• Johnny Silverhand

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Viktor Vektor

Votes: 66 34.0%

• Total voters

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
There can be only one!

Who? Best friend of course! V bonded with many people over the time, but who would you call V's closest friend?

1920x1080_CP77_polls_-_International_day_of_friendship.jpg

Want to vote more? Check out other polls!
V's partner
Getting around in Night City
Summer poll

The way the story was told and characters were introduced, I'd say that it's Jackie, despite the fact that as players we don't have much time to know him. But it's suggested by the game and hopping into V's shoes we assume that they both, V and Jackie, are like two brothers (or brother and sister).
Viktor is a bit like a close uncle or a second father to me ;)
Johnny - well, this relationship was complicated, wasn't it? ;) I'd say that Johnny and V's friendship was somehow "forced" on them by the circumstances (although we, as players, could choose to hate him to the very end as well). In a way, they were actually closer to each other than V and Jackie or V and Viktor. Actually closer than any other people on Earth.
And yet, still it would be Jackie, I guess.

Last edited:
Weird for Nomad lifepath, but anyway, I imagine Viktor would have done everything so that you didn't do "The Heist" for Dex (in view of what he says about Dex) :)

"My dad isn't a Nomad. So I could look him up."

But the Heist is one of those things that went South in a way that you wouldn't think it would be NEARLY as bad as it ended up being.

Still I did like when Victor showed up in unexpected places like the boxing match.

I really appreciated those moments.

The game tries hard to squeeze Jackie into V's heart with that Six Month footage and whatnot, but personally, Vic is my pal.

He's reliable, a kind heart and... well, he happens to stay alive the whole time, so you actually have the time to grow some attachment to him, unlike Mr. "I-have-to-die-early-so-the-plot-can-move-forward" Wells.

Johnny? Yeah, in the end he probably become your best friend (with varying degrees, depending on the ending you get), but i just don't happen to like his shitty attitude.

"[POLL] V'S BEST FRIEND"

"Who would you call V's closest friend?"

Ow, tough one. The player did most things with Jackie but unfortunately he's no more. Although Victor saves V's life, they didn't ever really do much with each other. Hmm... ...And you left 4 other known characters out..., One of which I think is, well, my, V's, at least, true BFF. Hmm... ...Think I'd settle with Jackie.

Got introduced to the game by V and him, and the two of them did the most things together, including the skipped 6 months. As far as I'm concerned, they were inseparable.

Post automatically merged:

View attachment 11240899
Roach, naturally.

Ach! Wrong game -- yet again!
Could always vote for a horse or 2 to ride in Cyberpunk. Always found it weird for a whole nomad family to not own a single stallion.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Could always vote for a horse or 2 to ride in Cyberpunk. Always found it weird for a whole nomad family to not own a single stallion.
Cyber-Roach DLC? :confused: :think:
Post automatically merged:

Difficult... Without Viktor, V would have been zeroed straight away. But we spend a lot more time with Johnny.

Last edited:
She's already part of the partner poll. :/

I actually do like Judy as my V's best friend and non-sexual partner. V is straight as the day is long and Judy is gay but they really do work exceptionally well as platonic life partners. It actually made the moment where Maiko assumes V is doing all this to fuck Judy laughable.

Jackie without any doubt.

Since they met was "friendship at first sight", then, with the game intro, we have a glimpse of Jackie and V starting their merc life... V knows Jackie's mother... V even seems to live in El Coyote Cojo for a time... They grow up together in Night City bussiness

Johny is a very strange relationship... we have the evidence here in the forum: many, many players hate Johny

And Viktor as others said is more like a father or big brother, a very good friend, but I think Jackie was closer

Jackie without any doubt.

Since they met was "friendship at first sight", then, with the game intro, we have a glimpse of Jackie and V starting their merc life... V knows Jackie's mother... V even seems to live in El Coyote Cojo for a time... They grow up together in Night City bussiness

Johny is a very strange relationship... we have the evidence here in the forum: many, many players hate Johny

And Viktor as others said is more like a father or big brother, a very good friend, but I think Jackie was closer

Many players also really love Johnny too.

Mind you, part of this is the conspiracy theory that there MUST have been a better written game that got changed that some players have put their hopes on versus the idea the game was always going to be about dying with Johnny in your head (they were thinking about CGIing in David Bowie at one point).

There is only one Jackie Wells. It is rare that I really get upset over the death of a game character, Jackie is one of them. Personally, I think they could have done so much with this character (Jackie) through out the story line. Once again one of those missed opportunities.

One other not mentioned in the poll is Judy. I felt she was level headed, bright personality, a bit emotional but she controlled it and someone who could be a very true friend. Judy told it as it was.

I suppose Johnny and Viktor would be a close second. I noticed Panam was not on the list either, and I think that is a good thing. Just sayin...

Top Bottom