The Unexpressed Potential of CP77 (a constructive discussion)

+
You talk about something like > Second Life ?
It makes me think of Ready Player One this thing.
"You can sell and fill 80% of a player's visual field before causing a seizure, imagine the potential !!!"
"Sorry, but I hope that will never happen for Cyberpunk. At worst, I even prefer a GTA 5 multiplayer":(
Second Life isn't really the right example. More Sony's former social platform. What that did was bringing players together. Like these forums, but in a game. You could do all kinds of things together, with other players like dancing, playing pool, bowling, playing in a park, picnic, flying an RC helicopter or plane, ride on a mini choo choo train that would circle the park, fly a flyer, relaxing in a peddle boat and much much more. That was one space, but there were tens of others, each with their own events. Lots and lots of players loved it. Totally free to play on the PS3. A little like Second Life, but much much more advanced, civilized and disciplined.

"Sorry, but I hope that will never happen for Cyberpunk. At worst, I even prefer a GTA 5 multiplayer":(

Why not? Would be lots a fun. CDPR would build and expand the city, 3rd party devs, modders, contractors, would fill the empty shells with interactive attractions like playing tennis, pool, golf, soccer, bowling, picnic in the park, going to a restaurant, taking a boat trip, going to a disco, all kinds of things. CDPR would interact as the Mayor of Night City, and orchestrate all kinds of real life contracts with contractors from around the world. The possibilities are endless.

Second Life could never come up to par with Sony's social platform, and Sony's platform could neither with Cyperpunk, even if they had tried.

Edit: Sony's former social platform. A far cry from Second Life. It may look old fashioned, but imagine if the concept was implemented into Cyberpunk, with its out-of-this-world graphics, way of playing, everything you love about Cyberpunk. Imagine playing with your friends in the same game. It would become a game to come home to.

Last edited:
Second Life isn't really the right example. More Sony's former social platform. What that did was bringing players together. Like these forums, but in a game. You could do all kinds of things together, with other players like dancing, playing pool, bowling, playing in a park, picnic, flying an RC helicopter or plane, ride on a mini choo choo train that would circle the park, fly a flyer, relaxing in a peddle boat and much much more. That was one space, but there were tens of others, each with their own events. Lots and lots of players loved it. Totally free to play on the PS3. A little like Second Life, but much much more advanced, civilized and disciplined.

Why not? Would be lots a fun. CDPR would build and expand the city, 3rd party devs, modders, contractors, would fill the empty shells with interactive attractions like playing tennis, pool, golf, soccer, bowling, picnic in the park, going to a restaurant, taking a boat trip, going to a disco, all kinds of things. CDPR would interact as the Mayor of Night City, and orchestrate all kinds of real life contracts with contractors from around the world. The possibilities are endless.

Second Life could never come up to par with Sony's social platform, and Sony's platform could neither with Cyperpunk, even if they had tried.

Edit: Sony's former social platform. A far cry from Second Life.
My bad, I misunderstood I think :(
What made me react is more the micro-transaction side. Real money in virtual world, it's not something I like or I want to see in a game. But yeah, all the "social" part, if it's "free", no problem for me (even if I'm not a big fan) ;)

My bad, I misunderstood I think :(
What made me react is more the micro-transaction side. Real money in virtual world, it's not something I like or I want to see in a game. But yeah, all the "social" part, if it's "free", no problem for me (even if I'm not a big fan) ;)
Understandable, but I'm afraid software designing today has become way too expensive to be offered for free. It has become so expensive, don't know if you noticed, but characters in todays games wear normal clothes that you can buy everywhere in the world. Just normal jeans and jacket, that's it. Why do you think that is? Games that do offer lots of flashy fantasy like costumes, know micro-transactions, or monthly fees. Final Fantasy XIV's big example. It's really the only way to be able to offer all that, and maintain a profitable IP.

Real money in virtual world, it's not something I like or I want to see in a game.

Unfortunately, that's the direction the gaming world is taking. CDPR is doing it too with its Pokemon-GO-like little game. I avoid at all costs all games implementing micro-transations. It's just a thing someone born in the '80s like me sees as a lazy way developers utilize to line their pockets in the easiest possible way.

