All Quiet On The Eastern Front - The Rant-Thread

+

I really like what Star Citizen is doing, interacting with the community, taking feedback, and release artwork, blog very often. Making the audiences feel attached and involved. That's one way to build a fan base and hype.

I really like what Star Citizen is doing, interacting with the community, taking feedback, and release artwork, blog very often. Making the audiences feel attached and involved. That's one way to build a fan base and hype.

the Witcher forum (also from CD) is like this, so we can hope for something like this in the future

After TW3 will be released ....

As they're overlapping development, I'm hoping that they also overlap the PR. They started to give out info on TW3 at the beginning of 2013.

And Star Citizen is crowd-sourced, the community is funding development. That makes a big difference.

I think it would be a mistake to postpone info on '77 till after TW3 released. They created huge hype with the initial CGI trailer, they need to capatilize on that within a few months time or people will think the game is never coming.

I think it would be a mistake to postpone info on '77 till after TW3 released. They created huge hype with the initial CGI trailer, they need to capatilize on that within a few months time or people will think the game is never coming.

Finally someone who understands me.

Finally someone who understands me.

I think you may need to re-read slim's earlier post in the thread.

There's a big difference between complaining because they haven't already released information, and thinking that they shouldn't wait until the TW3 launch.

I think you may need to re-read slim's earlier post in the thread.

There's a big difference between complaining because they haven't already released information, and thinking that they shouldn't wait until the TW3 launch.

I think I know best what I may have to do, thank you.

I understand your frustration OEDO, but this is their baby, their project. We have little to no say over how they want to do it. I personally feel they shouldn't wait too much longer for more reveals, but that's just me playing amateur PR guy.

I think I know best what I may have to do, thank you.

Well, on the basis of evidence and applied to results gained from efforts expended...yeah.

Anyway.

I'm sure there will be lots of stuff on CP2077 before W3 releases, since as much as ti might detract from hype right now, as the W3 release date nears and CP2077 gets more content, there will probably also be a lot of shared attention.

Let's ballpark a timeframe for the next major info drop, for shits and giggles.

I see a few more interviews from now until late spring. Then some content, maybe another trailer or some concept shots in late spring, early summer. I'd be surprised to see a gameplay video before W3 releases, but I'd bet on some firming of what Roles will be in the game and the status on vehicles by the end of next summer, maybe early Fall.

So, talking out of my ass here:

Winter, 1st Q 2014: CP2077 interview or two, maybe a screenshot or concept art. W3 hype rolling steadily.

Spring 2014: another few interviews, perhaps another trailer. W3 hype coming in fast.

Summer 2014: A trailer by now if not in spring, a thorough interview piece or five. W3 hypetrain at fullspeed by now.

Fall 2014: Size of City, Roles, Vehicles, Multiplayer status. W3 released. I stop talking to you vermin whilst I immerse myself in all things Geralt. ( I kid. I hate you too much to not show up here).

Winter 2014-2015: Gameplay trailer, maybe? Or a few months break while they focus on dealing with W3 bug PR fallout. Could go either way.

Spring 2015: Hype train for 2077 starts to rev in earnest. Lots of interviews, gameplay trailer for sure, journos playing it. Several of us travel to Poland and conduct a daring midnight raid on CDPR offices for the beta. Wanted: Netrunner, 2 Solos, Nomad, Corporate, Tech, Cop. No rockerboys, please.

Summer 2015: I'm sorry, did you say something? I'm over here in jail, playing my 2077 beta. Go away.

I'm not sure.

Look at the CP2077 trailer as a "probe". They released it because they announced the game, but they also had the opportunity to "measure" the amount of hype the title can create. And honestly, for one trailer and no further info, it generated a HUGE amount of hype, which eventually will be even bigger than the one TW3 now has(yeah, I know, it's hard to imagine!).

