Is this true?

+
And, there are random encounters in this game.
They are. But how are they affected by your choices? You angered the scavs, they attacked you once, then don't give a crap about you. If you shoot guys, they will shoot back, of course. If this is "how your actions directly influence your open world experience", then i can only congratulate you. With your evidently low expectations and demands you probably have a happy life with most of the things seems good enough for you)
Post automatically merged:

You do know that killing too many gang members will make them attack you on sight, right?
That was insultingly primitive and lazy work even in GTA 3 times, almost 20 years ago))

Guest 3847602

If this is "how your actions directly influence your open world experience", then i can only congratulate you. With your evidently low expectations and demands you probably have a happy life with most of the things seems good enough for you)
That was insultingly primitive and lazy work even in GTA 3 times, almost 20 years ago))
Maybe I didn't want to play GTA: Night City, but open-world Deus Ex.

I'm going to state the unpopular opinion that this is probably what will happen:

1. The game will have its next generation release with a lot of bells and whistles.

2. There will be no substantial changes to the game itself. It was mostly how they wanted it, it just couldn't play.

3. They will do DLC.

Exactly, totally agree. I just said it with a bit more words but it's also what I expect to happen. A soft relaunch to get people interested again. Bugfixes and QoL stuff. Then it's totally serviceable and ready for DLC.

As long as they get rid of anything that hampers you playing the game normally and add just a couple little things in the way of Quality of Life the game will basically be fine. I think the QoL especially will help getting people back in.

Expecting the game to be remade is one, completely unrealistic and two also completely unnecessary. It's the quintessential uninformed take "This game is so broken it's needs to be remade". Nah. Not at all. The game has a lot of potential, still.

Maybe I didn't want to play GTA: Night City, but open-world Deus Ex.
Funny that i too do not like open-world thay much, and wanted more like Deus Ex game. But CP77 failed in that direction too. Both Human Revolution and Mankind Divived had a lot of meaningful choices, affecting the endings set. Each and every ending was justified and acceptable both on meta- and in-game levels.

Honestly, CP77 would only win if was more like Deus Ex. Limited locations, scripted activities between missions, strong narrative. All of this couid be easily explained plot-wise - V is, after all, criminal and fugitive, wanted by Arasaka. So V should be sheltered all time, under protection of some local fixer ot gang leader. With plot development each shelter will eventually be compromised and V has to move somewhere new.

Guest 3847602

But CP77 failed in that direction too. Both Human Revolution and Mankind Divived had a lot of meaningful choices, affecting the endings set.
Oh, please. Each and every Deus Ex game was criticized for their endings and how your choices throughout the game make no impact. In HR, it literally amounts to pressing 4 buttons. In MD you only get news reports on sidequests you completed. In Cyberpunk you get phone calls from characters you've met and helped. Each end every story in Deus Ex games is just as linear as in Cyberpunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? And what about reasonable gang reputation system? Not that simplistic 'shoot on sight if rep=bad'.
What about completely forgotten cyberpsychosis mechanic? Humanity attribute of some sort, decreasing with each new implant V's taking, increasing the Cyberpsychosis risk, for example?
Or braindance? Very fresh and interesting mechanic...which we use 1-2 times in the main plot and 2-3 in side quest.

Overall, mountains of unfullfilled promises and wasted potential.

They never promised cyberpsychosis, instead they argumented why it wouldn't suit the game. (its a game over state)

Oh, please. Each and every Deus Ex game was criticized for their endings and how your choices throughout the game make no impact. In HR, it literally amounts to pressing 4 buttons. Each end every story in Deus Ex games is just as linear as in Cyberpunk.
And in CP77 only two choices have some impact: completion of Panam quest line and final choice on the roof. Classy.
You may be right about HR, but all four endings are justified lore and logic-wise, the question of augments problem is disscused through in-game books, journals, e-mails, dialogs, quests. So in the end all this 4 choices are expected by you, they don't fall on you suddenly like, for example, 6-months death crap, contradicting even the in-game logic.

As for MD you have giant module endings, taking into account your choices even in side quests chains, like drug lab.

They never promised cyberpsychosis, instead they argumented why it wouldn't suit the game. (its a game over state)

Lame. Loosing control over V would suit the game marvelously. Want to be overpowered augmented Robocop, not giving a scrap about value of human life? Fine, but be ready to pay for it. For example, you have some important dialogue, but suddenly you, player, can't make a choice, V does it for you, in one way or another. Like madness attacks of Hercules, suddenly killing his children and friends. And since contemporary action heroes are just ancient mythology heroes in slightly new form, i find this very fitting.

In order to cut something out, it needs to be in the game first. There is no indication that cyberpsychosis affecting V was ever a thing. Therefore, it can't be a broken promise.
Confirm that. I'm not sure I understand why this is even a topic but... Recent discussion starting from relevant posts here. DSV9 spoiler is huge one, but it's not the only thing going on with Cyberpsychosis in CP 2077.

Guest 3847602

Confirm that. I'm not sure I understand why this is even a topic but... Recent discussion starting from relevant posts here. DSV9 spoiler is huge one, but it's not the only thing going on with Cyberpsychosis in CP 2077.
Thanks. I didn't know about Mike's theory, guess I should switch to Morro Rock more often. :D

If I recall correctly all Mike radio is non-canon from tabletop that was decided to put as conspiracy theories for flavour. There are direct references to "cybergenerations" that branched from cp2020 line and is considered a separate universe.

If I recall correctly all Mike radio is non-canon from tabletop that was decided to put as conspiracy theories for flavour. There are direct references to "cybergenerations" that branched from cp2020 line and is considered a separate universe.
Well, there's one at least about Arasaka's being vampires LOL, which I wonder is something that would come from Garry the Prophet. There are lot of things that are like eastern eggs for people who played tabletop game, but I can't say if that's all about that or not.

Well, there's one at least about Arasaka's being vampires LOL, which I wonder is something that would come from Garry the Prophet. There are lot of things that are like eastern eggs for people who played tabletop game, but I can't say if that's all about that or not.
Well it was stated that is same timeline as cpred,cp2020,cp2013...so i will not expect vampires to come (except if they are bioengineered). Is like any rpg based on d&d planescape,forgotten realms,ravenloft,dark sun... they follow timeline and tabletop lore.

Well it was stated that is same timeline as cpred,cp2020,cp2013...so i will not expect vampires to come (except if they are bioengineered). Is like any rpg based on d&d planescape,forgotten realms,ravenloft,dark sun... they follow timeline and tabletop lore.
Well, what I know, I never played Cyberpunk tabletop but checked some interviews and stuff when I was drafting few suggestions. Anyway, I didn't get impression those people being anyway humorless. Just thinking that if it looks like a in universe joke. Perhaps Garry or some of his followers contacted Mike's radio channel and Mike decides to go with it and if his take on subject is then serious or sarcastic perhaps, that is left for audience to wonder.

There's also Biotechnica mushroom but that's not available but by extracting audio files:
BioTechnica mushroom AI - [The MadQueen show]

I think CDPR might have some freedom on events (cpred is 2045) so it can always branch as non-canon, but i don't know the details of the ip with rtalsorian.
I would be surprised that they can significantly alter the lore of the franchise,but i don't know the details of the contract.
Is why stuff as Peralez or Gary, i think are more related to humble humans(which is very cyberpunk,that "evil" its just human) than other stuff(ais,vampires,aliens..)... but fits well to conspiracy theories.

Perhaps Garry or some of his followers contacted Mike's radio channel and Mike decides to go with it and if his take on subject is then serious or sarcastic perhaps, that is left for audience to wonder.
Maybe you didn't know about the fact that Garry character is CohhCarnage (Twitch/Youtube) and voice by him in english, a famous twitch streamer.
Cohh.jpg
Garry.jpg
It's pretty hilarious when Garry ask "modest donations" to help the "cause", like Twitch donations :LOL:

Last edited:
Really? That's the angle you're going with here? I have the view that the game should have been designed for all gamers to be able to experience equally well.
If we're talking about bugs, totally. But features? No.

