New version of the Cyberpunk RPG?

+
New version of the Cyberpunk RPG?

Is there any plans to make a new version of the paper cyberpunk rpg? update it to 2077?

There is indeed. I think it was in one of the videos with Mike Pondsmith in it, but they're planning on a new edition moved to the same year as the computer game, so wit will be CP2077. They're going to release another Chrome Book (making it #5), which we believe will start to update the setting to 2077, as well as giving us some new toys.

As for a release date for the CP2077 PnP game, the plan is to release it at the same time as the computer game.

Yes, as Cycoholic stated, and i can't wait to read them, seeing if it's worth updating to 2077 more than staying on 2020 (i bet 2077 will be better, but we'll see when we get it)

An totaly awesome thing would be a Cyberpunk 2077 collector edition, with Cyberpunk 2077 pnp, or a few cyberpunk dices, maybe colored in green with circuits painted on it, could be cool.
Why not both.

Well, okay, but what would you update that you haven't done yourself or Wisdom hasn't done for you? What are the CP2020 weaknesses? OP skinweave? OP martial arts? ( unless you go with the 2020-is-much-harsher-of-course-everyone-who-learns-karate-learns-to-kill viewpoint) Clumsy drug and addiction/recovery rules?

How much is there to update? Not a lot.

As for the setting, some of that will be updated by Chrome 5 and the rest by 2077. You have to understand, 2077 is going to be canon - they have Mike Pondsmith and R.Tal working on it with them.

In that sense, you're getting the Cyberpunk RPG update fans can only dream of.

Basically what I want are some rules fixes and an updated time line. Certainly I can achieve the first with some house rules, but hey, what better way to have both than in a new core rulebook with amazing new artwork?

Well, okay, but what would you update that you haven't done yourself or Wisdom hasn't done for you? What are the CP2020 weaknesses? OP skinweave? OP martial arts? ( unless you go with the 2020-is-much-harsher-of-course-everyone-who-learns-karate-learns-to-kill viewpoint) Clumsy drug and addiction/recovery rules?

How much is there to update? Not a lot.

As for the setting, some of that will be updated by Chrome 5 and the rest by 2077. You have to understand, 2077 is going to be canon - they have Mike Pondsmith and R.Tal working on it with them.

In that sense, you're getting the Cyberpunk RPG update fans can only dream of.

The main reason I want an updated version of the game is 'Mmmmm, shiny new book...' Not to mention it the fact it would be nice to have a full timeline up to 2077 down on hard copy along with all the background details.

It would be really nice to have a new hard copy. Can't buy Wisdom's rule changes as a book. Also, a new Night City sourcebook would be cool.

Actually you can buy wisdom's IU as a book you just have to have it printed at LuLu.com as a private project. Just have a cool pic for the cover front and another pic for the back. Might be pricey if you go full color but that is a private choice isn't it.

I think if the game does well,w e might see that. As for houserules included, well...a lot of people choose differently. Odds are, you'd be houseruling things in the update.

Of course, the one thing I'D like to see is a fixed version of Netrunning, the first fun, fully-compatible one in any cyberpunk game I've played. But good luck, that's a tough nut to crack.

Actually you can buy wisdom's IU as a book you just have to have it printed at LuLu.com as a private project. Just have a cool pic for the cover front and another pic for the back. Might be pricey if you go full color but that is a private choice isn't it.

Yeah, I'm not all that sure about all the copyright issues though. Also, I'd much rather have a book like the original 2020 sourcebook, with all the excerpts and stories and background and witty shit, as well as the illustrations. Not just boring ass rules.

That's why you do it as a private project no copyright violation as you own a legal copy of the free pdf, and as it is private no one can see or purchase another copy of it from your lulu store front. You are not creating a public purchasable book, I did it for my softcover copy of a game which is a free pdf or a 35.00 dollar hardcover purchase (no softcover version). As I cannot sell it as a private no violation, as I can print a copy for personnel use as stated. Now of course it isn't a book like the origional source but you can make it a nice softcover for yourself if you wanted. Just don't ever sell it.

Yeah... It's still just new rules, nothing else. That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an entire reimagining of the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook, with new illustrations, new (and old) flavor texts and stories, and updated descriptions of everything.

Also, new Night City sourcebook, please. :cool:

Mmm. Yeah, that -would- be nice. The old flavour stuff was great, some updated versions would be very nice.

Well if we have learned from the past, then you might not want to hold your breath for a new edition. Sorry for being the pessimist but 3rd edition was a while in the making.

It would be AWESOME to have an updated version released in conjunction with the CP2077. Even it is a reprinting of the original version that also included some of the nuggets ( rule additions, skills, roles, gear, and tech) from the old supplements and adventures . Other game systems have done something like this in the past where they just reprinted the old rules with additions from other sources then called it a new edition.

Mike said they are going to republish the old books. I believe they have always been orderable from the R Tal website. Reference book 5 has most of the rules gathered into one place.

Well if we have learned from the past, then you might not want to hold your breath for a new edition. Sorry for being the pessimist but 3rd edition was a while in the making.
LALALALA. I CAN'T HEAR YOU. LALALALA. 3RD ED NEVER HAPPENED. LALALALA. BARBIEPUNK NEVER HAPPENED. LALALALA. IT WAS ALL A BAD DREAM. LALALALA.

Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.

Sard! Make the bad man go away!

Mike said they are going to republish the old books. I believe they have always been orderable from the R Tal website. Reference book 5 has most of the rules gathered into one place.

Most of the books have been reprinted now and ate now available from the R. Talsorian online store. They were previously out of stock for quite a while.

LALALALA. I CAN'T HEAR YOU. LALALALA. 3RD ED NEVER HAPPENED. LALALALA. BARBIEPUNK NEVER HAPPENED. LALALALA. IT WAS ALL A BAD DREAM. LALALALA.

Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.

Sard! Make the bad man go away!

LALALALALALALALALAALALAL CAN'T HEAR YOU IN MY HAPPY PLACE LALALALALALAALALALA!

Gunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsprettygunsgunsgunsgunsprettygunsgunsgunsgunsguns!

Top Bottom