Sorry for the off-topic, and in my own topic, no less :D

Understandable, but I'm afraid software designing today has become way too expensive to be offered for free. It has become so expensive, don't know if you noticed, but characters in todays games wear normal clothes that you can buy everywhere in the world. Just normal jeans and jacket, that's it. Why do you think that is? Games that do offer lots of flashy fantasy like costumes, know micro-transactions, or monthly fees. Final Fantasy XIV's big example. It's really the only way to be able to offer all that, and maintain a profitable IP.
I don't know, maybe :(
But I like to quote Minecraft, I bought it almost 10 years ago and it still gets free updates regularly (and it still on top of the most played/selled games). Nothing to do with Cyberpunk or complex games, but hey, I paid nothing since 10 years... (20 euros at time).

Some of my gameplay suggestions:
1. Fix the minimap
2. You can buy the garage next to your apartment and your vehicles will be spawned there at all times. Too many cars? Make each parking spot interactable and you can browse which car you want there (like browsing radio stations/doll holograms)
3. Customization of apartments (color options atleast, perhaps also the style of furniture just like modders did it)
4. Barbers, ripperdoc where you can change facial presets, tattoo and piercing parlors ( right now, there are only like 10 available tattoos in the game.... that's criminally low)
5. Reintroduce cut enemy Netrunner's abilities (modders found out and it's a great gameplay addon, actually forces you prioritize eliminating enemy Netrunners and the "highlight Netrunner that hacked you" becomes very useful) + maybe add some hacking countermeasures?
6. Add new melee finishers (especially for Mantis Blades and Katana and Gorilla Arms)
7. FOV slider for car interiors, perhaps even height slider.
8. Reintroduce all vendors that were cut + make buying stuff from them in the in-game computer monitors/floating hologram HUD catalogue and not from the menu that shows up on the entire screen. It would work exactly like the computer monitors that are already in the game.
9. Add some more functions (change makeup/hairstyle color/beard for example) and facial animations to mirrors
10. Unlock NPC clothes for V (not necesarilly from main NPC's but definately from pedestrians)
11. Add a repair shop where cars can be repaired and repainted (deeper customization is not necessary but some color schemes could go a long way)
12. Add a Transmog tab in the Craft/Upgrade menu and let us upgrade the clothes
13. Police chases...... (pls just two or three cars that atleast try to follow V, mods attempted to do this and succeeded and I'm sure you can do it too CDPR)
14. Get rid of gigs on the minimap. Your V needs a job? Call a fixer and they will give you deets on the nearest gig available and it gets highlited on the minimap. Otherwise explore on your own and when you get closer the gig highlights itself and you get a call. No more gigs available? Simply disable the option from the phone menu and add a "[All gigs completed]" label to it.
15. V's mansion can be bought but it would be hidden behind a steep Streetcred level and cost atleast 500k €$.
16. Allow us to cancel calls, a short message will be sent aftewards and the contact will remain highlited. Example: Incoming message: "You have one missed call from this number." Reply option: [Call] + make sure calls only happen outside of quests to avoid interruptions.

+ Obviously add as many quests as possible and continue the story of the wonderful characters you have created. It's the main reason why me and many others keep playing this game.

"What made me react is more the micro-transaction side. Real money in virtual world, it's not something I like or I want to see in a game."

So, if I understand you correctly, you will not buy paid-DLC offered up by CDPR, eventually?

Post automatically merged:

"I avoid at all costs all games implementing micro-transations. It's just a thing someone born in the '80s like me sees as a lazy way developers utilize to line their pockets in the easiest possible way."

So you will not buy payable DLC? Am asking because you mentioned expansions and updates every week. Updates, maybe, but expansions can simply never be offered for free. Not in this day and age, and certainly not in this particular game. You have to be willing to invest into the game you love, for it to be able to grow.

Last edited:
"What made me react is more the micro-transaction side. Real money in virtual world, it's not something I like or I want to see in a game."

So, if I understand you correctly, you will not buy paid-DLC offered up by CDPR, eventually?

Post automatically merged:

"I avoid at all costs all games implementing micro-transations. It's just a thing someone born in the '80s like me sees as a lazy way developers utilize to line their pockets in the easiest possible way."

So you will not buy payable DLC? Am asking because you mentioned expansions and updates every week. Updates, maybe, but expansions can simply never be offered for free. Not in this day and age, and certainly not in this particular game. You have to be willing to invest into the game you love, for it to be able to grow.

Okay..... now I'm genuinely curious:

why are you equating "micro-transactions" with DLC and paid expansion? They're entirely different things. Maybe it's a language barrier thing and I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at?

Anyhoo.... I see any signs of micro-transactions on the horizon, and I'm forever out. Not really my thing. Paying for a game to play is one thing. Paying in perpetuity to play the game effectively is another.

Not the same at all :)
Paid DLC are not micro-transactions, there is a huge difference for me (Paid DLCs are a whole new part of story, like Blood and Wine for TW3).
To pay real money for "just" a new weapon, a new clothes, a new car or a new cyberware, that's what I call a micro-transactions.
Or the worst thing ever, the lootbox o_O

Okay..... now I'm genuinely curious:

"why are you equating "micro-transactions" with DLC and paid expansion? They're entirely different things." Maybe it's a language barrier thing and I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at?

Anyhoo.... I see any signs of micro-transactions on the horizon, and I'm forever out. Not really my thing. Paying for a game to play is one thing. Paying in perpetuity to play the game effectively is another.
According what I was taught by a game dev-team like Capcom is, the only difference between DLC and microtransactions: with microtransactions you buy a sword, a shield, shoes, earrings, a helmet, a new story, a new space, a gun, a rifle, a shirt, pair of jeans, an armor piece, separately from within the game, varying between, €1,00 to €10,00 a piece, and with DLC, you buy all those items in one big package for varying, €20,00 to €40,00, in-game, PS Store or Steam. Buy the items separately, you pay the full price, buy them all in a package, you get a thiny whiny discount. It remains the same, you pay with real money. Nothing different about it.

Last edited:
According what I was taught by a game dev-team like Capcom is, the only difference between DLC and microtransactions: with microtransactions you buy a sword, a shield, shoes, earrings, a helmet, a new story, a new space, a gun, a rifle, a shirt, pair of jeans, an armor piece, separately from within the game, varying between, €1,00 to €10,00 a piece, and with DLC, you buy all those items in one big package for varying, €20,00 to €40,00, in-game, PS Store or Steam.
That's sound quite similar said like that, but there is a difference in the facts.
If we take Blood & Wine, yes you have new swords and stuff, but you also have a new map, new story and many hours of play time.
Micro-transaction like a new sword add nothing except a new weapon... new real content... nothing. You're happy, you have a new sword for €1,00 to €10,00, that's all o_O

It's for that :
In the United States, there have been some calls to introduce legislation to regulate microtransactions in video games, whether on mobile, consoles, or PC, and numerous attempts have been made recently to pass such legislation. In November 2017, Hawaii representatives Chris Lee and Sean Quinlan, during a news conference, explained how loot boxes and microtransactions prey on children and that they are working to introduce bills into their state's house and senate.[41] A few months later, in February 2018, they successfully put four bills onto the floor of Hawaii State Legislature.[42] Two of those bills would make it so games containing loot boxes can not be sold to people under the age of 21, and the other two would force game publishers to put labels on the case of their games that have loot boxes in them, as well as make them be transparent about the item drop rates for the rewards in their game's loot boxes.[42] However, all four bills failed to pass through the Hawaii State Legislature in March 2018.[43] In May 2019, Republican Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri introduced a bill named "The Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act" to ban loot boxes and pay-to-win microtransactions in games played by minors, using similar conditions previously outlined in the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.[44][45] The bill received some bi-partisan support in the form of two co-sponsors from Democrats Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Ed Markey of Massachusetts.[46]

The United Kingdom has also been closely observing microtransactions, especially loot boxes, and their effects on children. A major report by the UK Parliament's House of Commons and the Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport Committee, released in September 2019, called for the banning or regulation of microtransactions and loot boxes to children as well as having the games industry to take up more responsibility with regards to protecting players from the harms of microtransactions that simulate gambling.[47] Specifically, the committee's conclusion is that microtransactions should be classified as gambling in the UK and therefore subject to current gambling and age-restriction laws.[48] In October 2019, the Children's Commissioner for England, which promotes and protects children's rights, released a report describing the experiences, thoughts, and effects, positive and negative, of gaming on children ages 10–16. Within the report, some of the children directly stated to the interviewers that the microtransactions and loot boxes that they encounter and subsequently buy, are just like gambling.[49] The report concludes that showing the odds and percentages of certain microtransactions to players does not go far enough and does not actually solve the problem.[49]

I don't think i said updates specifically EVERY WEEK, you are probably confusing me with someone else. I talked about a more or less frequent stream of updates.

