[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Ok,
So in my opinion, Johnny see himself leaving with Alt and maybe a little part of him stay with V. Basically it's the last time he sees his "virtual" body and he sees himself at all.
Finally I see it like: A page turns and he leaves behind the Johnny from before, ends all this hatred, this violence, this wasted life, this sadness (he leave, but let the "bad" guy behind).

It's a bit the same idea, according to some (I have never tested myself...) when you die, you rise above your body (you see yourself) before joining the light (and maybe joining heaven leaving all your misfortunes behind you).

Last edited:
That's like saying that the Legend of Zelda isn't about rescuing Zelda if you find out she's dead in the final act. It's a shocking twist but it's still the motivation.
I invented little interpretation, which allowed me to partially accept at least the Nomad endings.

Biochip with V's engram on board is doing its job according to program, rewriting V's body for a new chip habitant, V, thus allowing V to live in this body normally. 6 months crap from Alt is just a lie or at least too harsh assumption, because Alt has a motive to capture V, not Johny.

Anyway, what's up? It's been 7 months, got any news? Useful mods from Nexus, or an official DLC?

Anyway, what's up? It's been 7 months, got any news? Useful mods from Nexus, or an official DLC?
About mods I don't know :(
About news, official DLCs, nothing now. A probable futur 1.3 update on the road, but no date and no details. And if there are free DLCs with 1.3, I don't think they will changes the endings (it's like TW3 free DLCs, nothing "important"). Big paid DLCs will coming after the Next-gen update, so probably end of 2021 or 2022.
Need to be patient :)

I invented little interpretation, which allowed me to partially accept at least the Nomad endings.

Biochip with V's engram on board is doing its job according to program, rewriting V's body for a new chip habitant, V, thus allowing V to live in this body normally. 6 months crap from Alt is just a lie or at least too harsh assumption, because Alt has a motive to capture V, not Johny.

I choose to believe that the "best" ending is Engram V is now a badass immortal AI with Alt.

1.2 did some fixes on driving and police. There's been some leaks but it's against forum rules to talk about them (mainstream magazines covered it, though).

Some really good mods, though.

For better or worse, it seems the lesson they learned from the initial accusations of cut content (or the game otherwise not being what was expected) is to never elaborate on plans again. That being said, I'm pretty sure back when they first laid out a road map, this entire year was going to be nothing but bug fixes and the equivalent of horse armor for DLC. I'm still coming down on the cynical side that all the big DLCs will just be some meaningless bullshit that takes place in the middle.

There's a fantastic amount of non-tabletop gamers who think Alt must be Shodan or GLADOS and not the Big Good of the setting.

To tabletop gamers, it comes off as Gimli fearing the evil witch Galadriel.
I don't see her as either. She's not the Big Bad but I can't really accept her as the Big Good. She's only that insofar as her using V (just like everyone else does) actually worked out in V's favor for once. She's doesn't care at all about V.

Last edited:
Alt: As a Netrunner you will find your way through a materially limitless world full of dangers.

V: Bring it.
Don't forget the rest of her answer ;)
"Behind the Blackwall dangers lurk, it is no sanctuary. But it’s better to be a free spirit shredded than to wither, trapped in a dying body"
So V could die (or whatever the name) as soon as he/she arrive behind the blackwall, but at least, V die freelly, that what she point out. For a "badass immortal AI", to being shredded behind the blackwall, that seem not to be "badass" and even less being "immortal", for me :)

PS : I never said it's Alt who shredded V, probably more free/wild/hostile AIs (and Alt can't protect V, apparently).

Last edited:
There's a fantastic amount of non-tabletop gamers who think Alt must be Shodan or GLADOS and not the Big Good of the setting.

To tabletop gamers, it comes off as Gimli fearing the evil witch Galadriel.
I don't see her as either. She's not the Big Bad but I can't really accept her as the Big Good. She's only that insofar as her using V (just like everyone else does) actually worked out in V's favor for once. She's doesn't care at all about V.
It's logical expectation for players of the CP 2077 to draw their impressions from game they played, regardless what other material is available as not everybody is invested to read them. Considering how many unreliable narrators there are in game, I think it's just natural for players to question if Alt happens to be one too. I think that's actually great.

I don't see Alt evil nor good either but entity that has all reasons to be in general indifferent towards human issues and only get involved when it allows it to advance its own goals. Not a matter of moral but game theory.

I mean, you've known each othe a totel of five minutes. So its weird to think she would?

I mean, you're to her, at best, "Johnny's friend."

I know, I agree, that's why I was asking for more of SaulTuk's perspective.

Mind you, I do think she's offering you a pretty sweet deal in exchange for destroying Mikoshi. Immortality and probably allyship.

You also are probably very much her type with the fact you are a crazy Edgerunner.

Mind you, I do think she's offering you a pretty sweet deal in exchange for destroying Mikoshi. Immortality and probably allyship.

You also are probably very much her type with the fact you are a crazy Edgerunner.
And she didn't have very toxic and painful relationships with V. With all her visible indifference and coldness she still has memories and some emotions. Between an interesting new guy of her type and old toxic, manipulative sonofabitch ex who will girl choose?)
Post automatically merged:

Don't forget the rest of her answer ;)
"Behind the Blackwall dangers lurk, it is no sanctuary. But it’s better to be a free spirit shredded than to wither, trapped in a dying body"
So V could die (or whatever the name) as soon as he/she arrive behind the blackwall, but at least, V die freelly, that what she point out. For a "badass immortal AI", to being shredded behind the blackwall, that seem not to be "badass" and even less being "immortal", for me :)

PS : I never said it's Alt who shredded V, probably more free/wild/hostile AIs (and Alt can't protect V, apparently).
Funny that Alt made Johhny and V choose who go with her at all. She could easily take both of them, sparring us from the horrible ending where Johhny lives in V's body, to a dismay and anger V's friends and loved ones. Up to a point where Panam openly swears that she will find Johhny and send him to hell for this.

Last edited:
Funny that Alt made Johhny and V choose who go with her at all. She could easily take both of them, sparring us from the horrible ending where Johhny lives in V's body, to a dismay and anger V's friends and loved ones. Up to a point where Panam openly swears that she will find Johhny and send him to hell for this.
If there was an option to join Alt together with Johnny I would have picked it over the alternatives honestly.

The way Alt talks about cyberspace, it seems that the main danger for engrams without a body is that they get increasingly detached and unemotional if left wandering alone for decades.

The way Alt talks about cyberspace, it seems that the main danger for engrams without a body is that they get increasingly detached and unemotional if left wandering alone for decades.
From Alt
I don't know what she want to say by "shredded", but it doesn't seem to be "cool" at all, in my opinion :)

Top Bottom