Communication and the Road Ahead

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not speak considering that the investors asked for the dismissal of the CEO of CD Projekt.
If something is said, you have to take charge. I think he made something clear in the last statement.

Last edited:
Intentionally or unintentionally CDPR have an awful lot of people desperate for their attention. "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

True that.

And if there's one positive takeaway from Tassi's articles, good OR bad, it's that he's keeping Cyberpunk 2077 at the forefront of the minds of a LOT of gamers.

I wonder if Paul Tassi is mad 🤔

To be honest, he's just saying what many people already think. CDPR's unwillingness to communicate is indeed bizarre.

what I want makes no difference, they have decided their policy and that's that, if they decide not to bring out anymore dlc or updates, then I wont be spending any money with them, faith has nothing to do with it.

Blizzard today is a great example of what happens when you ignore your players. CDPR may have failed to deliver spectacularly, but at least they haven't spiralled down into their doom over the course of multiple years while simultaneously thinking they are too big to fail like Blizzard has done.

What you think MAKES a difference.

He didn't exactly promised as much as he slammed E3 2018 trailer for looking like a generic mix of retro-futurism and GTA. Somehow, over the years, to the sizable chunk of gaming community, similarity to GTA became not only something to not be be embarrassed about, but something to be embraced and to strive for... Insane.
It was meant as a joke, I know Gibson was less then impressed by the game. What I wanted to point out is that another party made comparisons to GTA and not CDPR themself. I agree with the last sentence in the quote :)

Yea im more in the school of going Cyberpunk with some GTA mechanics(and other games). And dont worry i wont spoil it for you. I find the city pretty but empty. Theres little to do other then gigs/quests. Exploring grants some items or some fun reference at times, but i would have liked interactions especialy like i would expect in a living city. For me it just feels like living in a city with robots pretty much.
Thanks for not spoiling :) I think for me it is lively enough, don't get me wrong more "meaningful" interactions would be cool and who wouldn't want to be able to east some noodles like Decker in Blade Runner. However, in many other games with more interactions it seems like everything revolves around the player. Furthermore, these little "funny mayhem" stuff that randomly happens in GTA might be funny but it is immersion breaking. I live in a city and when I go from A to B literally nothing happens. People do ignore and are not interested in me or what I'm doing unless I'm bumping into them. (I guess going around naked would also raise some eyebrows, but I haven't tried that so far :LOL: )

I guess so, but even if we disregard "avoid being similar to GTA at all cost" crowd, as a loud minority, we still had many interviews where CDPR staff told us point blank that they don't intend to copy GTA gameplay, anyway.Here are some examples:
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...ft-auto-but-will-allow-players-to-goof-around
https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/29/cyberpunk-2077-deeper-gta-mode/
Still can't wrap my head around large number of people who consider Rockstar games to be the pinnacle of gaming getting on hype train for the game that was clearly never meant to resemble GTA.
This!

That's a lack of detailed NPC packaging. Most of the NPCs are running a generic package that basically says "spawn at point X, Y distance from player, travel to point Z, spew this generic line if we bump into the player, despawn when out of player's field of view". The only ones that have any recognizable detailed packaging are the ones with a routine, that interact with things in the world, or hang around a specific area speaking to other packaged NPCs. Like the two girls at the gate outside V's apartment the first time you go there. You show up, trigger their package script, it runs to completion, and then they default to their generic script routine.

The problem isn't that the necessary content isn't available. The problem is that it's underutilized. Bump it up a few notches, in all the key places, and the world would become a lot more "lively".
See the comment above. However, I agree that it could have been a bit more detailed.

It remind me something like that :
For some unknow players
Jully 15th : "Oh yeah, CDPR testing a lot on their testing part of Steam, their is a lot of update/test. I expect that the 1.3 will be released very soon, I hope this week, maybe friday at worst !"
August 11th : "Oh, no 1.3, no update, no infos... that's disappointing"
Expectations... o_O
That reminds me of myself. I've started stalking the Steam repositories pretty early on and most of the time one could deduce the approximate release dates. Until now, that is....

And yet, next to nothing has actually changed on base XB1. They seemed to be making some improvements up until 1.23, when a lot of the things they had fixed were suddenly broken again. A lot hasn't even been addressed yet so far as I can see. I'm hoping those re-broken things are just being held back for 1.3 for some reason... whenever that will be. But I think 1.3 will be the crunch for me personally after waiting for so long. I think if that still doesn't fix it, I'll be uninstalling and not touching another CDPR product with a barge pole.
This digital foundry video disagrees with your statement:

I went from playing an absolutely gorgeous, relatively stable, and largely bug free game on my PC (those that did occasionally occur were usually resolved by a simple reload of the game), to playing something comparable to vanilla Fallout: New Vegas with no graphical improvement mods.
Is there a definite proof of the downgrade? Or are you referring to introduced bugs? In my experience on PC, the number of bugs has been reduced significantly.

The funny thing is if they'd copied the driving mechanics and chase ones then it would have worked better.
No, please no god-awful GTA chases!

I get the superficial similarity, but, for me, this is like taking statements like "Far Cry 3 is like Skyrim with guns", or "Kingdom Come is like Skyrim, but without magic" seriously. Those games are nothing alike underneath, just like CP2077 and GTA 5.
This!

All we know for sure is that they are testing new version on steam for quite a some time. Its been a while since major patch as well, so its relatively fair to say that next one will be quite significant judging by that and number of test branches. For a single bug in scripted scene its much simplier than with improving game mechanics which need more testing. I`m fairy optimistic about what will come in next month.
Could also be that many people are on vacation and therefore this process just takes longer. We'll see...

I would not speak considering that the investors asked for the dismissal of the CEO of CD Projekt.
If something is said, you have to take charge. I think he made something clear in the last statement.
I hope he stays. Investors are vultures, don't listen to anything they are saying if you can afford it. However, the statements many of us would like to have wouldn't tie a noose around his neck.

Two months ago, CP77 was back on PS Store. This pushed sales to the point that the game was #1 on both american and european charts (ps store).

Now it's not even in the top 20.

This is a good indicator of how much the people's interest around the game has diminished. If CDPR want to push sales again, they have to start delivering real updates, dlcs, and that next gen update as soon as possible. Again, the last substantial update (1.2) was more than 4 freakin' months ago. All we got since then are minor hotfixes. Too much time between an update and the other.

Plus, they better release that next gen update soon enough, because that could realistically put CP77 on the charts again.

Intentionally or unintentionally CDPR have an awful lot of people desperate for their attention. "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
That appears to be a factor indeed, but then I guess it's also about general shitposting because there's nothing better to do, even if one tries to come up with alternative ways to kill time, it looks like there like this media/social media aspect is becoming something like celebrity gossips or something, being some sort of parallel culture having life on it's own.

Kinda like something you could sometimes encounter back when IMDB discussion boards were still open. What people wear, how they look, movie or a show, even fucking ads, it didn't matter. It's just that they did something, that gave them something to talk about. Haha.

I live in a city and when I go from A to B literally nothing happens. People do ignore and are not interested in me or what I'm doing unless I'm bumping into them. (I guess going around naked would also raise some eyebrows, but I haven't tried that so far :LOL: )
Little off topic but it remind me that

Last edited:
Two months ago, CP77 was back on PS Store. This pushed sales to the point that the game was #1 on both american and european charts (ps store).

I stand by my previous statement that this is normal behaviour for a single player game.

And if I was talking about Series X they might have a point... I'm not. The Series X and base XB1 are completely different consoles and can't be compared.
Oops, got the consoles mixed up and I also assumed that those changes were applicable to old-gen as well. While I do believe CDPR shouldn't have released the game for old-gen, now I obviously think that they should support is as well.

Little off topic but it remind me that
Thanks for marking everything spoilery in spoiler tags :)

Is there a definite proof of the downgrade? Or are you referring to introduced bugs? In my experience on PC, the number of bugs has been reduced significantly.

The proof is the huge number of PC gamers who see the noticeable difference on high end PCs. Your experience with bugs likely comes down to your hardware. If your hardware is just "sufficient" to run the game, you are likely to experience more issues than someone who's PC cost more than $2k to build. The graphical fidelity of the game is quite noticeably reduced on my PC. And I hadn't changed a thing since I shelved the game back in January. Traffic count is reduced. NPC count is reduced. The game's lighting is horrendous compared to it's pre-patch state. It no longer looks crisp and sharp. Colors look more washed out and dull. That's indicative of "engine throttling". So unless they snuck into my house and gimped my hardware, throttling the engine is really the ONLY way they could have achieved the performance gains they did across every platform, and affecting such a vast array of hardware.

I don't do any video recording myself, but here's a VERY close comparison to how Fallout 4 looks on my rig:

Pre-patch, my CP2077 looked even better.

Thanks for not spoiling :) I think for me it is lively enough, don't get me wrong more "meaningful" interactions would be cool and who wouldn't want to be able to east some noodles like Decker in Blade Runner. However, in many other games with more interactions it seems like everything revolves around the player. Furthermore, these little "funny mayhem" stuff that randomly happens in GTA might be funny but it is immersion breaking. I live in a city and when I go from A to B literally nothing happens. People do ignore and are not interested in me or what I'm doing unless I'm bumping into them. (I guess going around naked would also raise some eyebrows, but I haven't tried that so far :LOL: )
Im not after "fun mayhem" either tbh, just want the npc to feel like humans and not robots. If you stand on some spots in the city you can se them turn around and walk back they way they came over and over and over. Thy dont interact in a way that feels real for me. The driving Ai is also very limited and cant even go around obsticles and so on. I get that they dident have time for polish like they said they needed but. Sometimes it feels like big parts of the core systems were build during the delays. Kinda like ops we forgot too add npcs to the world, oh we dont even have a functioning AI/script for them. O well just add it!

The 2 girls talking when you arrive to Vs appartment first time is a example of good usage of small things that add immersion for me. Sadly it doesnt happend often.

This is a good indicator of how much the people's interest around the game has diminished. If CDPR want to push sales again, they have to start delivering real updates, dlcs, and that next gen update as soon as possible. Again, the last substantial update (1.2) was more than 4 freakin' months ago. All we got since then are minor hotfixes. Too much time between an update and the other.

Plus, they better release that next gen update soon enough, because that could realistically put CP77 on the charts again.

I'm not sure I understand the logic here as its a single player game. It's not a live service game and I'm curious at what point people are going to be able to accept it's not getting "updated" beyond DLC. I think a lot of people have put too much hope that's going to be like Destiny or Fallout in that it will keep getting substantial changes.

Presumably everyone who wanted the game when it came back to PS4 has since bought it.

It's sold 13 million units but I'm not sure how many more fans think will be sold.

I honestly don't care any more whether the game gets any DLC's, so long as it's fixed properly on all platforms.
If everything is fixed for the supposed Next Gen version, then those fixes better darn well be applied to the current version too. There's no way in hell I will go out and buy it again when the Next Gen version come out. (And I'm able to get a Series X).

I'm not sure I understand the logic here as its a single player game. It's not a live service game and I'm curious at what point people are going to be able to accept it's not getting "updated" beyond DLC. I think a lot of people have put too much hope that's going to be like Destiny or Fallout in that it will keep getting substantial changes.

Presumably everyone who wanted the game when it came back to PS4 has since bought it.

It's sold 13 million units but I'm not sure how many more fans think will be sold.

They're too invested to just drop it at DLC.

56% of those sales were to PC users. More than ALL console platforms combined (regardless of generation). Which is a notable achievement in itself. To not expand upon a game that sold nearly 8 million copies to a single platform would be the greatest missed opportunity in video game history. As next gen consoles become more readily available, I'd expect those numbers to more closely align over time (new players who didn't previously buy the game).

Which is why I suspect they'll dump last gen at the official level rather soon so they can really show off this new engine's true capability. As rocky as the road has been, the game is still massively popular. At this point, fans are more disgruntled with the lack of information than they are about issues with the game.

There's no way in hell I will go out and buy it again when the Next Gen version come out. (And I'm able to get a Series X).

As I understand things, you won't have to. As I recall (correct me if I'm mistaken), CDPR made clear that those who purchased the game on last gen, would be eligible for a free next-gen upgrade.

As I understand things, you won't have to. As I recall (correct me if I'm mistaken), CDPR made clear that those who purchased the game on last gen, would be eligible for a free next-gen upgrade.
My understanding is that its like a free patch for the game that only works on the new consoles. Gonna be to enable RTX+FSR and probably tweaks to loading stuff and so on thats new with the ps5 and xbox. Hopefully we get direct storage for PC by then too so we can make use of our m.2 ssds too.

(could be like in metro exodus tho that its a new free game that you get in your library)

I think some people were/are expecting some tweaks to gameplay and open world interaction most asked by the community, some already provided by modders, to be inserted somewhere along the patching/dlc'ing. It shyly happened on 1.2 woth police, driving and crafting and there was a statement after the game came on pstore that now that ot's reached a satisfactory performance level we can focus on (...) and comunity feedback features. The fact that there is no information on how they'll proceed on this doesn't help in my opinion to keepmore new players coming in, following the development. There is nothing to follow at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom