(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077: Known Features Thread

+
So if I choose Solo i will have sub-roles like Assassin,Bodyguard,Corporate Soldier and others right ?
And every sub-role has ''Origin'' type of story. So for example if I choose to be a Soldier i will be sent to a war to fight for the corporation that hired me ?

I know,too many questions,im noob :D

So if I choose Solo i will have sub-roles like Assassin,Bodyguard,Corporate Soldier and others right ?
And every sub-role has ''Origin'' type of story. So for example if I choose to be a Soldier i will be sent to a war to fight for the corporation that hired me ?

I know,too many questions,im noob :D

Well, it's a hard question, really.

for the P'n P game (2020), it's pretty easy.
For the game, we still don't "Really" know if there will be roles the old-school way, or if they're going to refresh the gameplay, like Fallout, or Skyrim, not a "real" classes, but a lot of skill to up, maybe some "specific" like the one made only for a role (Combat sense for a Solo, Authority for a Cop, etc...)
Gameplay wise, i really don't know how they'll make a Techie interesting for example, he's just good to repair stuff, he can fight, etc... but his "best skill" is to fix things, so i could easily see this as a skill more than a role, same for Fixer, or Medtech, unless CDPR do a single story for each role, otherwise if roles are added for a unique storyline, everyone will do like in 2020:

they'll take Solo, end of story (even more if there is a multiplayer).

I'd rather like an "open" type of role, nothing stop you to be a good solo with a lot of "Combat Sense" and some skill to hack with a few points in Interface.
Roles could be cool, but gameplay-wise, it would be a mess to make it right I think.

That said, let's back to the Solo.

Solo are simply a bunch of Soldier of fortune, seeking for a boss.
I doubt you'll be sent to War (unless we call Night City a warfield, and in a certain way, it's pretty accurate lol)
It'll not really be Sub-Roles, but you'll probably find a job in a corporation as body guard, "black agent" (they'll send you to "erase" someone who needs to be wiped out), well a bunch of dirty works usualy, meaning you'll have a lot of new enemies after each mission you'll do.

In fact, don't get the picture "heroic badass assassin-cyber-soldier", a Solo is most of the time a psychotic border-line type of person if he works for himself, or he'll just being a puppet for his boss if he find any : "Ok Mr Blablabla, go kill Mr Asayuka" you : "Yes boss", that's it.
(And don't try to outsmart your boss, because he probably have better Solo than you to send after you if you try to disobey)
Still, you'll be THE badass in the room when it'll come to fight, but otherwise Solo are just Assassin / Soldiers, a puppets controlled by hands above.
For your job, you'll probably have a lot of different job to do as a Solo, no worry about it. Body guard, soldier, etc.... everything who need you to kill people and wearing a big gun.

Honnestly, the best picture of a Solo in Cyberpunk 2020 i can think of, would be something like "Leon" by Luc Besson.
Or the main character in the movie Nemesis (if you like cyber solo who blows everything on his way, you'll be pleased ;) )
[video=youtube;nETmcF3FY-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nETmcF3FY-A[/video]

About the "Origin Story", in 2020 it's done with your character creation, just need to throw a bunch of dice, and it generate a storyline.
It'll probably works the same in 77, with a randomly generated biography for your character (if it's the same than in 2020, it'll be fun, my bro' play a Media, he's "Jessica Fletcher", the old lady from "she wrote murders" lol, and in his biography he falled on "You're psychotic since you beaten your last partner to death", it's pretty fun to have Jessica Fletcher trying to fight with everyone during her psychotic crisis haha.

No problem with questions Shnee' :)
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people"

Wow , did not expected that detailed answer. Thanks a lot

You're welcome, don't mind to ask, people here will be happy to answer them :)

The Cyberpunk's background is pretty fat actualy, but what you have to keep in mind is that it'll not be like any other video game where you play the "good guy who always win".
Cyberpunk's concept is that you have to play an "anti-hero", someone who live in a crappy world, and just deal with it.
Sniffing drugs, stealing food, beating people to steal their item, doing illegal jobs, etc...
You'll be on the run, always, because you can't control anything downhere.
The few time you'll have a "home" you'll regret your Hotel coffin, because every "poors" are going to loot you (and since there is only 5% of the US ppl who have an actual work, it make a LOT of poor who're willing to steal you... you follow me? ;) )

That's the kind of world we're going to have if it's done correctly, if people are shocked by GTA, they still hadn't see anything.

In Cyberpunk, you just try to survive the chaos around you, there is nothing to win, except some dollars, and nothing to lose, except your life.
It's not that easy, but if you're awaiting for a game ala Mass Effect or Deus Ex (world / character - wise), you'll be disapointed.
Yes there will be cop, corporations, etc...
But in cyberpunk, everyone is an asshole (and a criminal, as ChrisWebb said), including you ;).
Like a giant chain of people try to screw other people, who try to screw other people, etc...
So no batcave, no "Mr nice guy" (the few time you'll do good things, will be by doing bad things, if you see what i mean, stealing, killing, etc...), no "super-hero-time", etc... it's not a simple world, it's like our world, no one born "bad" or "good", and even bad guys can actually be nice guys, vise versa.

You're welcome, don't mind to ask, people here will be happy to answer them :)

The Cyberpunk's background is pretty fat actualy, but what you have to keep in mind is that it'll not be like any other video game where you play the "good guy who always win".
Cyberpunk's concept is that you have to play an "anti-hero", someone who live in a crappy world, and just deal with it.
Sniffing drugs, stealing food, beating people to steal their item, doing illegal jobs, etc...
You'll be on the run, always, because you can't control anything downhere.
The few time you'll have a "home" you'll regret your Hotel coffin, because every "poors" are going to loot you (and since there is only 5% of the US ppl who have an actual work, it make a LOT of poor who're willing to steal you... you follow me? ;) )

That's the kind of world we're going to have if it's done correctly, if people are shocked by GTA, they still hadn't see anything.

In Cyberpunk, you just try to survive the chaos around you, there is nothing to win, except some dollars, and nothing to lose, except your life.
It's not that easy, but if you're awaiting for a game ala Mass Effect or Deus Ex (world / character - wise), you'll be disapointed.
Yes there will be cop, corporations, etc...
But in cyberpunk, everyone is an asshole (and a criminal, as ChrisWebb said), including you ;).
Like a giant chain of people try to screw other people, who try to screw other people, etc...
So no batcave, no "Mr nice guy" (the few time you'll do good things, will be by doing bad things, if you see what i mean, stealing, killing, etc...), no "super-hero-time", etc... it's not a simple world, it's like our world, no one born "bad" or "good", and even bad guys can actually be nice guys, vise versa.

oh man you really understand what Cyberpunk is about.

would be awesome if GTA looks like a little child game in contrast to CP2077.

It should be.
GTA has a "calm" city, filled with middle class people, the only "thug" here is you, if you choose to play a random game when you finished the story.
It would be a good base for Cyberpunk, whatever anyone would say, when it comes to "Modern sandbox city with free roam liberty" GTA is on the top list.
For me, a perfect Cyberpunk 2077 would be a world like GTA, lots of crowd, lots of car, lots of "side animation", random event happening sometimes, like in GTA V. Gameplay wise i'd say Deus Ex is pretty good too, with the cover system who could works nice with the one in Cyberpunk 2020.
Just a mix of them, with a real "Role play" side like Fallout (talking about RPG Action) would be perfect.
CDPR don't need to totaly reinvent the wheel. Just take what's best in wheel makers to make a good one.

But in cyberpunk, in some part of the town, you'd be in the middle of the mess, riots, heist, police intervention, gunfight between gangs or police, etc...
In GTA remove the "player's violence" and you'll have a peacefull world, more or less.
I expect CP77 to make the shit hit the fan and showing us what is a real distopic futurist city the cyberpunk's way hehe.
Some street scenes from Strange Days comes to mind, i can't find any footage on Youtube, but street-wise, it's the closer vision of what some parts of Night City would look like: Riots, molotovs, looting, drug, prostitution, anti-riot cops, a lot of dirty clubs, etc.... It's how it works with criminality and low life usualy.
Just look the trailer around 2:00 (or better, watch the movie lol)
In a way, this movie is way more cyberpunk than Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic or Robocop.
It stay "raw & dirty", it stay in the street, just replace "Los Angeles" by "Night City" and you even can make a Quest for your players, being some Braindance dealers. It just lacks Cybernetics, but it's not so bad to don't have them (seeing how bad some FX where at the time, it's better without.)

Night City itself need to be "messy", no "nice" citizens of any sort (except for some corporate who lives in their babel towers and thinks the world is pink and filled with rainbows)

It should be.
GTA has a "calm" city, filled with middle class people, the only "thug" here is you, if you choose to play a random game when you finished the story.
It would be a good base for Cyberpunk, whatever anyone would say, when it comes to "Modern sandbox city with free roam liberty" GTA is on the top list.
For me, a perfect Cyberpunk 2077 would be a world like GTA, lots of crowd, lots of car, lots of "side animation", random event happening sometimes, like in GTA V. Gameplay wise i'd say Deus Ex is pretty good too, with the cover system who could works nice with the one in Cyberpunk 2020.
Just a mix of them, with a real "Role play" side like Fallout (talking about RPG Action) would be perfect.
CDPR don't need to totaly reinvent the wheel. Just take what's best in wheel makers to make a good one.

But in cyberpunk, in some part of the town, you'd be in the middle of the mess, riots, heist, police intervention, gunfight between gangs or police, etc...
In GTA remove the "player's violence" and you'll have a peacefull world, more or less.
I expect CP77 to make the shit hit the fan and showing us what is a real distopic futurist city the cyberpunk's way hehe.
Some street scenes from Strange Days comes to mind, i can't find any footage on Youtube, but street-wise, it's the closer vision of what some parts of Night City would look like: Riots, molotovs, looting, drug, prostitution, anti-riot cops, a lot of dirty clubs, etc.... It's how it works with criminality and low life usualy.
In a way, this movie is way more cyberpunk than Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic or Robocop.
It stay "raw & dirty", it stay in the street, just replace "Los Angeles" by "Night City" and you even can make a Quest for your players, being some Braindance dealers. It just lacks Cybernetics, but it's not so bad to don't have them (seeing how bad some FX where at the time, it's better without.)

Night City itself need to be "messy", no "nice" citizens of any sort (except for some corporate who lives in their babel towers and thinks the world is pink and filled with rainbows)

Well, it's a hard question, really.

for the P'n P game (2020), it's pretty easy.
For the game, we still don't "Really" know if there will be roles the old-school way, or if they're going to refresh the gameplay, like Fallout, or Skyrim, not a "real" classes, but a lot of skill to up, maybe some "specific" like the one made only for a role (Combat sense for a Solo, Authority for a Cop, etc...)

On that matter the extreme customization thing is a fine bit of info to specualte what they may have in mind. It leads to kill most of the possible class based metagame and armour size to be a very relevant visual feedback of the enemy you are dealing with (makes sense if you plan for a good list of skills and send an idea of them to players to avoid chaos at the same time). Hence you might get armor "tiers" with very little dedicated stuff (for example stealth stuff to lights and shield stuff to heavies, weapons, skills etc) while all other items stay universal so that things like inventory systems, weight systems and bothersome huds won't be problems but things on their own. Apply it to roles and you may get both light armoured "weak" classes and heavy extremes along with a binar-sih approach to brutal and non lethal, including whatever fills the gaps. Unless they want to mess with size too and balance something different.

i remeber the game was really balanced. The concept was that you coulnd't go around having layer over layer of armor. Reflex penalty FTW. same stuff with the cyberprotection Humanity drop and insanity behind every corner.
The concept is always to stay cyber and punk at the same time, you got style and awesome gadget,but is your punk mind that can keep you alive, or dead.

Sort of continuing your point. In Deus Ex HR there was only mention of mass protests of human augmentation, riots, out of control crime, and the black market kidnapping people and stealing their augments. We never actually got to experience any of these things directly, Like you said, "Night City itself need to be "messy." Cyberpunk 2077 should not shy away from any of these subjects. Imagine playing a a member of the psycho squad and shutting down an illegal black market run by psychos by any means necessary.

Or being apart of the black market and being the one doing the kidnapping, or the dismemberment process. Or just plain being the victim, having to fight your way out, or having an enhanced arm, or leg lopped off, then being left in some alley for dead, and having to just deal with it. maybe they could put some sort of corporate repo-men that find people who are behind on their payments on enhancements, then repossess their products. Or is that too much to handle ? lol

I wonder if the game will have gore, and to what extent they will go. If you can decapitate an enemy, dismember one, or see the aftermath of a black market theft, or illegal dealings gone wrong. I haven't played The Witcher, or the second one, so I don't know if there was gore in them.

Want some Punk ?

Put some gangs ! (Voodoo Boyzs, Bozos...)
Put some clubs ! (Afterlife, Forlorn hope...)
Put some drugs !

RIP Johnny.

i remeber the game was really balanced. The concept was that you coulnd't go around having layer over layer of armor. Reflex penalty FTW. same stuff with the cyberprotection Humanity drop and insanity behind every corner.
The concept is always to stay cyber and punk at the same time, you got style and awesome gadget,but is your punk mind that can keep you alive, or dead.

Wasn't talking about c2020, but armor tiers are supposed to be player models.

Wasn't talking about c2020, but armor tiers are supposed to be player models.

i was answering somebody else than ,time to use reply with quote ^_^

about what you say armour-class relation, i agree with you but anyway an arasaka guard will always be hardcore as a militech; as much a group of low level nomads will be light armoured as booster in the combat zone.
I also hope to get in contact with solos camo as hoboes eating garbage with a full plate armour and 20% of human tissue left,but this is another story :p

@Emicrania Wait, armor tiers are player models. I'm not really into rpg's, but it should be common to find some stats like the hp one to boost up to wear "heavier" clothes. Your light armor guy might wear pijamas.
Because of the extreme customization, size is even more important than it should be. I only picked armor tiers because they tend to classes that won't likely exists, 'cause it's been done before and because extremely variable configuration enforces chaos and will likely result in a single config for all roles (probably a ninja hacker thing with its huge inventory). IIRC they also talked about learning loads of skills and while you may mix things up at start you' ll likely tend to some skill specialization that defines a particular role whether it's your actual role or not. :/ The same might apply to weapons and tools or whatever if it wasn't for inventory restrictions (not the slot restriction, just the inventory depending from tiers (stats) and weapons).
Again, they may balance things around something different but i feel armor tiers are a decent feedback on what npc's carrying and skilled at given some restrictions to promote loads of things (decisional metagame, party/team play etcetc). To me, it looks easier to balance compared to time eating stuff like, say, weight systems and weird level shit.

Or being apart of the black market and being the one doing the kidnapping, or the dismemberment process. Or just plain being the victim, having to fight your way out, or having an enhanced arm, or leg lopped off, then being left in some alley for dead, and having to just deal with it. maybe they could put some sort of corporate repo-men that find people who are behind on their payments on enhancements, then repossess their products. Or is that too much to handle ? lol

It would be totaly awesome, and would fit the Cyberpunk universe perfectly, that's the kind of mission i'm waiting for.
"Being the good guy who's gonna save the day" is too generic, i'd have more fun being an asshole.
That said, you should being able to have a choice, being a "good" guy or a "bad" one.
It's what cyberpunk is about anyway.

I wonder if the game will have gore, and to what extent they will go. If you can decapitate an enemy, dismember one, or see the aftermath of a black market theft, or illegal dealings gone wrong. I haven't played The Witcher, or the second one, so I don't know if there was gore in them.

Here, I think it's going to have gore and dismemberment, it's already a mecanics in the game (if one of your limb takes 8 damages points or more in one shot, your arm/leg is ripped off or destroyed and unusable), and one bullet in the head kills you.
So i can figure that you'll be able to dismember people by shooting them with a shotgun, etc...

That would be even funnier during a street shootout, gory mess, and cripled enemies lol.

Yes it bugged me too on DE : HR, they talk a lot of "riot" "limb stealer", but nothing is shown, it wouldn't be there nobody would've care.
Deus Ex is a good start of a cyberpunk game, it has good basis wich CDPR can learn over, but i'm waiting for a lot more, Deus Ex feeled more like a "kid/teenage" cyberpunk ride (illuminati, no gore, alcool / no drugs, etc...), it's a good game, but nothing close to how messy Cyberpunk Rpg should be.

Honnestly, i'd want some crazy scene, being a cop, arresting a bunch of punk "Hey! do you have your driving licence?" then they go all "Fuck ya! here is my licence asshole!" as they start to shoot at me.

I want to be able to "piss" the police too, seeing a riot at the other side of the street, thowing molotov on the anti-riot cops, as i get my Dorph fix, stealing their weapon to beat their cop friends with it, things like that.

Yes we need a good non-linear story, a lots of good side-story, but we need a lot a random events too, just for the fun of it.
Who never dreamed about doing an urban riot, stealing the anti-riot squad vehicule, and using it against them? hahaha.

It's a lil the same in GTA thought, but i'm waiting on something more "living", in GTA cops only come by when you start to shoot all around, they need to be more "aggresive" (and please, make them use grenades... in GTA they never use them, so it's too much easy to kill them:
Just find a dead end corridor, and wait....

I want to piss my pants when Night City cops are after me... but having a good laught at the same time.
The world need to be hysteric, filled with color and decadance, something totaly crazy, something cyberpunk haha.

Top Bottom