Communication and the Road Ahead

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Communicate or not people will moan, they will moan CDPR are not doing the right thing. Might as well not communicate as it seems rather a wasted effort

CDPR should be well used to people moaning now after years as a top gaming company, even if what's gone on with this game has got out of hand at times. By choosing not to say a thing it leaves every single player completely in the dark about what's currently happening and risks making things more negative as each day passes. I don't think that's a good idea.

People say they want info but then ignore what they have been told. Despite extensive patch notes people still say the patches did nothing, hell people are still moaning about perks being broken even though I believe now most if not all of them are fixed. Did people not want their perks fixed? Pawel speaks during his stream and his words are immediately taken out of context but if you watched the stream, it was pretty clear he isn't promising a DLC for august/july. Communicate or not people will moan, they will moan CDPR are not doing the right thing. Might as well not communicate as it seems rather a wasted effort
Could you give me an example of a perk getting fixed in a patch note? I checked my text notes with all the patch notes and the word perk appears 5 times and just once was it a fix for a perk. Do i have to do a crossreference for every single perk name in the game to see it or?

Communicate or not people will moan, they will moan CDPR are not doing the right thing. Might as well not communicate as it seems rather a wasted effort

It amazes me how some people are willing to defend CDPR at all costs like it's some sort of holy mission.

It's certainly not the people's fault if CDPR chose to release a game in need of one or two more years of development. And it's certainly not the people's fault if they have now decided to take the radio-silence approach. At CDPR they are grown adults i think, and they are capable of taking their own decisions regarding their own products.

I can understand many are CDPR's diehard fans around here, but to simply say "it's the people's fault! People are too impatient! People are never happy! Shut up people, let CDPR in peace!", equals to denying every bit of responsibility from CDPR's part.

They mismanaged many things (especially on the PR side) and they are now facing the consequences, simple as that. Again, they are grown adults, more than capable of expressing their own opinion and defending themselves if they want.

Oh yeah, they already admitted a lot of their errors in that "we're very sorry" video, so actually CDPR are the first ones to admit many things has been underestimated. I don't see them saying "it's the people's fault if this or that".

[...] To say "it's the people's fault" is like saying "do it again next time CDPR by all means, and please, teach other software houses to do exactly as you did! Way to go CDPR!!!". This kind of approach from diehard fans in the long run can hurt the industry, and the consumers, much more than the "people moaning".

Last edited by a moderator:
"blows my mind the perk changes being discussed here. why was not a single perk fix/nerf/buff etc. in the patch notes?? i would wager most people care more about knowing how perks were changed rather than something like "Fixed an issue preventing player from receiving holocalls if they left the train station during With a Little Help from My Friends." Taken from that redit. Pretty much sums it up for me but i dont know. Perks that works or dont you have to test yourself pretty much.

There is patience and then there is common sense. If it takes them longer than a console generation to finish a game, the whole effort is pointless.
PS4 came out 8 years ago, prey and diablo 3 with their 11 years dev time say this is just what you think, not what is true

It amazes me how some people are willing to defend CDPR at all costs like it's some sort of holy mission.

What amazes me is how in one topic, we're told we should avoid Reddit as a horrible cesspool of misinformation, while in another we should be relying on it for "in-depth" patch notes :facepalm:

What amazes me is how in one topic, we're told we should avoid Reddit as a horrible cesspool of misinformation, while in another we should be relying on it for "in-depth" patch notes :facepalm:
A spreadsheet built up and maintained of perks that work is very different from the reddit scuttlebutt and mischievous misinformation some put out. 160 upvotes for some guy claiming he had discovered a cut content secret tunnel, which turned out to be the nomad ending just they couldn't wait to put down the game shows some of the bias of those boards. I browse the reddits regular, the balanced stuff is very far and few between. It pays to double check sources and not just blindly believe everything and most people do take posts on faith especially if it agrees with them. if they didn't then headlines in national rags wouldn't be in the state they are in. I followed that perk spreadsheet since release.

I'd love cdpr to communicate more, I'd love to know all the ins and outs of development what they are working on and where they are going, I'm holding off on my next playthrough waiting for 1.3 or would I be finished it by the time 1.3 comes out, I'd love to know an estimate of release but they just aren't going to do that because of the backlash they will get from some of the community. Fix bugs first, get DLC now, why aren't you working on this?

I want next gen to be released, I want next gen updates to be carried over to the PC version of the game to improve the graphics still further, I don't notice the pop-ins, I do notice the clones. I could turn down crowd density but meh, I'll live with it its not game breaking, I had 18 people all dressed in pink down one street... I've had more clones in one variety in a random street in cyberpunk than RDR2 had NPC's in it's busiest high street,. swings and roundabouts.

As of june there was at least a few hundred people working on CP2077 according to forbes, I've been told they are working on DLC, next gen and bugs/fixes and they will tell us when they are ready. It will be ready when its ready, impatience will only cause frustration

I think the problem is you assume people think communication is a priority for people who are sick and pissed off about the game's brokeness.

For a lot of us, the problem isn't telling us whether or not they're fixing X or Y but that X and Y isn't fixed yet.

It's a low priority for me because my primary desire is that they just get the damn thing working.

As of june there was at least a few hundred people working on CP2077 according to forbes, I've been told they are working on DLC, next gen and bugs/fixes and they will tell us when they are ready. It will be ready when its ready, impatience will only cause frustration

My own frustration isn't the general lack of communication from CDPR. It's more in the knowledge that certain measures which were taken for the benefit of the "overall" perspective, were largely unnecessary to the more "targeted" perspective. Visual fidelity to be more precise. My PC didn't "need" the throttling measures which were necessary to improve performance on consoles. The game was performing just fine for me in that regard.

But I got those measures anyway. Like it or not.

My own frustration isn't the general lack of communication from CDPR. It's more in the knowledge that certain measures which were taken for the benefit of the "overall" perspective, were largely unnecessary to the more "targeted" perspective. Visual fidelity to be more precise. My PC didn't "need" the throttling measures which were necessary to improve performance on consoles. The game was performing just fine for me in that regard.

same here, I understand why they chose to do this so they are all working on one code base and the red engine should on paper be able to scale the graphic layer up or down depending on the system it's played on, I figure unfortunately it really isn't playing nicely with this for real world reasons. This is why I'm hoping the next gen update will fix this for PC's which can handle the higher performance. Personally I'd have left the last gen consoles behind.

Bethesdas port of skyrim left us the console UI which is just horrid. Flicking down those inventory menus with up down and select when I have had a mouse at hand was just inane. Modders saved skyrim and made it playable on PC else I would never have given it more than a few minutes

I wonder what this will do for PCs when they release Next Generation Cyberpunk 2077 a.k.a Punk Harderer.

I wonder what this will do for PCs when they release Next Generation Cyberpunk 2077 a.k.a Punk Harderer.
Sadly not much is my guess. Pc is the hardest too optimise for since theres such a vide variety. can it get better? i fricking hope so but. Yea im not holding my breath. So far all the optimisation notes in patches has been downgrading but i havent seen any fps improvment at all so kinda weird...

I'm hoping it's more than just "back to where it was".

+30 FPS and graphic fidelity over what I had before these patches would be really sweet.

Sadly not much is my guess. Pc is the hardest too optimise for since theres such a vide variety. can it get better? i fricking hope so but. Yea im not holding my breath. So far all the optimisation notes in patches has been downgrading but i havent seen any fps improvment at all so kinda weird...

*cough* FSR *cough* :p

I know. I was more referring to the "wide variety" you mentioned ;)
Yea might help with that, but then you have Cpu/ram/speed of harddrives. Driver updates. theres so menny variables to consider. with a ps5 you have 1 config. thats why ppl allways say consoles are so well optimised. Pc can be too you just need a good scaleble engien. seems that red4 isent that great at it. This time they nerfed it after release.. witcher 3 also recived a pretty hardcore nerf too gfx before release. Its becomming a trend id say :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom