Communication and the Road Ahead

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so sure it will even matter soon tbh. Yea next gen patch will probably bring in some players that already hade the game on ps4 and so on and i bet the current players will skyrocket for while but without new content or big changes in some way it will probably be very short term and i dont think sales will increase that much.

Im the geek gamer in work/friends and most ppl seem to ask me about whats new and if that game is fun. So far ive been very causius about recomending this game since its not that great of a game imo. The bashing they took and the current reputation is a big problem when it comes to goodwill, so far ive not seen anything too help with that... Im the one who said "it will be alright" after the 3 delay CDPR wont mess it up. Hehe yea will take some time untill that trust gets rebuilt ^^

As for future predictions, my bet is that currently CDPR are working on the next-gen update for Xbox Series S/X and PS5 and are targeting the launch of the update for the end of September at the earliest, and late November at the latest to ensure that they can do a huge ad-campaign to drive further sales in line with the Holidays and the PS5 / Xbox Series S/X sales. The update would benefit from being launched early November so they can stabilize the new build before people get it in their hands post x-mas.
I think it is difficult to make any kind of predictions currently, but I still think that the next update - whatever it will be - is around the corner. Otherwise, the QA repository wouldn't have been updated that frequently.

The reason why we've not seen any of the free DLC's is that they might be tied to engine specific changes and enhancements.
It is also possible that they would hold already finished ones back to avoid getting negative press. People would probably not react positively on them releasing a DLC while the game is still allegedly broken.

If it's like the 1.2, it's a "big one" for me :)
(If it wasn't, it would probably be a patch 1.24)
CDPR has been a bit weird when it comes to the naming terminology of their patches, so that's a bit difficult to predict. However, given they've now spent a significant amount of time - the longest actually - on this update I also think that it will be a larger one. That being said, CDPR did neither say nor hint anything in this regard.

Not so sure it will even matter soon tbh. Yea next gen patch will probably bring in some players that already hade the game on ps4 and so on and i bet the current players will skyrocket for while but without new content or big changes in some way it will probably be very short term and i dont think sales will increase that much.
Yes, but this is just the "issue" with non-service, single player games. People stop playing them once they are finished. When new content has been released players will return and then drop the game again. I would like to point out though, that I prefer CP2077 the way it is and I wouldn't have wanted an online game or a service game.

Im the geek gamer in work/friends and most ppl seem to ask me about whats new and if that game is fun. So far ive been very causius about recomending this game since its not that great of a game imo. The bashing they took and the current reputation is a big problem when it comes to goodwill, so far ive not seen anything too help with that... Im the one who said "it will be alright" after the 3 delay CDPR wont mess it up. Hehe yea will take some time untill that trust gets rebuilt ^^
On this point we disagree, for me CP2077 is one of the best games since 2015. (Spoiler Alert: Witcher 3 was released in 2015.) Thus, I also recommend it to friends to a certain degree, since it always depends on personal preferences and you should also manage expectations. The only thing I add is that if they intend to only play it once and then drop it, then they should wait for the expansions. Likewise, if they have time they should wait for the odd patch, but this holds true for each and every game.
As a result, CDPR didn't lose any trust from my side although I acknowledge that the game had/has its issues when it comes to bugs.

Yes, but this is just the "issue" with non-service, single player games. People stop playing them once they are finished. When new content has been released players will return and then drop the game again. I would like to point out though, that I prefer CP2077 the way it is and I wouldn't have wanted an online game or a service game.
True i agree 100% with this. But when it comes to Witcher 3 for example. The reason it still sells pretty well is it has a good reputation. Great value with 100dreds of hours of content and is considered the best RPG by menny ppl. The series just shows how great that game was and even made me who have played trough it several times to reinstall.
On this point we disagree, for me CP2077 is one of the best games since 2015. (Spoiler Alert: Witcher 3 was released in 2015.) Thus, I also recommend it to friends to a certain degree, since it always depends on personal preferences and you should also manage expectations. The only thing I add is that if they intend to only play it once and then drop it, then they should wait for the expansions. Likewise, if they have time they should wait for the odd patch, but this holds true for each and every game.
As a result, CDPR didn't lose any trust from my side although I acknowledge that the game had/has its issues when it comes to bugs.
Im more dissapointed with the game itself then the bugs, for me its way to shot and way to shooter over RPG. My first playtrough wasent even that buggy other then glitches and odd gfx/physics. The patches after has pretty much just given me more bugs and worse gfx tbh. Its not a bad game but i was really expecting much, much more. Especially when it comes to the openworld and the RPG elements. Diffrent brancing story and just world immersion overall.

Was i expecting too much? Yea probably. Still wont change the fact that i was let down by the game and i think that just wont change. There not gonna tailor the game for me and thats fine it just sounded like the game would be right up my alley.

