DLC: What do you prefer? The poll. ! ENDING SPOILERS !

+

What kind of story do you hope to see in DLC?

• Continuation of V's story. Hope he/she survives (finds a cure/way out of cyberspace)

• Prequel to V's story. Events before meeting Johnny

• Prequel to Johnny's story. Events before meeting V

• Additional story within the main game, after meeting Johnny and before infiltrating Mikoshi

• A story not related to V or Johnny. Quest about a new hero or some of V's friends

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would like a DLC who fit with all endings (easy way, before point of non return). If I have to play an other ending than Star to play a DLC, I'll be very disappointed :(
(if it's a DLC like Nuka Cola World in Fallout 4 where you have to attack your own colonies when you're finish with the Minutemens... it will be the worst DLC possible, for me at least...)

4 or 5, basically anything but a cheesy convenient fan-serving rewrite allowing V to live on. V's dead baby, to paraphrase Butch in Pulp Fiction. I suppose they could release a mini DLC where you get to watch him / her slowly die sat on a veranda with Pan Am or whoever agonising nearby, but where's the gameplay in that?

Last edited:
4 or 5, basically anything but a cheesy convenient fan-serving rewrite allowing V to live on. V's dead baby, to paraphrase Butch in Pulp Fiction. I suppose they could release a mini DLC where you get to watch him / her slowly die sat on a veranda with Pan Am or whoever agonising nearby, but where's the gameplay in that?

Yeah, but it's a shitty ending in a plot about literally discovering the secret of immortality. Fallout 3 forced you to die and it was a dumb decision there too that they reversed.

The easiest way to fix it, though is to have you wake up in a lab somewhere with a chip in your head and say Arasaka or whoever used it to download V's brain patterns into a new cloned body.

"You mean, I'm dead?"

"I mean, yes and no?"

Yeah, but it's a shitty ending in a plot about literally discovering the secret of immortality. Fallout 3 forced you to die and it was a dumb decision there too that they reversed.

The easiest way to fix it, though is to have you wake up in a lab somewhere with a chip in your head and say Arasaka or whoever used it to download V's brain patterns into a new cloned body.

"You mean, I'm dead?"

"I mean, yes and no?"

You are most welcome to your opinion Sir.

Well either way, AI V is going to live in both the Arasaka and Blackwall endings.

The question is whether AI V is actually V-V.

But I'd argue that AI V is the only V that exists in every ending because Meat V dies when they upload themselves into Mikoshi.

Continuation wouldn't work since in one of the endings V commits suicide (which would also rule out V returning for a sequel). I chose prequel before the whole relic business because I want to spend more time with Jackie. Give us a large quest line with Jackie.

Continuation wouldn't work since in one of the endings V commits suicide (which would also rule out V returning for a sequel). I chose prequel before the whole relic business because I want to spend more time with Jackie. Give us a large quest line with Jackie.

I think we can call that a game over. They ignored Shepard dying as a legitimate ending of Mass Effect 2 after all.

I didnt hate the original ending... because it seemed so obvious that it was setting up a DLC continuation. I cant say that for certain until it is announced or denied, but I cant believe CD Projekt Red would take the risk of making a game that people who liked the game, (ie played to the end,) wouldnt want to play again due to unsatisfying endings.

As for the people who dont want a happy ending, fine if thats how you feel, given that there is the option for V to end things without going to Mikoshi, I would imagine that another opportunity to end things may well be included in any DLC continuation. Having said that, dont knock people for wanting a happy ending. People wanting an escape from the way the world is at the moment is entirely understandable.

I didnt hate the original ending... because it seemed so obvious that it was setting up a DLC continuation. I cant say that for certain until it is announced or denied, but I cant believe CD Projekt Red would take the risk of making a game that people who liked the game, (ie played to the end,) wouldnt want to play again due to unsatisfying endings.

I point out Mass Effect 3. It may also simply be they dont' feel inclined to make a new ending since it probably won't draw in new buyers.

As for happy endings, the writers may think this is deeper and genuinely believe in their vision.

I point out Mass Effect 3. It may also simply be they dont' feel inclined to make a new ending since it probably won't draw in new buyers.

As for happy endings, the writers may think this is deeper and genuinely believe in their vision.
Entirely possible, I didnt say that a happy ending was guaranteed. Merely that the ending felt... Obviously incomplete to me.
As for the ending of Mass Effect 3, Bioware messed that up. It didnt fit the philosophy of the ensding in the first two games, where player choice mattered and was respected, if you jumped through enough hoops you could save everybody.
I played the hell out of the first two. I havent even intalled the third one and have no interest in doing so.

I can said only : Happy ending don't fit for Night City and the cyberpunk world.
But I'm not an expert, it's just an impression that I have :)
My preference for a happy ending aside, I agree with you, Cyberpunk is a darker world.

That doesnt mean that V has to die right now though. The game is about V's struggle to survive against overwhelming odds.

If you start every story in the Cyberpunk world with the premise that the 'hero' is going to die a miserable death and that the events of the game are merely a way to change which type of misery you get, then CD Projekt Red will have a hard time selling any DLC or the next game.

Also, its not like living in the Cyberpunk world is exactly easy at the best of times either, a win for V might be living out his life with Panam in the middle of the desert helping her run that tribe of Nomads, the threat of his condition being retriggered by some random piece of cyberware, constantly short of food, money and supplies only to die in some pointless accident/skirmish 10 years down the line with their kids not even half grown... Doesnt sound that unlike the Cyberpunk world to me.
Some people must be able to survive long enough to perpetuate the species.

Outside of gameworld logic though there is also real world logic. CD Projekt Red are in a poor position at the moment in terms of whats happened to them since the launch of the game. Public image and fan trust are both low. They really need Cyberpunk to turn around one way or another. It may have sold well enough in its own right, but at this moment in time how well would Cyberpunk 2 sell?

Fixing more bugs, adding more DLC, giving the game at least the option of a better ending are all things that will help bring players who have already bought Cyberpunk, back to the game and therefore possibly into Cyberpunk 2.

It may also extend the shelf life of the game somewhat, as I know at least a couple of people who are interested in Cyberpunk but wont purchase it until the game gets sorted out.

As I said before none of this is anything more than speculation, CD Prjekt Red could keep shooting themselves in the foot. We will just have to wait and see.

I played the hell out of the first two. I havent even intalled the third one and have no interest in doing so.
One reason, who justify to install ME3 (even without completing the game and even if you hate the endings) :
Tali'zorah on Rannoch
In my opinion, the best moment in the whole trilogy.
Tali_Rannoch.png
If you start every story in the Cyberpunk world with the premise that the 'hero' is going to die a miserable death and that the events of the game are merely a way to change which type of misery you get, then CD Projekt Red will have a hard time selling any DLC or the next game.
That's only my opinion,
In The Star Ending, V doesn't die "miserably". V does not live a "long" life, it's true, but with a family, with people he/she can count on. Honestly, it's not as bad (it could sound stupid, but RL, many poeple doesn't have even this "little" luck).
In the Sun Ending (not my taste), but V doesn't die miserably. He/She will die soon, it's also true, but after having achieved the biggest heist ever attempted. A true legend, enough to make Smasher look like a simple unknow.

But anyway, we'll see if something changes in future DLCs, maybe, maybe not, who know ;)

Honestly, were I a purely mercenary corporate executive, I'd put a GOLDEN ENDING in one of the DLC to incentivize purchases.

"With the help of Night Corp, your brain is healed!"

Free DLCs are welcomed if they fix broken stuff or add cut content or fix the ending.

Anything they want money for will never get on my harddrive one way or another. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Free DLCs are welcomed if they fix broken stuff or add cut content or fix the ending.

Anything they want money for will never get on my harddrive one way or another. [...]

They've been fixing stuff, including driving and the police, for eight months so I'm not sure what the first line means.

Top Bottom