So it's quite a delicate situation they have right now from PR/marketing standpoint. They need to advertise TW3 heavily, as it's their biggest, most ambitious and most expensive project to date and it simply cannot fail. It has to sell a lot better than TW1 and TW2, considering it's being developed on 3 platforms simultaineously, which costs them more. At the same time, they also need info about CP2077 start dripping, but not so it takes away the spotlight from TW3. So it's a PR catch 22 if you ask me.

As much as I would love to see more about CP2077, media & gaming community have to talk about TW3 right now. Ironically, it's in our best interest, so a chunk of gazillions TW3 makes can go into CP2077 development and make it the game we all want it to be.

I don't expect anything more than a few interviews and concept art/screenshots before TW3 release. I mean, TW3 is set to release in 2014 and so far we got only 2 short trailers, showing probably around 9.8 s of gameplay in total - less then a year before release! So they might as well start releasing trailers for CP2077 Autumn/Winter 2014, as the game doesn't really have a release date in any form yet (2015 is the target, but not really set in stone).

That's all unless CDPR's marketing geniuses decide that CP2077 hype can help TW3's one, which so far I doubt.

I'm not sure.

Look at the CP2077 trailer as a "probe". They released it because they announced the game, but they also had the opportunity to "measure" the amount of hype the title can create. And honestly, for one trailer and no further info, it generated a HUGE amount of hype, which eventually will be even bigger than the one TW3 now has(yeah, I know, it's hard to imagine!).

So it's quite a delicate situation they have right now from PR/marketing standpoint. They need to advertise TW3 heavily, as it's their biggest, most ambitious and most expensive project to date and it simply cannot fail. It has to sell a lot better than TW1 and TW2, considering it's being developed on 3 platforms simultaineously, which costs them more. At the same time, they also need info about CP2077 start dripping, but not so it takes away the spotlight from TW3. So it's a PR catch 22 if you ask me.

As much as I would love to see more about CP2077, media & gaming community have to talk about TW3 right now. Ironically, it's in our best interest, so a chunk of gazillions TW3 makes can go into CP2077 development and make it the game we all want it to be.

I don't expect anything more than a few interviews and concept art/screenshots before TW3 release. I mean, TW3 is set to release in 2014 and so far we got only 2 short trailers, showing probably around 9.8 s of gameplay in total - less then a year before release! So they might as well start releasing trailers for CP2077 Autumn/Winter 2014, as the game doesn't really have a release date in any form yet (2015 is the target, but not really set in stone).

That's all unless CDPR's marketing geniuses decide that CP2077 hype can help TW3's one, which so far I doubt.

good explanation looks like you understand it

OK. I'm going to disagree with a fellow-mod on this :)

Even though there're a lot of people who will enjoy both games, there's also plenty who are only interested in one of the games, so I don't think that publicising CP77 will distract attention from TW3. The media will have the capacity to handle interviews and other publicity for both games too, and I'm sure that they'll cross-fertilise, when they talk about one game, there'll be reminders of the other one.

So as long as CDPR themselves have the resources to promote both, I don't think that generating interest in CP77 will harm TW3, if anything it will widen the audience.

So what *I* think would be feasible in 2014 for CP77 is something similar to what we've seen this year for TW3 - interviews, screenshots, a couple of trailers, answers to some of the questions raised in the forums and elsewhere. Maybe not as many interviews as they've given for TW3, but definitely an adequate number. As with TW3, I don't expect to see gameplay videos, or get revelations on the storyline.

And I don't expect CP77 to be high-profile at big events like E3, where they will need to make a choice of focus, and it should be on TW3.

We'll be lucky if the game comes out in 2015 at all.

If this pessimism is due to the lack of info, I don't think it's justified. Remember that they said NOTHING about TW3 until this year, even though everyone was pretty sure that they were making the game.

If this pessimism is due to the lack of info, I don't think it's justified. Remember that they said NOTHING about TW3 until this year, even though everyone was pretty sure that they were making the game.

its justified, they are working on a new IP which needs a lot of time and they anounced CP2077 really early in their process. The Witcher 3 dont need as much time as CP2077, they worked a long time with this IP and its the end of a triology so many things were already planned.

Top Bottom