Communication and the Road Ahead

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i have a hard time thinking we will get any "cut" content, other then perhaps half finished leftover gigs. Think most of what they cut got removed for either "to hard to implemnent" or "just not fun/dont fit the world"

Guest 3847602

I have seen it in some web site (even in Forbes website), its means that leaks are fake?
I would like to believe that some content will come soon, I wish to see more life in Night City
It means that quasi-journalist who wrote the article fell for a fake leak from reddit. What's even funnier is that this is the second time it happened to him with Cyberpunk DLC leaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It remind me something like that :
For some unknow players
Jully 15th : "Oh yeah, CDPR testing a lot on their testing part of Steam, their is a lot of update/test. I expect that the 1.3 will be released very soon, I hope this week, maybe friday at worst !"
August 11th : "Oh, no 1.3, no update, no infos... that's disappointing"
Expectations... o_O

They devoted 8 months of development to getting the game fixed...
And yet, next to nothing has actually changed on base XB1. They seemed to be making some improvements up until 1.23, when a lot of the things they had fixed were suddenly broken again. A lot hasn't even been addressed yet so far as I can see. I'm hoping those re-broken things are just being held back for 1.3 for some reason... whenever that will be. But I think 1.3 will be the crunch for me personally after waiting for so long. I think if that still doesn't fix it, I'll be uninstalling and not touching another CDPR product with a barge pole.

That's a lack of detailed NPC packaging. Most of the NPCs are running a generic package that basically says "spawn at point X, Y distance from player, travel to point Z, spew this generic line if we bump into the player, despawn when out of player's field of view". The only ones that have any recognizable detailed packaging are the ones with a routine, that interact with things in the world, or hang around a specific area speaking to other packaged NPCs. Like the two girls at the gate outside V's apartment the first time you go there. You show up, trigger their package script, it runs to completion, and then they default to their generic script routine.

The problem isn't that the necessary content isn't available. The problem is that it's underutilized. Bump it up a few notches, in all the key places, and the world would become a lot more "lively".
Especially torwards the end of the MQ

And yet, next to nothing has actually changed on base XB1. They seemed to be making some improvements up until 1.23, when a lot of the things they had fixed were suddenly broken again. A lot hasn't even been addressed yet so far as I can see. I'm hoping those re-broken things are just being held back for 1.3 for some reason... whenever that will be. But I think 1.3 will be the crunch for me personally after waiting for so long. I think if that still doesn't fix it, I'll be uninstalling and not touching another CDPR product with a barge pole.

I went from playing an absolutely gorgeous, relatively stable, and largely bug free game on my PC (those that did occasionally occur were usually resolved by a simple reload of the game), to playing something comparable to vanilla Fallout: New Vegas with no graphical improvement mods.

I've been through countless settings adjustments and ReShade presets trying to restore how it looked at launch. No luck. Makes me wish I'd never allowed Steam to patch it :(

Being on Series X, i'm relatively ok with the downscaling the game has received to make it playable on older machines. I know that eventually the Next Gen update will come out, and the game will (hopefully) receive quite a boost on new-gen.

I just hope the update will not be released as late as possible (December 31st is still H2 after all...). Given this game's history, though, it wouldn't surprise me.

I just hope the update will not be released as late as possible (December 31st is still H2 after all...). Given this game's history, though, it wouldn't surprise me.

Waiting that long would be a huge mistake. Tons of new games are slated to release this Christmas season. And beyond. 2022 is going to be a landmark year in gaming. Especially for XBox and PC. Bethesda's new Starfield IP is gearing up to be the likely top contender for game of the decade.

They need to finish up with these "fixes", and get on the ball with the next-gen, DLC and expansion stuff before they miss the train entirely. Which is what I suspect they are likely doing now. The current "road map" is as pointless as it is useless. The space has changed too much for it to be as reliable as it may have once been. I believe the "soft relaunch" many people suspect is exactly what's coming. But if it comes too late, it may as well be never. Because many will have already moved on. Sure, lots will return for the free stuff. But the sour taste of what they paid for initially will still remain, deterring many from buying paid expansion content.

Especially after basically blowing off the community for months.

I guess so, but even if we disregard "avoid being similar to GTA at all cost" crowd, as a loud minority, we still had many interviews where CDPR staff told us point blank that they don't intend to copy GTA gameplay, anyway.Here are some examples:
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...ft-auto-but-will-allow-players-to-goof-around
https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/29/cyberpunk-2077-deeper-gta-mode/
Still can't wrap my head around large number of people who consider Rockstar games to be the pinnacle of gaming getting on hype train for the game that was clearly never meant to resemble GTA.

I can't imagine why people thought a driving, shooting, open world crime simulator would resemb;e GTA.

The funny thing is if they'd copied the driving mechanics and chase ones then it would have worked better.
Post automatically merged:

Being an Xbox One, I would disagree heartily.

Well, I can't comment to what's happening with your machine, I'm not using it - but I am using my machine and sure as hell know what I'm experiencing on it.
I'm on XBox One X and compared to my first playthrough with day 1 to 1.61 to my recent run with 1.23 I have no idea what kind of issues you are referring to. There are still issues, but AFAIK only confirmed bug introduced in 1.23 are that clone NPC's may appear sometimes.

Guest 3847602

I can't imagine why people thought a driving, shooting, open world crime simulator would resemb;e GTA.
I get the superficial similarity, but, for me, this is like taking statements like "Far Cry 3 is like Skyrim with guns", or "Kingdom Come is like Skyrim, but without magic" seriously. Those games are nothing alike underneath, just like CP2077 and GTA 5.
The funny thing is if they'd copied the driving mechanics and chase ones then it would have worked better.
Maybe. Though, I still prefer driving in Cyberpunk. It's not arcadey like in GTA 5, it's not extremely slippery like in GTA 4, but somewhere in the middle. As for police chases, I still think that the best response to players going on a killing spree would be spawning 100 level MaxTac team to one-shot them within 15 seconds.

All we know for sure is that they are testing new version on steam for quite a some time. Its been a while since major patch as well, so its relatively fair to say that next one will be quite significant judging by that and number of test branches. For a single bug in scripted scene its much simplier than with improving game mechanics which need more testing. I`m fairy optimistic about what will come in next month.

When it comes to pure communication, this is conscious decision which has pros and cons so we could debate about that for a whole year. Summertime is generally hardest time for a big companies as many people go for holiday (especially after crunch that had last year due to amount of work to deliver big project), so its slowing things down a bit.

I wonder if Paul Tassi is mad 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom