CDPR: Xbox One and PS4 Equally powerful, GAF gets butthurt

+
CDPR: Xbox One and PS4 Equally powerful, GAF gets butthurt

The interview: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-19-the-witcher-3-what-is-a-next-gen-rpg

quote:

"I don't see a major power difference. The memory is very different but I already said that before. Pure computation power, if you just measure that, there's no major difference."

Both new consoles are like PCs anyway, he added. It won't be until teams really delve into low-level optimizations that the true grunt of each will come out.

"The Xbox One is pretty easy to understand because not just the hardware is similar to the PC, but everything like the SDK, the API is really similar to what you would find on a PC. On PS4 this is a little bit more complicated, but I personally worked on PS3 before.

12CU vs 18 CU, 1,152 shader cores vs 786, 16 rops vs 32, i guess XO has better/more familiar dev tools.

personally I dont care, im getting an XO since it has better exclusives, but its cool to know.

what are the exclusives?

Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Halo, Quantum Break, Gears, Black Tusk Game, and many more. Im just not into sony first party, dont like killzone, not into God of War buttonmashing at all, Uncharted meh, David Cage is a pretentious prick, TLOU ya one good game in 8 years bravo.

The article itself is worth reading as general background on CDPR, by the way. It gives a further emphasis on a lot of things already discussed here.

As long as you're happy that you have to be on line to be able to save your game, and with 60 minutes to install your game onto the Xbox One (sounding more and more like a PC if you ask me).

sounding more and more like a PC if you ask me

Which is a good thing, if you ask me. At least it'll hopefully make porting a game from one system to another a thing of the past.

Also, if game installations take like 10G+ these days, you can't exactly run them off a disc.

Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Halo, Quantum Break, Gears, Black Tusk Game, and many more. Im just not into sony first party, dont like killzone, not into God of War buttonmashing at all, Uncharted meh, David Cage is a pretentious prick, TLOU ya one good game in 8 years bravo.

Looking at the past generation, they' ll turn 98% of their exes into multiplatform vgs in time

Looking at the past generation, they' ll turn 98% of their exes into multiplatform vgs in time

Dead Rising 3 wont because MS co-coded it and is the publisher
Titanfall no, confimed by EA
Quantum Break wont Alan Wake didnt, and MS funded the project.
Black Tusk is OWNED by MS no chance

the ones i mentioned are PURE exclusives not timed. with timed exclusives the list is even longer.

Some of them are on pc too (actually only one gears game and titanfall). Most 360 stuff is on pc tbh.
It's a war of attrition that only benefits multiplatform games especially when they look like a good option to exclusives to sell on more platforms. You got stuff like vanquish, bayo or bulletstorm in the last years and they are supposed to top consoles shooters and dmc-like games. Maybe you should wait for more games before buying new consoles.

^ considering this. The only xbone exclusive that looks vaguely interesting to me is Titanfall. It's coming to PC. So is everything interesting on PS4, iirc.

I'm not a big fan of exclusives and that's another irritant to me. Never owned an Xbox or PS 1 or 2, actually. So few exclusive games I missed, especially compared to the screw-you-customers-we-do-what-we-want attitude behind things like exclusives. I sympathize with the desire to force people to your product...but not that much.

I quite like my PS3 - it's a great media center. But I don't play many games on it and neither do the kids anymore. So may not upgrade for a year or, perhaps, ever.

Neogaf is THE vg forum, i registered a year ago and i still havent been approved. it has to most insiders and people working in the vg industry.
its also famous for banning denis dyack.

Neogaf is THE vg forum, i registered a year ago and i still havent been approved. it has to most insiders and people working in the vg industry.
its also famous for banning denis dyack.

Sounds like the worst kind of VIP club elitism to me. Reminds me of #linux.fi back in the day.

I mean, I'm all for having a closed channel or a closed forum, but why not keep it fully closed then? I'm sure it all starts with oh-so-good intentions; "we'll have to be careful who we let post" and all that shit, but it devolves into petty power tripping and nothing else. BoFHs everywhere, waving their little dicks around, making people jump through hoops for their own entertainment, getting off on the idea that they're "IN" while everyone else isn't.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad and boring. I could be mistaken, of course. :cool:

Ah, you're mistaken.

I have no idea how long it takes to sign up, I've never tried. The people that post are pretty regular video game geeks and they treat each other at least as casually as we do here. People post contradictory stuff against mod opinions all the time. You get temp or permbanned for some pretty clear infractions. Drama is minimal to none as it's off-forum.

I use it as a not=bad sounding board for games I haven't played yet and industry news I'm not aware of.

the place has like 120k members, so its not that elite, just that there are soo many that want to register its hard to get in. and they have a roof, only way you get in now is if they ban people and room opens up.

Top Bottom