Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can CDPR mention something in CP2077 about Police brutality that is going on in US. One of my old friends has been assaulted by police in 2009.

heres some Youtube video examples:

Snowdrop is a very different engine to REDEngine. I really want to see fully destroyable terrain. I want to blow up a building to make it collapse on an assassination target inside. But I highly doubt that will happen...

...but I will hope...

Red Faction: Guerrilla had a similar destruction/demolition mechanic, (place charges or throw explosives to blow up a building, a bridge or a tower, whatever you want really) it showed much promise at first, but the buildings you were able to destroy were really small and it failed to deliver on the account of scale.. (Also, it couldn't live up to my expectations..) But a similar mechanic on a scale as big as the Night City (on medium to large sized buildings) would be utterly awesome! I would absolutely love that if it happened..

Red Faction: Guerrilla had a similar destruction/demolition mechanic, (place charges or throw explosives to blow up a building, a bridge or a tower, whatever you want really) it showed much promise at first, but the buildings you were able to destroy were really small and it failed to deliver on the account of scale.. (Also, it couldn't live up to my expectations..) But a similar mechanic on a scale as big as the Night City (on medium to large sized buildings) would be utterly awesome! I would absolutely love that if it happened..

awesome

I can completely understand how it would be cool to see the destruction of and damage on objects
through weapons, grenades, vehicle crashes, punches with a cybernetic fist or whatever. Not to mention how it would
be even greater if those visible alterations to objects and surfaces would not be magically reversed after
you come back to the area at a later time but instead would keep reminding you of an event that happened like 80
hours of gaming before, back when you were still a small fish trying to find its place in the pond (I remember that in
Skyrim corpses and objects kept lying for ever, reminding me of people and stories I usually would have forgot).
A mechanical implementation like this greatly helps against murdering the players immersion.

I can't see however, how it would be possible to have fully collapsible buildings, bridges or even more severely
damaged roads, pavements etc (unless there is a massive super-effective rebuild squad on hold 24/7, or 24/5
or whatever it will be).. In a living and breathing Night City with residents going about their every day lives,
I imagine you would really mess up all their routines.

Of course one could argue, that it should be a valid goal to cause massive chaos but be aware that it might happen
that the nice techie from the shop, where you always used get your gear repaired, died of insomnia because you demolished
his apartment complex ^^

Also you could easily lose mission related characters, before you even know they are relevant, because naturally they would
have to die when their ceilings came down on them or they would at least be stuck under tons of bricks or other material..
(What material do they use actually for constructing buildings in Night City in 2020? If they use massive metal alloys then forget what I wrote just know)

I can completely understand how it would be cool to see the destruction of and damage on objects
through weapons, grenades, vehicle crashes, punches with a cybernetic fist or whatever. Not to mention how it would
be even greater if those visible alterations to objects and surfaces would not be magically reversed after
you come back to the area at a later time but instead would keep reminding you of an event that happened like 80
hours of gaming before, back when you were still a small fish trying to find its place in the pond (I remember that in
Skyrim corpses and objects kept lying for ever, reminding me of people and stories I usually would have forgot).
A mechanical implementation like this greatly helps against murdering the players immersion.

I can't see however, how it would be possible to have fully collapsible buildings, bridges or even more severely
damaged roads, pavements etc (unless there is a massive super-effective rebuild squad on hold 24/7, or 24/5
or whatever it will be).. In a living and breathing Night City with residents going about their every day lives,
I imagine you would really mess up all their routines.

Of course one could argue, that it should be a valid goal to cause massive chaos but be aware that it might happen
that the nice techie from the shop, where you always used get your gear repaired, died of insomnia because you demolished
his apartment complex ^^

Also you could easily lose mission related characters, before you even know they are relevant, because naturally they would
have to die when their ceilings came down on them or they would at least be stuck under tons of bricks or other material..
(What material do they use actually for constructing buildings in Night City in 2020? If they use massive metal alloys then forget what I wrote just know)

Some very good points well made. As for materials; it's all concrete, glass, steel and plastic. Nothing organic or natural, everything is synthetic.

I would love to see destruction like this in a game again. Toppling buildings was so fun. But I also think it will take away from the character driven aspect of the game if you just went around aimlessly destroying stuff for the fun of it. So I'm sort of torn on this one.

Also CDPR, put Ironman saves in this game, pretty please :)

nice cibo avatar

Well thank you, Sir!:)

To add some more substance to this post at the risk of repeating someone else's suggestion:

I always liked the thought of a modern city standing literally on the remains of a more archaic
version of the city, since I saw it implemented in that one Futurama episode. From my understanding
though, Night City was built in the 1980s based on an idealistic concept and placed on some dry ground
with nothing else around. So there couldn't really be the ruins of another city underneath it (actually I
don't know if it ever made sense in Futurama) but there would still be some ways to implement something
which would evoke a similar reaction within the player.
So if you were to gain access to out-of-use areas of the sewage system or the old subway systems or any system
that had been built between 2020 and 2077 and consequently been abandoned you would find
traces of the past or even more than that. Maybe an old refuge site deep down, which was used during a possible
time of heavy bombardment or subsequent anarchy in the 2040s.

I think I would like that.

I would love to see destruction like this in a game again. Toppling buildings was so fun. But I also think it will take away from the character driven aspect of the game if you just went around aimlessly destroying stuff for the fun of it. So I'm sort of torn on this one.

Also CDPR, put Ironman saves in this game, pretty please :)

Explosives strong enough to total a building would be hard to come by i imagine.. With small explosives, (like a single block of C4 for instance) you could take down a wall or two, but thats about it.. With strong explosives, you can take down any building if you place enough of them.. (and you would need quite a few of them) If you can find a stronger explosive (it would be really hard to come by, like military grade stuff, but in cyberpunk, with enough cash and friends in the right places, you can find anything..) you can take down any building with a single explosive.. Thats the way it should work..

Well thank you, Sir!:)

To add some more substance to this post at the risk of repeating someone else's suggestion:

I always liked the thought of a modern city standing literally on the remains of a more archaic
version of the city, since I saw it implemented in that one Futurama episode. From my understanding
though, Night City was built in the 1980s based on an idealistic concept and placed on some dry ground
with nothing else around. So there couldn't really be the ruins of another city underneath it (actually I
don't know if it ever made sense in Futurama) but there would still be some ways to implement something
which would evoke a similar reaction within the player.
So if you were to gain access to out-of-use areas of the sewage system or the old subway systems or any system
that had been built between 2020 and 2077 and consequently been abandoned you would find
traces of the past or even more than that. Maybe an old refuge site deep down, which was used during a possible
time of heavy bombardment or subsequent anarchy in the 2040s.

I think I would like that.

Environmental storytelling is cool.
Blame always had lots of decompressed moments with killy going through the ruins.

btw i just found out the heeen.forums are back after a 2 years coma.

Nice get an agreement on most subject, a little focus forward,i love info too but i can't spend too much reading meanwhile in game,i gotta do something,fast,now,AAAAAAAAAAA

yea i have some kind of ahdh...

about the world i came thru this today:

If they can do it,CDPR can do better:cool:

snow drop is a great engine, but the engine doesnt decide if the game will be good

i loved the destruction in the game, but such destruction for CP2077 wouldnt make that much sense, it would be too much if we could destroy buildings with our weapons....

a destruction like in Mafia 2 would make more sense for me

[video=youtube;QD8tA1Vo-XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD8tA1Vo-XU[/video]

i loved the destruction in the game, but such destruction for CP2077 wouldnt make that much sense, it would be too much if we could destroy buildings with our weapons....

a destruction like in Mafia 2 would make more sense for me

Where did you hear me say "lets just fire a pistol to a building and take it down that way"? :D (Unless the buildings made out of crackers..)

Explosives strong enough to total a building would be hard to come by i imagine.. With small explosives, (like a single block of C4 for instance) you could take down a wall or two, but thats about it.. With strong explosives, you can take down any building if you place enough of them.. (and you would need quite a few of them) If you can find a stronger explosive (it would be really hard to come by, like military grade stuff, but in cyberpunk, with enough cash and friends in the right places, you can find anything..) you can take down any building with a single explosive.. Thats the way it should work..

As i mentioned it above, high explosives (which would be really hard to come by) is the way to go.. Small explosives can take down a wall or two, but they wont do much damage.. You could probably use a rocket launcher or a rifle (some rifles can do the job but not all) to take down a wall but not much else..

I would like to see you give away a little bit of control about the game, like a bottom up system. Let the actions of the players shape the politics and the course of the game. Maybe put players to do the job of a NPC, or maybe a player can become the mayor of the city, and another group of players reacts to that and create a terrorist group against the corrupt government ruling the city, maybe you can establish a shop and try to make your living honestly by selling cyborg replacements and augmentations to other players until you enter in conflict with another group of players from a criminal group that are trying to gain control of the underground... Don't know, just random ideas, it's just that I'm getting soooooooo bored of the endless quest games... do this... do that... it becomes kind of boring in the end.

Hacking skills, maybe even real ones, you set a SQL server inside the game and you have to hack into it with a SQL injection to get a valuable data inside that you can resell later for a good price or use it against someone or gain control over a building or whatever you can think of.

I would like to see you give away a little bit of control about the game, like a bottom up system. Let the actions of the players shape the politics and the course of the game. Maybe put players to do the job of a NPC, or maybe a player can become the mayor of the city, and another group of players reacts to that and create a terrorist group against the corrupt government ruling the city, maybe you can establish a shop and try to make your living honestly by selling cyborg replacements and augmentations to other players until you enter in conflict with another group of players from a criminal group that are trying to gain control of the underground... Don't know, just random ideas, it's just that I'm getting soooooooo bored of the endless quest games... do this... do that... it becomes kind of boring in the end.

2077 is single player, not an MMO.

Other than that, I like where your coming from. There are supposed to be some multiplayer elements, so I hope to see a means of deriving player generated content.

Don't know, just random ideas, it's just that I'm getting soooooooo bored of the endless quest games... do this... do that... it becomes kind of boring in the end.

Even though it doesn't seem that CP77 is going to be a game that would work like that I can perfectly understand how you're longing for some new ideas regarding gameplay mechanics in the RPG-genre. I really like believable open-world-settings but at some point i keep finding myself just roaming around for hours just exploring or entering areas that are usually reserved for hosting quests, meeting or confronting people with no purpose other than finding out whats behind the next door. This way, to a certain extend its even possible to experience your "own" story. I really hope the genre can take some steps ahead and acknowledge to the player some more freedom than the usual "bring object g from location a to location d, maybe stop by at location b" or "go to location f to defeat enemies j to n in order to redeem weapon 2.1" or "bring object to questgiver to redeem weapon, armor, gear xyz". I know, I'm exaggerating and usually at least the main stories aren't that repetitive but well... almost (you do keep on being sent throughout the map after all).

Good thing that at least I have unshaken high hopes for this cyberpunk game. I really do and don't even expect the world (well, not all of it^^) since at the least it will be a whole big new world to explore (*゚ー゚)

btw i just found out the heeen.forums are back after a 2 years coma.

hey, didn't even know about this. Already found some nice info there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom