Rivers won't know what happened and V's death would only create Kelly more issues , the Peralez' never had a chance to begin with ) , won't fix their own's nor be able to achieve their own dreams unless they only care about "going down as a legend" and be remembered by having an Afterlife's drink get named after them .
Post automatically merged:

problem is, they didnt wink and nudge, all the things you mention they literally came out and said wouldn't be the case. They showed footage of the gameplay. People ignored information which didnt align with their expectations

https://www.vgr.com/three-cyberpunk-2077-life-paths-available-game/

they in fact presented the contents of the game, and what type of game it was. People can rightfully complain about bugs, or low performance in last Gen, but game content, systems, and what they game us about and what to expect, the said over and over again, and they tried to manage expectations of things they never said but people assumed, and things that changed.
They did wink and nudge . Look at Fudgemuppet's video , the one OP linked at the start of this thread , you'll discover their advertisements were all very misleading . They did cut some content towards the end , those cuts were indeed announced....but many more were not .

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what you choose ( unless you go down the suicide route ) Johnny would survive and V would not
I find that quite interesting :)
If you consider that Johnny survive anyway, that could say if V goes with Alt behind the Black Wall, V will possibly "survive" ?
Johnny "survives" on engram state about 50 years, so V could also "survive" in this state. And maybe V could also find a "body" later.

I find that quite interesting :)
If you consider that Johnny survive anyway, that could say if V goes with Alt behind the Black Wall, V will possibly "survive" ?
Johnny "survives" on engram state about 50 years, so V could also "survive" in this state. And maybe V could also find a "body" later.

Given Delamain is a character from beyond the Black Wall, you could actually just have V run a cab service in Night city in that ending.

:)

They said there'd be nudity available in game , there's only some plot friendly one during the first quest and some censored one during one romance sex scene you get per playthrough....as well as during character creator . Wanna take off V's clothes a sec to sleep or have a shower ? You can't , they'll be in underwear . You know what I meant with what I said .

I did say it is in the game and that it is a good skill tree . I also said it is , however , very limited to what you can and can not hack . You can't hack into a vehicle to take remote control of it for example nor can you take control of enemy drones or robots to enable some sort of fun alternative way to fight for a hacker character , you can not lock or open obviously non mechanical doors and so on and so forth...just think of all the creative possibilities they could have gone with as far as it concerns hacking...what we got is okay...but could have been better .

I am not sure about that and it doesn't have to be major game-breaking changes every single time to begin with , just something that might or might not change the landscape , the way npcs talk about the player , your reputation towards some factions , that might shift the power balance in favor of someone else , ecc .
Fallout 3's world changes depending if you decide to make the city of Megaton detonate or not for example , New Vegas' world and ending changes in a lot of possible ways depending on your actions concerning each faction ( did you help the brotherhood of steel or did you help the NCR exterminate them ? Did you work for Mr House or did you decide to betray him ? Ecc.. ) . The same goes about TES games in Morrowind ( with the great houses ) or Skyrim ( when you help the empire or the stormcloaks against one another for example ) .

The choice we have isn't too limited but there's no way to look decent unless you feel like sacrificing armor ; also , yes...RPG clothing doesn't always make sense .

If you visit the aldecaldos ripperdoc and ask him about cyberware he will suggest you some cloaking specific cyberware such as "holoskin" and "active camouflage" but these pieces of cyberware are not actually in the game .

Also...there is barely any cyberware for a game which should make of it its forte , yes ; there's very few options per body part and their direct upgrades , maybe a side-grade . It would be nice to see how creative they could be with new types of cyberware by adding stuff such as those stealth related cyberware pieces as well as more fun options for the other body parts ( cyber-arms with a hidden shotgun hidden within them ? Optics that highlight enemy weak spots for increased damage if you aim at those parts or which simply provide night / heat vision ? ) , again , their imagination is the limit .

I like to have the option and that's not what I am complaining about...but considering he is the last boss you face in the game , that he is a major character in Cyberpunk's lore as a franchise , that he is meant to be something "special" .....he is simply not written well , there is no build-up that leads to the fight against him , you don't come to hate him or despise him as a villain , you don't even understand or know him....you just know he killed Johnny years before and you find him once during the Konpeki quest as he's Yorinobu's personal guard . You enter the room , the fight starts , you win , can finish him off or spare him ( which is fine )....but you don't get to know anything about him at all from the story . Hell , why are you even facing him ?

The Relic is the "macguffin" of the story , the item around which the whole plot moves and which moves the events forward ; ever since you find the chip and thus Johnny it all becomes about V's impending death , about Johnny's past and about being quick to remove the Relic ( even though there's no actual gameplay timer but V will sometimes still experience blurry vision , risk to puke and whatnot ) . No matter what you choose ( unless you go down the suicide route ) Johnny would survive and V would not . It doesn't matter for now and will only come into play later . Point is...it all becomes about Johnny getting one more chance to fix his past and himself ; he is a dickhead at first , cause he is....but through V he will become able to fix his mistakes with Rogue , with Al , with his old friend Kelly who still didn't manage to move forward since Johnny's death , with the Samurai as a whole and ultimately...come to terms with himself and mature when he finds himself in front of his own grave . In the end Johnny gets his second chance or feels like he can pass on with no regrets.....V's fate instead is set in stone no matter what .
V's life stops the moment Johnny enters their head , they won't really evolve anymore , won't fix the city's problems or its people's ( Panam will go with Aldecaldos anyway and feel awful when V dies , Judy will feel devastated and move out of the city...Rivers won't know what happened and V's death would only create Kelly more issues , the Peralez' never had a chance to begin with ) , won't fix their own's nor be able to achieve their own dreams unless they only care about "going down as a legend" and be remembered by having an Afterlife's drink get named after them .

They did wink and nudge . Look at Fudgemuppet's video , the one OP linked at the start of this thread , you'll discover their advertisements were all very misleading . They did cut some content towards the end , those cuts were indeed announced....but many more were not .
videos are just peoples opinions. Modified by trying to create an interesting video that will garner attention.

I ve listened to like 15 minutes of this video, and their complaints are wrong, or make no sense. They say certain things don't exist, then when they clearly know they do. Like being V can be super selfish. and side with the bad guys, v can live the rock star life and have a mansion. You can hack machines to kill body builders, and you can, through the laptop, make the robot beat the animal guys ass. They say your Pacifica decisions don't matter, than explain how it creates a different experience.

basically, they are doing exactly what I said, which us extrapolating big things from very little input, based on what they think they must mean, even though at no point does the game actually say the things they extrapolate.

they also don't understand the concept of RP outside of choose your own adventure. RP isn't just about dialog options creating a different road to travel. RP is about deciding who your character is, how they react, what they want. They also don't realize what you choose not to do is one of the biggest RP decisions you can make. They never choose the path they think leads to 'less content' so they don't see a lot of the choices that mattered.

If you wanted/expected more nudity - fair enough. But to say 'there is no nudity' is just wrong, isn't it?
...and you have the toggle for no nudity turned on if you get V in underwear if you unclothe them:)
yes, and they are wrong....
That is....not a terrible idea (although you can already do much with turrents/cameras) and I especially like the ability to lock doors (although I understand why it is not in game), what you are asking with unlocking the unlockable doors is simply wishful thinking. There is no content/no assets behind the door. Do you want to be able to unlock them only to meet a black hole?
...and if you choose to ignore (you are given the options to either walk away or say that you don't want to talk) Silverhand, you miss on a few (2 I think, but not sure) endings
...maybe a dye system (and one for guns too) will fix that. I have noticed from MMOs that when you have the same color on items, this tends to fix that problem.
So? I barely know anything about Dumdum or Royce, but they get in my way. So I remove them. Why should Smasher be anything more?
Let me quote something I said to the same argument:...why? If the last obstacle to Mikoshi was a wall/door you smash/explode....do you need to go 'ah finally Wall we meet at last! Now I will have my revenge! Have at thee!'?:) As funny as that would be, my original question stands - why?

....V's fate is one big mystery. The only 'death' V has is if you CHOOSE one of the endings (though even that is left to our imagination).
And again, why is that Silverhand's story?

For me, the pov pretty much set whose story it is. For example: a demon possesses me. I go on a journey to find how to unpossess myself. that is not the demon's story. It is my story. On the other hand, if I was a demon and suddenly found myself possessing someone - then it will be the demon's story.

Last edited:

Guest 4529090

If you wanted/expected more nudity - fair enough. But to say 'there is no nudity' is just wrong, isn't it?
...and you have the toggle for no nudity turned on if you get V in underwear if you unclothe them:)
It's still not quite what they promised and you know that much [...] .

yes, and they are wrong....
lmao , no , they are not .

That is....not a terrible idea (although you can already do much with turrents/cameras) and I especially like the ability to lock doors (although I understand why it is not in game), what you are asking with unlocking the unlockable doors is simply wishful thinking. There is no content/no assets behind the door. Do you want to be able to unlock them only to meet a black hole?
Can just limit it to the tech doors you can normally open / close while in the game , doesn't have to be the inaccessible ones...just to create a way for V not to be shot at by multiple sides or to get the player some way to breathe and heal up .

So? I barely know anything about Dumdum or Royce, but they get in my way. So I remove them. Why should Smasher be anything more?
Let me quote something I said to the same argument:...why? If the last obstacle to Mikoshi was a wall/door you smash/explode....do you need to go 'ah finally Wall we meet at last! Now I will have my revenge! Have at thee!'?:) As funny as that would be, my original question stands - why?
Cause it's pretty anticlimatic to have a final boss you just don't give half a shite about ? Doesn't have to be revenge , even...just build a better villain, seriously .

videos are just peoples opinions. Modified by trying to create an interesting video that will garner attention.