Honestly, I think it is too late for that. Luckily, Cyberpunk 2077 has good sales numbers but I doubt a huge patch could really push that. I still think consistency would be the key, because through that they would clearly show their commitment. One big patch that would fix every single bug would maybe also do the trick, but this won't happen...

Well, the game's reputation is now probably set in stone. They could do what they did earlier and announce an Extended Edition or THE TAKEN KING expansion (which is what Predestiny did over No Man's Sky) but both of those are live services versus a single player game. Really, their biggest benefit from this was to get it functioning to the point of being back on PS4.

Now their vested financial motivation will be to get the Next Generation version up.

They had plans for a Multiplayer one but obviously that would almost certainly not have worked for the broken ass last generation version but I predict they WILL have it going for the Next Generation model.

I will say that I don't think their communication has been THAT bad as they posted investor meeting transcripts, a roadmap, and more but I do think the reason it's not THAT detailed is because they have been trying to fix a very inscrutable problem in a somewhat short amount of time. I wouldn't be surprised if the fan backlash meant a lot of changes to the products and plans.

I will say that I don't think their communication has been THAT bad as they posted investor meeting transcripts, a roadmap, and more but I do think the reason it's not THAT detailed is because they have been trying to fix a very inscrutable problem in a somewhat short amount of time. I wouldn't be surprised if the fan backlash meant a lot of changes to the products and plans.
Isent that a law for publicly traded companys tho? i might be wrong. Yea they are probably afraid of having to delay stuff again and the roadmaps arent exactly detailed. I kinda just wanna know if the plan has changed and if its worth sticking around for.

True i agree 100% with this. But when it comes to Witcher 3 for example. The reason it still sells pretty well is it has a good reputation. Great value with 100dreds of hours of content and is considered the best RPG by menny ppl. The series just shows how great that game was and even made me who have played trough it several times to reinstall.
Yeah, in a way Witcher 3 reigns supreme. I won't compare it with CP2077 for now since I'm not through with it yet. But I've already spent more hours in Night City than for a single W3 playthrough.
Furthermore, the interest in Witcher is fueled by the Netflix series...

Im more dissapointed with the game itself then the bugs, for me its way to shot and way to shooter over RPG. My first playtrough wasent even that buggy other then glitches and odd gfx/physics. The patches after has pretty much just given me more bugs and worse gfx tbh. Its not a bad game but i was really expecting much, much more. Especially when it comes to the openworld and the RPG elements. Diffrent brancing story and just world immersion overall.
1628689390888.png

Interesting because that's a different kind of expectation people most of the time have when it comes to this game. Usually, they would have liked the GTA with a Cyberpunk skin that William Gibson promised. Interestingly enough, I consider the RPG elements on-par with Witcher 3, but that's not difficult because Witcher's RPG elements were not that great. (Hence the two mods linked previously.)
Also, but this is a different discussion, the game has a great openworld that's not in-your-face about funny side activities and the atmosphere is just breathtaking.
1628689668695.png

This also leads to one of the games with the best kind of immersion I have experienced so far. Also, as far as I've heard the story is branching but that's not so easy to notice because it is implemented in a different way. Anyway, this is again a different discussion and one I won't participate because I'm not finished and I would like to avoid any kind of spoilers.

Guest 3847602

Interesting because that's a different kind of expectation people most of the time have when it comes to this game. Usually, they would have liked the GTA with a Cyberpunk skin that William Gibson promised.
He didn't exactly promised as much as he slammed E3 2018 trailer for looking like a generic mix of retro-futurism and GTA. Somehow, over the years, to the sizable chunk of gaming community, similarity to GTA became not only something to not be be embarrassed about, but something to be embraced and to strive for... Insane.

Interesting because that's a different kind of expectation people most of the time have when it comes to this game. Usually, they would have liked the GTA with a Cyberpunk skin that William Gibson promised. Interestingly enough, I consider the RPG elements on-par with Witcher 3, but that's not difficult because Witcher's RPG elements were not that great. (Hence the two mods linked previously.)
Also, but this is a different discussion, the game has a great openworld that's not in-your-face about funny side activities and the atmosphere is just breathtaking.

This also leads to one of the games with the best kind of immersion I have experienced so far. Also, as far as I've heard the story is branching but that's not so easy to notice because it is implemented in a different way. Anyway, this is again a different discussion and one I won't participate because I'm not finished and I would like to avoid any kind of spoilers.
Yea im more in the school of going Cyberpunk with some GTA mechanics(and other games). And dont worry i wont spoil it for you. I find the city pretty but empty. Theres little to do other then gigs/quests. Exploring grants some items or some fun reference at times, but i would have liked interactions especialy like i would expect in a living city. For me it just feels like living in a city with robots pretty much.

He didn't exactly promised as much as he slammed E3 2018 trailer for looking like a generic mix of retro-futurism and GTA. Somehow, over the years, to the sizable chunk of gaming community, similarity to GTA became not only something to not be be embarrassed about, but something to be embraced and to strive for... Insane.

GTA won because a few thousand gamers slamming it meant little to a billion people playing it.

Guest 3847602

GTA won because a few thousand gamers slamming it meant little to a billion people playing it.
I guess so, but even if we disregard "avoid being similar to GTA at all cost" crowd, as a loud minority, we still had many interviews where CDPR staff told us point blank that they don't intend to copy GTA gameplay, anyway.Here are some examples:
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...ft-auto-but-will-allow-players-to-goof-around
https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/29/cyberpunk-2077-deeper-gta-mode/
Still can't wrap my head around large number of people who consider Rockstar games to be the pinnacle of gaming getting on hype train for the game that was clearly never meant to resemble GTA.

Yea im more in the school of going Cyberpunk with some GTA mechanics(and other games). And dont worry i wont spoil it for you. I find the city pretty but empty. Theres little to do other then gigs/quests. Exploring grants some items or some fun reference at times, but i would have liked interactions especialy like i would expect in a living city. For me it just feels like living in a city with robots pretty much.

That's a lack of detailed NPC packaging. Most of the NPCs are running a generic package that basically says "spawn at point X, Y distance from player, travel to point Z, spew this generic line if we bump into the player, despawn when out of player's field of view". The only ones that have any recognizable detailed packaging are the ones with a routine, that interact with things in the world, or hang around a specific area speaking to other packaged NPCs. Like the two girls at the gate outside V's apartment the first time you go there. You show up, trigger their package script, it runs to completion, and then they default to their generic script routine.

The problem isn't that the necessary content isn't available. The problem is that it's underutilized. Bump it up a few notches, in all the key places, and the world would become a lot more "lively".

Gibson has history with perhaps cynical comments what comes to the cyberpunk outside of literature.

I guess so, but even if we disregard "avoid being similar to GTA at all cost" crowd, as loud minority, we still had many interviews where CDPR staff told us point blank that they don't intend to copy GTA gameplay, anyway.Here are some examples:
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...ft-auto-but-will-allow-players-to-goof-around
https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/29/cyberpunk-2077-deeper-gta-mode/
That's interesting. I haven't followed gaming media for ages and wondered if it was media that put that ball rolling but it appears it wasn't them.

That's a lack of detailed NPC packaging. Most of the NPCs are running a generic package that basically says "spawn at point X, Y distance from player, travel to point Z, spew this generic line if we bump into the player, despawn when out of player's field of view". The only ones that have any recognizable detailed packaging are the ones with a routine, that interact with things in the world, or hang around a specific area speaking to other packaged NPCs. Like the two girls at the gate outside V's apartment the first time you go there. You show up, trigger their package script, it runs to completion, and then they default to their generic script routine.

The problem isn't that the necessary content isn't available. The problem is that it's underutilized. Bump it up a few notches, in all the key places, and the world would become a lot more "lively".
Yea i have a feeling theres alot thats not working correctly or just have like you said been underused due to the lack of time. I hanged out by the clothing vendor near Rivers family and noticed there was alot of npc. but they all just sat around doing nothing. A couple walked up to the clothes rack and just stood there staring into the void. I would have expected them to actualy browse. Talk with each other and so on. I dont mind if its scripts, but atleast give me the illusion of life. Same with shoping, i like the way GTA did it for example. Walking around and browsing. A mirror to try on clothes. same with barbers and everything. Kinda have a feeling alot of stuff got skipped over since they were under serious pressure to get the game ready. The whole menu thing is really annoying for me to. It cant be that hard to do some animations for stuff like having a beer at a bar or sitting in a chair browing at the ripper doc.

Only speculations, expectations, unofficial, so nothing in fact :(
At least we have some leaks about 17 new DLCs and 2 expansions coming to game and release dates in The Witcher 3 and CP 2077 patches to make speculations, it's better than nothing. :shrug:

Looks like something that someone pulled from their ass and references cut content twice to get more clicks from cut content theory folks.

Anyone could make one, there's no any information value.

You are wright, there are many possible areas for an expansion that "cut content" doesnt make sense. But I think that some promised game mechanics in game development will come with expansions.

Last edited:
Tbey
They devoted 8 months of development to getting the game fixed, which plenty of companies wouldn't have. I feel like people keep acting like the patches and hotfixes aren't important so far.

When they were.

As for lack of communication, they shared their business meeting on the game in public.
They did share that meeting, months ago. There's plenty of studios out there doing weekly or bi-weekly dev vlogs and roadmaps that stay current. This is the worst lack of communication I've seen from a studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom