Multiplayer Thread - Competitive and/or Co-Op.

+

Multiplayer Thread - Competitive and/or Co-Op.

• PvP (COD, Battlefield etc)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 4 player co-op which allows you to play with friends. (Borderlands)

Votes: 65 39.9%
  • MMO like multiplayer with 32+ players in the world doing their own thing (GTA Online).

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • I don't want multiplayer in the game.

Votes: 48 29.4%

• Total voters
This.
A lot of cops would shoot you first, just because they're too lazy to write a report.
But the sentence in itself is one of the best definition of Cyberpunk i can think of :p

Not to mention that "Zero's" don't exist, and thus have no rights. So police can and will do whatever they want to them, just like everyone else.

I didn't want to come across as being dismissive, just incase I did. But I have learned from experience that if you give someone the opportunity to screw someone else over anonymously, 99% of the time they will. We are a fickle species.

Now that I think about, a never-ending cycle of people screwomg other people over both anonymously and onymously is partially what cyberpunk is about.

I didn't want to come across as being dismissive, just incase I did. But I have learned from experience that if you give someone the opportunity to screw someone else over anonymously, 99% of the time they will. We are a fickle species.

yep yep yep.isnt't it great? at least in game you can blast their head off . IF you are more bastard than them .A faster bastard.

Thanks. I like to sort of "peek" into what CDPR is doing by seeing their job postings shift on their company website.

Well if there was any doubt that a multiplayer wont be in this game Id like to remove those doubts with this http://cdpred.com/network-architect/

"Network Architect
CD Projekt RED is looking for an experienced multiplayer programmer to work in our core team. Your main responsibility will be to prepare our engine for challenges of upcoming online component of our future games. You will lead our studio through necessary steps to adapt to the new tasks and different way of thinking where necessary."

Yummy. :D

There are at least two other projects lined up at CDPR that they have openly stated ate in the pipe. It may not be a position for the 2077 project. But I do hope it's linked to 2077.

There are at lrat two other projects lined up at CDPR that they have openly stated ate in the pipe. It may not be a position for the 2077 project. But I do hope it's linked to 2077.

It's listed under the Cyberpunk 2077 section, which may be a clue.

Also, under Core (all titles)
Senior Network Programmer - "This individual will be responsible for building an Online team from the ground up to support our upcoming title, Cyberpunk 2077 (as well as the studio’s future projects), ... Design and implementation of network solutions for Cyberpunk 2077 and future projects."

Kanonite's right, you can often get some clues from the job adverts. Just as long as everyone remembers it isn't a promise. :)

It's listed under the Cyberpunk 2077 section, which may be a clue.

Also, under Core (all titles)
Senior Network Programmer - "This individual will be responsible for building an Online team from the ground up to support our upcoming title, Cyberpunk 2077 (as well as the studio’s future projects), ... Design and implementation of network solutions for Cyberpunk 2077 and future projects."

Kanonite's right, you can often get some clues from the job adverts. Just as long as everyone remembers it isn't a promise. :)

Well slap my ass and call me Susan, looks like there could well be a decent chunk of multiplayer gameplay in 2077 after all.

Well, Susan.. An online component can mean a lot of things - and CDPR can change their mind and dump later.

It reassures me that they will only do MP if it meets their quality standards and game vision. Much like they didn't do it for Witcher 3.

I think its a lot more viable for C2077 than it is for TW3 since A) It is based off a multiplayer game rather than a series of novels and B)It isnt focused on a single, pre-determined character, which ties B) in with A)

Hahaha, CD Projekt fanboys too bad. Your dev betrayed us and added multiplayer. It's Bioware all over again, except that even Bioware hasn't added multiplayer. Now THAT is bad.

I'd swear there was a poll somewhere around here. I might start a new one....

How is it the CDPR fanboys dev betrayed you? Unless you are a fanboy. Are you? ARE YOU? We don't stand for that around these here parts! And, shouldn't you be back on rpgcodex or something with the word "hardcore" in its title? THAT WAS MEAN I'M SORRY DRAGON. no i'm not.

Hmm. I'm bored. Time to go read more of Sanderson's Way of Kings. That or Carmilla that someone recommended.

Hahaha, CD Projekt fanboys too bad. Your dev betrayed us and added multiplayer. It's Bioware all over again, except that even Bioware hasn't added multiplayer. Now THAT is bad.

Avoid flamebaiting if you want to continue to post here.

This is a pretty old thread, but if you go through it, and the other threads on multiplayer, you will probably see that the overall view was for single-player with a multi-player component, but no desire for anything resembling MMO. Which is also what CDPR have implied.

What Dragon said, Im down with multi-player coop as long as it isnt forced. Id love to invite a friend and have us do odd jobs for awhile, but Id also like to do things by myself aswell.

And again, this actually works since 2077 is based off a multiplayer tabletop RPG.

Last edited:
Top Bottom