And I'm not talking about graphics here because that can be dialed up/down quite easily. I'm talking about core systems that are being developed with the lowest denominator in mind. If a feature shows during development that it is too performance hungry for consoles, it shouldn't be scrapped for pc as well just to let gamers across all platforms experience it equally. Performance wise, the platforms are not equal. People should know that before choosing and buying one.

Wish there were always dedicated teams for consoles and pc. Then they could present the game to people with a statement such as, If you want to experience the best possible version of our game, play it on pc with these minimum requirements. If you don't care about the following features ..., play it on console. Of course the console version would have to be way cheaper. Sadly this ain't happening.

Hopefully there is a future where games will be developed and tailored to specific platforms individually so people that paid 5-10x more for a gaming platform would actually feel the difference besides pretty graphics. I would gladly pay twice as much for such a game.

Lame. Loosing control over V would suit the game marvelously. Want to be overpowered augmented Robocop, not giving a scrap about value of human life? Fine, but be ready to pay for it. For example, you have some important dialogue, but suddenly you, player, can't make a choice, V does it for you, in one way or another. Like madness attacks of Hercules, suddenly killing his children and friends. And since contemporary action heroes are just ancient mythology heroes in slightly new form, i find this very fitting.

The game has actually the idea that cyberpsychosis doesn't exist. Which pretty much shoots this in the foot. Mind you, for decades, the tabletop RPG has gotten shit from veteran players who think its abelist that people who are partially machine are "less human." Mike Pondsmith agreed and changed it for RED.

Oh, please. Each and every Deus Ex game was criticized for their endings and how your choices throughout the game make no impact. In HR, it literally amounts to pressing 4 buttons. In MD you only get news reports on sidequests you completed. In Cyberpunk you get phone calls from characters you've met and helped. Each end every story in Deus Ex games is just as linear as in Cyberpunk.

For all of C2077's flaws, it utterly blows away Mankind Divided that is even WORSE at having no closure and a climax that feels like it is 2/3rds of the game.

If we're talking about bugs, totally. But features? No.

And I'm not talking about graphics here because that can be dialed up/down quite easily. I'm talking about core systems that are being developed with the lowest denominator in mind. If a feature shows during development that it is too performance hungry for consoles, it shouldn't be scrapped for pc as well just to let gamers across all platforms experience it equally. Performance wise, the platforms are not equal. People should know that before choosing and buying one.

Wish there were always dedicated teams for consoles and pc. Then they could present the game to people with a statement such as, If you want to experience the best possible version of our game, play it on pc with these minimum requirements. If you don't care about the following features ..., play it on console. Of course the console version would have to be way cheaper. Sadly this ain't happening.

Hopefully there is a future where games will be developed and tailored to specific platforms individually so people that paid 5-10x more for a gaming platform would actually feel the difference besides pretty graphics. I would gladly pay twice as much for such a game.

Unfortunately, this is the ever prevalent min/max mindset of large scale development.

Minimum effort, maximum return is the order of the day. When you compare the development practices of small indie houses to full-on corporate level developers, the width of disparity becomes very apparent. Take this free-cam perspective on The Ascent for instance:

Note the level of detail on even the simplest of objects. Like vendor product packaging. Or the vendor display screens. That's AAA grade stuff. For 75% the cost of anything even remotely comparable and of far lower quality. For now.....

It's unfortunately the nature of the beast. And even this small group of indie devs, who poured every ounce of their hearts and souls into their game, is not immune. As time, as it ALWAYS does, will tell.

Sound familiar? ;)

Guest 3847602

For all of C2077's flaws, it utterly blows away Mankind Divided that is even WORSE at having no closure and a climax that feels like it is 2/3rds of the game.
It blows it away in couple more areas, but I didn't wan't to turn this thread into Cyberpunk vs Mankind Divided. ;)

It blows it away in couple more areas, but I didn't wan't to turn this thread into Cyberpunk vs Mankind Divided. ;)

True.

I just note that CPR already gets props for the fact that it did start addressing this issue versus Eidos dropping the Deus Ex Universe completely.

Top Bottom