[Mod] Pre-Release Loading Screens

+
Not mine -- just sharing:
Pre-Release Loading Screens, by Schroedinger654, replaces several of the in-game loading screens with either early concept art, or pre-release shots, multiple versions.
1626965991502.png

(Mod, example: Kaer Morhen.)

I comment, because the concept art, when used for the loading screens, reminds me, in spirit, of those from the original Witcher.
1626966462441.png

(The Witcher, example: Murky Waters.)

I hope others enjoy this idea as well.

Hi, I'm glad you are enjoying my mod idea! :)

I'm currently rebuilding the mod (next version will have the 'panorma feature' from the vanilla loading screens and add more regions like BaW for example). I really like that W1 concept art and therefore had a quick glimpse into the artbook and I must say that I can almost defintely make a really nice W1 version (hopefully). There are some lovely artworks that could also work really well in W3! ;)

What do you think? Maybe you have some preferences or ideas for certain images already?

Hi, I'm glad you are enjoying my mod idea!
Hello. Nice to see you here! Ay, I like it very much.
I'm currently rebuilding the mod (next version will have the 'panorma feature' from the vanilla loading screens and add more regions like BaW for example).
That's good news. I noticed the panorama roaming caused some issues off the edges of images.
What do you think? Maybe you have some preferences or ideas for certain images already?
Sounds good to me. Perhaps some of the original loading screens might work well?

Velen:
1627228286331.png

Novigrad:
1627228333676.png

1627228895855.png

Kaer Morhen:
1627228620527.png

Wyzima Palace:
1627228741698.png

White Orchard?
1627228936535.png

Those are some amazing screens... well I couldn't resist and made a W1 version already ^^

JFYI I had to do this version in the 'old-style' meaning no panorama effect but static 1080p screens due to the dimensions and resolution of the W1 artwork (otherwise it would have ended up in a very blurry zoomed in screen where half of the artwork would have been lost during cropping). For White Orchard I ended up using the artwork you posted in your first post because it reminded me so much of those various small bridges in this area)

example:
The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2021.07.26 - 00.25.08.95.png

Thanks for your amazing input and enjoy this version! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your amazing input and enjoy this version!
Splendid! You're welcome, and thank you for the mod! I look forward to alternating between this one and the Concept Art version.

Nice choice on the bridge, too: I've always liked that image (not least because it's from my favourite location in the game).

By the way, it takes a bit of hunting to find them all, but my source for the images was the Official Wiki. Check the bottom of the page in each entry for the shots. (I think the resolutions are still the same.)

Splendid! You're welcome, and thank you for the mod! I look forward to alternating between this one and the Concept Art version.

Nice choice on the bridge, too: I've always liked that image (not least because it's from my favourite location in the game).

By the way, it takes a bit of hunting to find them all, but my source for the images was the Official Wiki. Check the bottom of the page in each entry for the shots. (I think the resolutions are still the same.)
Glad you like it! That's a perfect source for the images, thanks! I found them in an Imgur slideshow in good quality but I still had to upscale them to not make them come out blurred in game. ^^

Guest 3766175

I basically miss these beautiful pictures in The Witcher 3.

Top Bottom