Are some crafting spec rarities missing or can't be acquired?

+
I'm trying a playthrough with only 12 tech, so I'm trying to craft some epic weapons.

However, there's a few specs I just can't find of weapons I really like.

I can't find an epic Achilles, Nekomata, Yukimura, or Shinden blueprint, for example.

I did manage to track down epic versions for Kenshin and Sidewinder specs from different shops.

It seems bizarre you can easily find the Legendary Achilles at City Center but a less rare spec would be nowhere in the game. There's also a few spots that drop those weapons where you can save scum to get an epic one, but I find the RNG of trying to craft it myself more fun and less immersion breaking that save scumming.

It's also infinitely easier to just find the iconic versions of the above rather than crafting them. The iconic versions are fun but those extra bonuses can make them a bit too powerful.

I can't find an epic Achilles, Nekomata, Yukimura, or Shinden blueprint, for example.
I don't know exactly, but you have try to skip 24H few times on each shop ?
Sometimes, there are not directly in stock (unlike the legendary which are always available I think)
(and sometimes it need a minimum level to appear, but I think you are "high level").

I don't know exactly, but you have try to skip 24H few times on each shop ?
Sometimes, there are not directly in stock (unlike the legendary which are always available I think)
(and sometimes it need a minimum level to appear, but I think you are "high level").

If you've found an epic Achilles or Yukimura spec in a shop though, I'd be curious to know specifically which one.

As far as I can tell just because you find the legendary spec, doesn't mean they carry lower rarities. And eventually the stock starts cycling so you kind of realize you've seen it all. And for me when I'm skipping time the legendaries aren't always available, they cycle like everything else.

Kinda funny, but sometimes shops also end up with multiple quanities of a spec, which seems pointless. Like I was at the shop in Vista Del Rey and one time after skipping forward it has 2 of every spec.

That doesn't break anything, so I'm not sure you could consider it a bug, but it does seem silly.

If you've found an epic Achilles or Yukimura spec in a shop though, I'd be curious to know specifically which one.

As far as I can tell just because you find the legendary spec, doesn't mean they carry lower rarities. And eventually the stock starts cycling so you kind of realize you've seen it all. And for me when I'm skipping time the legendaries aren't always available, they cycle like everything else.

Kinda funny, but sometimes shops also end up with multiple quanities of a spec, which seems pointless. Like I was at the shop in Vista Del Rey and one time after skipping forward it has 2 of every spec.

That doesn't break anything, so I'm not sure you could consider it a bug, but it does seem silly.
I will keep an eye on it when a pass near a shop ;)
But I said that, because the only epic crafting spec that I buy (on each playthrough), it's the overture in the shop in the glen. And I have to be at the required level and I have to skip time, few times for find it :)

Definitely if you stumble across it I'd love to hear about it, because I've camped out a bunch of weapon shops and no joy so far.

Some spec rarities do randomly seem rarer (like the epic Sidewinder) but I find the concept of Epic versions being harder to find than Legendary an odd choice, gameplay wise.

I just visited a few, especially the ones in center. Corpo Plaza, Wellspring, The glen and Vista Del Rey, I think the epic spec craftings are only available there because in Pacifica, Arroyo, Rancho Corronado, no epic one at all.
And none of those, unfortunately. But some Zhuo, Gian, Tchao, Carnage, Sidewinder, Saratoga, Burya and other ones. The only one that I have, is Yukimura. But I think it's unlock with crafting skill (level 13, who unlock "epic craftings specs").

I just visited a few, especially the ones in center. Corpo Plaza, Wellspring, The glen and Vista Del Rey, I think the epic spec craftings are only available there because in Pacifica, Arroyo, Rancho Corronado, no epic one at all.
And none of those, unfortunately. But some Zhuo, Gian, Tchao, Carnage, Sidewinder, Saratoga, Burya and other ones. The only one that I have, is Yukimura. But I think it's unlock with crafting skill (level 13, who unlock "epic craftings specs").

Thanks for the heads up on the level 13 crafting for the Yukimura.

I finally broke down and just put a bunch of points into crafting, to give crafting clothes a go this playthrough.

It just feels so random which ones exist and which ones don't, at times. Like were they excluded on purpose? Or will they appear in a future update? There's no way to know at the moment, ha.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the level 13 crafting for the Yukimura.

What happened to the Legendary Yukimura? I finally broke down and just put a bunch of points into crafting, and there are several guides that mention a legendary Yukimura spec but it seems to have been removed.

It just feels so random which ones exist and which ones don't, at times.
Legendary Yukimura is looted in this Organized Crime (NCPD Scanner Hustles with skull).
This one if I'm right :
Yukimura.png

In legendary, you will have almost all the weapons (maybe some are missing like Arasaka weapons). But largely more than Epic ones, that's for sure ;)

Legendary Yukimura is looted in this Organized Crime (NCPD Scanner Hustles with skull).
This one if I'm right :
View attachment 11242018
In legendary, you will have almost all the weapons (maybe some are missing like Arasaka weapons). But largely more than Epic ones, that's for sure ;)

I found it! But I had to reload and redo that mission until it dropped. Sometimes the enemies don't drop it, kinda like my first run I didn't get the Psalm rifle spec.

There's actually a lot of weapon specs missing. You can buy the weapons sometimes, but as far as I can tell the specs don't exist.

Like there's one tech revolver, one smart pistol, one power pistol with a crafting spec (the Burya, Yukimura, and Unity). But there's tons more pistols in the game itself.

But where's the legendary Overture or Nova specs?

Making specs so rare/a pain to get really hampers the crafting/tech tree, I think. I'm intentionally avoiding using iconic weapons this round, but it would be so much easier to just use those instead of utilizing the systems that they seemingly put so much effort into.

I found it! But I had to reload and redo that mission until it dropped. Sometimes the enemies don't drop it, kinda like my first run I didn't get the Psalm rifle spec.

There's actually a lot of weapon specs missing. You can buy the weapons sometimes, but as far as I can tell the specs don't exist.

Like there's one tech revolver, one smart pistol, one power pistol with a crafting spec (the Burya, Yukimura, and Unity). But there's tons more pistols in the game itself.

But where's the legendary Overture or Nova specs?

Making specs so rare/a pain to get really hampers the crafting/tech tree, I think. I'm intentionally avoiding using iconic weapons this round, but it would be so much easier to just use those instead of utilizing the systems that they seemingly put so much effort into.
To my knowledge, no crafting spec for Overture or Nova, sadly.
There only two legendary Overture available (other than iconics), one during "the hunt" in the NCPD building and other one in NorthSide in an event (blue star) between NCPD and Maelstomer. And both only have 3 mod slots (It's sad, but they are already crazily powerful).
Not 100% sure about crafting specs of Nova, but there is plenty of legendary available (two legendary Nova during "Rider of the storm" with Panam, if you are level 34+)

All that who are available are the "regulars" (non-iconics). Except one smart SMG. Knowing I never bought legendary crafting spec in shop (or maybe behind a "body" locked door that I can't open, but I have doubts).
412514b3-2dc9-4cd7-9248-992879fbe1b8.PNG0da136ce-38e1-43ec-aaef-f39d057500d6.PNG

I think CDPR will add more, that can't stay like that (all the crafting specs should be available in shop or by looting).

I think CDPR will add more, that can't stay like that (all the crafting specs should be available in shop or by looting).

I hope so, I actually like crafting in this game, but it feels hampered by missing features and specs.

Are legendary specs in clothing shops still bugged? I've been advancing time and never see them. The Cyberpunk wiki mentions that in earlier versions you only saw the legendary specs once: the first time you visit the store.

I hope so, I actually like crafting in this game, but it feels hampered by missing features and specs.

Are legendary specs in clothing shops still bugged? I've been advancing time and never see them. The Cyberpunk wiki mentions that in earlier versions you only saw the legendary specs once: the first time you visit the store.
Yep, it's a bug in my opinion, because often (obviously) you don't want waste your money at the start (and the first time you visit shops).
But for me, from what I remember, it's not a big loss, there weren't any that I actually liked. But it's just my tastes, here :)

Top Bottom