Micro-transations are NOT dlcs. Not the way i see it, at least. Micro-transation are more akin to "aids" that make things easier for the player, such as an overpowered armor or weapon, or that speed up certain achievements that you would normally be able to, well, achieve, only by playing / grinding, such as free money or experience. Those are the WORST type of micro-transations. Mobile games especially are riddled with this rubbish, but it's becoming a thing in console and pc gaming too.

Then there are those that cross the line between small dlcs and micro-transations: new special weapons, new clothes, new cars, etc. I'm rarely happy to pay for this stuff, because in the long run it really adds nothing to the game, unless we're talking about weapons or other things that add new mechanics, such as, i don't know, a weapon that grapples enemies from afar, just to make an example, or flying cars. In the case of Cyberpunk, they should ABSOLUTELY avoid this type of paid content, and only release it as free. The reasons are quite obvious to me, so i won't linger on the subject.

Then naturally we have paid dlcs and expansions. New missions, new stories, new mechanics that change the game in substantial ways, new big areas to explore... Well, THIS is the kind of content i'm more than glad to spend my money on. Unless it's overpriced, of course.

It might be possible for them to introduce player-controlled flight travel in a new zone that's designed for it, but I'm not sure how feasible it would be to implement it in the main game.

One of the things I loved about Fallout 4 on survival was the ability to hitch rides on Brotherhood helicopters as an alternative to fast travel (since the regular ability to fast travel is disabled in that mode).

BLOOD AND WINE is basically a second Witcher 3 game in terms of its hours and content. So it's a bad example.

It might be possible for them to introduce player-controlled flight travel in a new zone that's designed for it, but I'm not sure how feasible it would be to implement it in the main game.

One of the things I loved about Fallout 4 on survival was the ability to hitch rides on Brotherhood helicopters as an alternative to fast travel (since the regular ability to fast travel is disabled in that mode).

Half of it is already implemented. Through the AI flight system.

the AV ride to Lizzy's in the corpo prologue
the AV ride with the Peralez couple
the chopper ride when you play as Johnny prior to the title screen

It's a matter of adapting/modifying that system to player control. If CDPR doesn't do it themselves, you can bet it's just a matter of time before a modder does. Better if CDPR does it. Because then EVERY platform can enjoy it.

The only reason I can see for them NOT doing it, is if the upper portions of large buildings have no collision mesh.

Your move. What could make this game shine even more?

Here are my posts/threads for additional contents that would improves the game, making it a possibly much richer open world experiences while utilizing the already existing features in the game. (CLICK THE LINKS)

Mini Games Ideas
Crafting & Equipment Overhaul Design
Consumables & Vendors Overhaul Design
New Unlockable Things & New features
QoL features & overall gameplay improvement
Cyberpsychosis Design
Companion System

As of now, it has been 7+ months of basically nothing content-wise imo... So, yeah...

Yes. I know sometimes it's unfair to ask game devs to put features from other games in their game, but I think this would kinda solve the issue of friendships with other NPCs/ Romances feeling empty after finishing their quests/storylines.
Panam's butt wouldn't be permanently sitting on that chair after the end of the game. Nope, you take her out on an adventure in the badlands, she can even lend a hand with some of Dakota's missions.
Judy will not longer be staring at the window or leave right away. Take her on a long ride to relax, make her your companion in those missions that involve rescuing/avenging dolls.
River sitting in that porch forever? Not anymore! Make him tag along during those NCPD missions to give him a sense of personal satisfaction.
Claire already proved you she can shoot, so why not invite her to fight gangs around NC?
Man, this would be so good.

"I don't think i said updates specifically EVERY WEEK, you are probably confusing me with someone else. I talked about a more or less frequent stream of updates."

Micro-transations are NOT dlcs. Not the way i see it, at least. Micro-transation are more akin to "aids" that make things easier for the player, such as an overpowered armor or weapon, or that speed up certain achievements that you would normally be able to, well, achieve, only by playing / grinding, such as free money or experience. Those are the WORST type of micro-transations. Mobile games especially are riddled with this rubbish, but it's becoming a thing in console and pc gaming too.

Then there are those that cross the line between small dlcs and micro-transations: new special weapons, new clothes, new cars, etc. I'm rarely happy to pay for this stuff, because in the long run it really adds nothing to the game, unless we're talking about weapons or other things that add new mechanics, such as, i don't know, a weapon that grapples enemies from afar, just to make an example, or flying cars. In the case of Cyberpunk, they should ABSOLUTELY avoid this type of paid content, and only release it as free. The reasons are quite obvious to me, so i won't linger on the subject.

Then naturally we have paid dlcs and expansions. New missions, new stories, new mechanics that change the game in substantial ways, new big areas to explore... Well, THIS is the kind of content i'm more than glad to spend my money on. Unless it's overpriced, of course.
My bad. I did mistook you for someone else. Pardon me.

Yes. I know sometimes it's unfair to ask game devs to put features from other games in their game, but I think this would kinda solve the issue of friendships with other NPCs/ Romances feeling empty after finishing their quests/storylines.
EXACTLY!!! With companion system, player can have a bunch of things that give a much stronger impressions with some of the important characters. It doesn't even need to be so complex. Just imagine this companion design. Here's the overall details:
+ Add a call feature for companion system, max to 2 characters.
+ each companion characters have 2 special moves, based on the existing moves/skills.
+ companions can be unlock after their first encounter missions.
+ when riding, must have use vehicles min 2-3 seats (depend on numbers of called companion)
+ Have 3 main components of this companion design. Companion Behaviors, Tactical Commands, & Partnership Gauge.
+ companion/s in stealth mode will go invisible
+ companion/s will have 150% of player's current health & same character level with player. Basically auto level up.
+ companion/s will not die, just unconscious.
+ companion special moves level up based on the level of partnership gauge.

+ Companion Behaviors: select companion AI behaviors while on combat situation. the selection:

1. Aggresive: auto attack enemy in sight of certain radius.
2. Defensive: only attack enemy in open/forced combat or while being personally damaged.
3. Stealth: will not attack enemy under any circumstances unless personally order by player

+ Tactical Commands: a command wheel to give order to companion. the commands:
1. Move: order companion/s to move in targeted place
2. Follow: order companion/s to follow/rally on player
3. Hold: order companion/s to hold position & find cover or crouch (auto)
4. lock on: order companion/s to attack targeted enemy
5: special move: order companion/s to activate special move (attack, hacking, healing, ammo support, effect support, etc)

+ Partnership Gauge: a stand alone level gauge to show the increase partnership levels & upgrades special moves. the details:
1. the gauge divided into 5 levels
2. Each level will have new upgrades for special moves that player can pick.
3. the gauge increase based on how many XP earned together in missions (main, side, gigs, etc) by player & picked companions.
4. the gauge can also increase from how many "actual" side/leisure activities did together (which are nonexistent at this point LMAO)
5. a full partnership gauge & romanced companion will get a special new scenes & unlock "romance activities" (also nonexistent LOL)

Basically, aside from a helper in combat or some other missions, player can also have certain goal to unlock certain romance activities with the romanced companion by going to certain places. The "nonexistent" romance activities & small/brief scenes could easily be:
+ dating in bars. drinking & dancing together, possibly dinner in certain places. player can choose the music that available to play in the bars.
+ dating in home. watching TV together, Braindance "fetish play," & normal sleep "sexual healing" stuffs.
+ picnic dating in movie theater/parks/beach/certain locations. watching & playing together.
+ date shopping in certain vendors? Maybe like buying/choosing what clothes/outfits & certain weapon skin to wear/use for companion (just cosmetically)

So, romance activities more of a rewards & experiencing brief scenes together with companion. BUT I think this kind of rewards are spectacular & add layers to character immersion.

Top Bottom