I ve listened to like 15 minutes of this video, and their complaints are wrong, or make no sense. They say certain things don't exist, then when they clearly know they do. Like being V can be super selfish. and side with the bad guys, v can live the rock star life and have a mansion. You can hack machines to kill body builders, and you can, through the laptop, make the robot beat the animal guys ass. They say your Pacifica decisions don't matter, than explain how it creates a different experience.

basically, they are doing exactly what I said, which us extrapolating big things from very little input, based on what they think they must mean, even though at no point does the game actually say the things they extrapolate.

they also don't understand the concept of RP outside of choose your own adventure. RP isn't just about dialog options creating a different road to travel. RP is about deciding who your character is, how they react, what they want. They also don't realize what you choose not to do is one of the biggest RP decisions you can make. They never choose the path they think leads to 'less content' so they don't see a lot of the choices that mattered.
Idk dude , I think they made some fair points but as you said it's just their point of view and if you disagree with it then there's not much to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder to keep conversations respectful and constructive. If you are going to post, be sure to post something of value to the argument. If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, simply don't post.

And do remember, at all times, that people's opinions are not "right" or "wrong". No one's opinion is superior to anyone else's. And all opinions are going to be respected -- especially if you happen to strongly disagree. If you're not 100% positive you can adhere to this, simply read or go find a discussion more to your liking.

I love the game, and maybe I'll be mocked for saying this but for me this has the potential to be the best game ever.... However.... There are so many RPG based issues. The crafting now that you can buy components cheaply makes the difficulty a joke, many seemingly completey different responses in conversations will result in the exact same answer.
They lack of any Minigames is frankly bizarre, but more importantly than anything IMO there are very few surprises... You walk down the beautiful streets and you'll see some gang battle but there will be no random encounters (a few small exceptions aside) that make the visually exceptional world seem like a real world.

I love the game, and maybe I'll be mocked for saying this but for me this has the potential to be the best game ever.... However.... There are so many RPG based issues. The crafting now that you can buy components cheaply makes the difficulty a joke, many seemingly completey different responses in conversations will result in the exact same answer.
They lack of any Minigames is frankly bizarre, but more importantly than anything IMO there are very few surprises... You walk down the beautiful streets and you'll see some gang battle but there will be no random encounters (a few small exceptions aside) that make the visually exceptional world seem like a real world.

random encounters might be entertaining, but they aren't that realistic. in a big city people are generally following their own personal script and very rarely do things like random encounters happen.

What is some type of random encounter you would expect to happen in a real world big city?

That said, its not a real world, its videogame, and I see why unexpected things happening might be more entertaining to you, but generally the price to be paid is a less logical/consistent gameworld, and it requires a different type of developer skill set/engine.

this may change as technology increases.

I would rather have random encounters between npcs. like browsing stores and so on. Mah immersion!!

they got npcs that are sometimes scheduled to appear browsing in stores. I spent a lot of time shop surfing before I went nodding, so I saw that some places got npc that appear and converse at certain times and not at others. Couples browsing the nomad stand, etc

they got npcs that are sometimes scheduled to appear browsing in stores. I spent a lot of time shop surfing before I went nodding, so I saw that some places got npc that appear and converse at certain times and not at others. Couples browsing the nomad stand, etc
Have never seen that tbh, gonna have too camp out one store now i think. Or is it just conversation?

Have never seen that tbh, gonna have too camp out one store now i think. Or is it just conversation?
the nomad one thats kinda on the edge of town thats a stand has a couple shopping certain times of the day The VDB clothing store sometimes has ladies talking in there about clothes. The downtown gun Shop has corpos talking about hunting poor people certain times of the day.

the nomad one thats kinda on the edge of town thats a stand has a couple shopping certain times of the day The VDB clothing store sometimes has ladies talking in there about clothes. The downtown gun Shop has corpos talking about hunting poor people certain times of the day.
Yea i got em, not really what i was thinking tho.

I don't blame myself for being marketed something that I'd be interested in and getting like a knock-off. Not that CP is, but it feels like that 'getting sold a brand name off a street market just have a second glance at the logo and it's misspelled, quality being wear and tear'

I'm still waiting on improvement to change the argument about it's quality, but the launch is a permanent stain (maybe a good thing for future releases - players being wary, cdpr being inclined to do better)

The game was major overhyped by the fans however even with purposely pulled back expectations I think CDPR wasn't very honest in their representation of what the game would be, both in content that was cut or never made and in the length of the game.

I would go so far to say CDPR was very disingenuous about the whole thing imo.

Top Bottom