Votes: 93 47.9%
  • Johnny Silverhand

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Viktor Vektor

Votes: 66 34.0%

• Total voters
Best choom - Jackie.
Best friend - Johnny, eventually.

It is technically the same word, yes :D but, BUT.
I think there's something that Johnny gave V that simply shifts him into 'position' over Jackie purely by coincidence of him being in V's head. While both being very contrastfull(?), they eventually overcome their differences and actually rooting for each other to survive. So probably the bond seems stronger.
And also if you're not the best friend with voices in your head, well, that would probably be bad.

But who is V's only friend when everyone dies, it will always fight back for you?

77bb4674-2d0f-459d-b41d-e8bcf55a161c-cyberpunk_2077_dildos-8.jpg

Well the game constantly beats it over your head that Jackie is your best friend even though as a player you don't know shit about him so that is essentially the correct answer even though the game barely shows it to be the case.

Wow... Can't believe that despicable gonk won over Vic. And that over a double even. Say what now?!? What the hell he ever do good!?

There can be only one!

Who? Best friend of course! V bonded with many people over the time, but who would you call V's closest friend?

View attachment 11240836

Want to vote more? Check out other polls!
V's partner
Getting around in Night City
Summer poll
jackie dies pretty much immediately in the game. victor is just your ripper doc (i'm not friends w my real-life doc). johnny silverhand is technically trying to kill you / a despicable person. why are these even options over Panam, Judy, or Kerry?

why are these even options over Panam, Judy, or Kerry?
Because :
I guess they're trying to draw a difference between romance options and friends.
And maybe a ripperdoc who save your life for free could be a little bit more than a "simple" ripper doc :)
(And also who gives you a 21K credit at the start and then tells you to keep them)

From what I understand of the story, V and Jackie become friends over the course of a few months, and through Jackie, you meet several of the other characters, like Mama Welles, Victor, and Misty.

Once Jackie dies, it seems like the main story covers the few weeks that V tries to find the cure for the biochip. So while it seems like Jackie's presence is only in the beginning of the game, he probably spent the most time with V.

Because :

And maybe a ripperdoc who save your life for free could be a little bit more than a "simple" ripper doc :)
(And also who gives you a 21K credit at the start and then tells you to keep them)
V's story before Jackie dies could have been quite interesting. V's story with Viktor really is unknown other then some video showing Jackie introducing Viktor. As someone mentioned V had months to make new friends before the story line starts and I wish they had expanded on this before we progressed with the main story. Another missed opportunity.

My gut feeling about this is there may have been a much longer intro for V, but when Keanu Reeves was brought on board, this changed everything and suddenly it was all about Johnny Silverhand. No offense to Keanu, he was offered the part and he jumped at it, as he should.

As for Viktor giving V his / her implant (21K) right at the start of the game, it does say a lot about Victors relationship with V. I always made sure he got paid even though Viktor offered to let V keep it. That's what a true friend would do, right?

My gut feeling about this is there may have been a much longer intro for V, but when Keanu Reeves was brought on board, this changed everything and suddenly it was all about Johnny Silverhand. No offense to Keanu, he was offered the part and he jumped at it, as he should.
Not so sure about that, I still think that "johnny" was written way before keanu's arrival. So for me, except some dialogue lines modified/added and maybe some minor changes (like add a bike), that without Keanu we would have a pretty similar story or almost (except that would be an unknow Johnny). But I think we never really know about that :)
As for Viktor giving V his / her implant (21K) right at the start of the game, it does say a lot about Victors relationship with V. I always made sure he got paid even though Viktor offered to let V keep it. That's what a true friend would do, right?
I think, it's that. Especially in a city like Night City, where it seems rather difficult to form serious relationships :)

Can't vote.

Jackie was this best friend that will always be in your heart, no matter what.

Johnny represents the best friend that you weren't expecting and you didn't even like,during a different phase in your life, when your jackie-kindafriend is no longer around for different reasons. You fight, you annoy each other, and things could go veeeeery wrong cause you're like oil and water, but at the end of the day you learnt to care about each other, and even though you don't wanna admit it, there's so much hell you would be willing to walk through, just for them.

Vik is a father figure. Not related by blood, and he tries to act all professional, but he has a soft spot for you. Depending on what path you chooses, the old man cries for you twice and shows up to boost your confidence in a tournament, and puts a bandaid on you whenever you fall down.

Have only played through the game once and just started the second time. And Jackie is one character I'd wish they have given you a chance to save and keep around. He's one of those types that I was annoyed with at first and didn't like but oh boy did he grow on me quickly! And that's only from the short interactions we have at the start of the game... He deserved better.

If we could have saved him it would have changed the game quite a bit if it meant he'd tag along on more missions, but then perhaps that would have been a good thing. Being able to have companions with you and not running solo the whole(most) time if you wanted.
AND, that could have bridged the game into co-op multiplayer. Letting you join a friends game with your V instead of the computer companion.
The game would treat the main player as V for the main story stuff. And the joiner as a friend helping out.

Maybe for the sequel :)

OT, voted for Jackie, with Panam a close second. Having played female V.

Yes it could have been good, but loneliness is a recurring theme in Night City (Panam, Judy, River, Kerry or V) :)
Well said, I agree. That's why CP2077 feels a bit different than other games and somehow intense in the way of mood creation for the player. The feeling of loneliness is really strong in this game world, and like you said, a recurring theme for other characters as well. Hanging around with companions would somehow break this specific atmosphere.
We have Johnny with us all the time of course, but that's a bit different thing.

Corp V has known Jackie for years with Jackie saving your life in Mexico. A lot stuff could have been flesh out about the back story, but a lot of things changed as the game was developed. I don't really care about Johnny after playing though the story line and tend not do his story of revenge.

As a player, I found the 'blaze of glory' tag to be childish BS as it's hard to enjoy the good life when you're dead.

Last edited:
Vik. He’s also probably the most natural character in the whole game.

Jackie is ”too” friendly to a point of being awkward and annoying at it, and Johnny is just a douche.

Top Bottom