Patch 1.23

+
did you downgrade psycho screen space reflections?? looks horrible now
Post automatically merged:

in this mission where you have to rescue the net runner by sneaking into the building and cooling her down with a syringe, she will stay there floating if you try to jump off the building while carring her. also when reloading the mission or restarting she will be inside again but the car outside will be though the ground base level, and when you put her in the trunk she will stay floating in mid air.

also the gig "olive branch", your objective is to "get in the car" but there is no car when you arrive

also, just look at the images, i'musing psycho screen space reflections (+ low crowd density) and looks so horrible now, what happened what did you guys change. it looked better before in psycho reflections

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.08.10 - 23.37.44.70.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.08.10 - 23.37.44.70.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 104
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 08.01.32.31.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 08.01.32.31.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 104
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 08.01.33.73.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 08.01.33.73.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 95
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.08.07 - 15.42.26.72.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.08.07 - 15.42.26.72.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
CDPR you work slow. As I see it, there's a skeleton team working on fixing the most critical bugs whilst everyone else was moved to other projects, sorry to all hardcore fans, but don't expect No Man's Sky level reboot...

CDPR you work slow. As I see it, there's a skeleton team working on fixing the most critical bugs whilst everyone else was moved to other projects, sorry to all hardcore fans, but don't expect No Man's Sky level reboot...
Would you call this a skeleton crew?

AK: I’ll start with the first one. So – nearly half of the Cyberpunk team continues working on Cyberpunk and the game’s next-gen edition [..] there are still over 300 people working on Cyberpunk.
It's from their Q1 shareholder meeting. And to add a bit more...
All I will say is that if we aren't doing DLC, I want to know why I have to get up at 0-dark-30 to attend meetings to discuss the DLC.
And no, that's all I'm going to say for now, so don't bother me about it. - Mike Pondsmith
They're working their asses off! If there's one thing that they've confirmed is that they're not abandoning this game. I would love to see some type of blog post instead of having to dive into a subreddit and a shareholder meeting transcript. But w/e. :shrug:

I just hope the next patch is fixes all the stuff involved with perks and quest things. I still can't get any quickhacks from access points because of a bug with the Bug (ha) mission aaaal the way back in Act 1 of the game. Half the time I don't even know something's a bug until someone on here or on reddit says "Wait you got ...?" and I realise i've been shafted.

EDIT: there also seems to be a rapport on August 26, 2021 - Consolidated semiannual report for H1 2021. I'm very curious what they're gonna say in there. Maybe the shareholders shed light on some stuff that we can't. It might also just be more "we're working really hard on DLC and next gen / patches". It's only two weeks away though.

Last edited:
They're working their asses off!
Not saying they are not working hard, but how can you be so sure? How long has it been since the last real patch? What have they fixed by "hot-fixing" since then? I really hope they surprise me and present something truly amazing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Not saying they are not working hard, but how can you be so sure? How long has it been since the last real patch? What have they fixed by "hot-fixing" since then? I really hope they surprise me and present something truly amazing, but I'm not holding my breath.

You can't have 300 people doing nothing. I think we'll know more at the end of the month. There still is an element of uncertainty. There is a chance that cyberpunk could be moved to the permanent back burner. They do mention wanting to shift over to parallel development, multiple AAA projects, splitting up the dev team....

As far as profitability is concerned, the size of the team involved in updating Cyberpunk is slowly decreasing
But this quote especially is relevant. Could explain why we're seeing less and less patching. As they shift into making cyberpunk "playable" they'll shift more resources toward other things. Like the next gen version.

This quote expands more on that notion.
the initial patches focused mostly on low-level technical aspects – though not just that, of course; we were also fixing glitches and bugs – but our focus was on stability, performance and so on. [...] I don’t want to promise anything, of course, but in the future the course of action will be more in the direction of improving things; enhancing the quality further.
So this could also mean the development team has shifted from saving the game from the dumpster fire it was to finally addressing the quality aspect of it. Which could also cost more time, you could see this as them struggling to make the game at least playable (and to get it back on the PS store) and now finally they're slowing down to fix the real stuff.

It sucks that they don't just write a post about what the hell is going on. I'm just guessing here, I don't know either. I'm just optimistic.

{talking about the next-gen version] What we’re doing is we’re soft-launching not only the game itself, but also some retention and monetization mechanisms along with testing the game
I wonder.... :-/ I'll leave that quote alone. ;)

Does having an update expectation work? I think not. It's really funny how some people here claim they know when CDPR is going to release a patch without having any proof. 'It's coming this Wednesday, i'm sure', 'It's coming this Thursday, i'm sure', 'It's coming this Friday, i'm sure'. No, no one is sure of nothing. Stop creating false expectations, please. Thanks.

Maybe, but the longer this silence keeps going, and the game remains in the state it is, the harder it becomes to keep believing that.

Even worse, the harder it will be for it to retain it's fanbase as newer games with fewer issues release.

Even worse, the harder it will be for it to retain it's fanbase as newer games with fewer issues release.

That's not an issue in 2021 pandemic. Most high profile AAA releases that would compete with cyberpunk have been delayed to next year. Maybe Horizon zero dawn? That's the only game I can find that releases soon-ish. And even that doesn't have a set release date yet, it could also get delayed to 2022.

I've tried to find high profile AAA releases but all of them either aren't as high profile as cyberpunk, they aren't in the same genre or they're delayed to 2022.

That's not an issue in 2021 pandemic. Most high profile AAA releases that would compete with cyberpunk have been delayed to next year. Maybe Horizon zero dawn? That's the only game I can find that releases soon-ish. And even that doesn't have a set release date yet, it could also get delayed to 2022.

I've tried to find high profile AAA releases but all of them either aren't as high profile as cyberpunk, they aren't in the same genre or they're delayed to 2022.
Far cry 6? Closest i could think of.

Far cry 6? Closest i could think of
I had actually written that down but deleted it.

I think it totally depends on how much faith people have in CDPR releasing a less buggy experience with the next-gen version. I don't see many people going "I'd rather play Far Cry 6 and buy that for full price instead". But maybe I'm just out of touch with the average console gamer.

There's gonna be a big group of people that have it on console already and if CDPR's smart they'll give the game a discount for people who don't have it yet.

But even then, Far cry? If that's all they have to compete with they're gonna be fine.

I had actually written that down but deleted it.

I think it totally depends on how much faith people have in CDPR releasing a less buggy experience with the next-gen version. I don't see many people going "I'd rather play Far Cry 6 and buy that for full price instead". But maybe I'm just out of touch with the average console gamer.

There's gonna be a big group of people that have it on console already and if CDPR's smart they'll give the game a discount for people who don't have it yet.

But even then, Far cry? If that's all they have to compete with they're gonna be fine.
Wow ppl seem to think next gen is gonna be a whole new game. Anyways Far cry 5 sold 25 million. Sure its not a direct competitor possibly but i think this is one of the reasons so few ppl finish games, a new game comes out that take attention away. Cp2077 probably has a more "mainstream" audience then normaly thx to the big advertisment campain and all the pre release hype. Must admit tho im no huge fan of Far cry either and i probably wont buy it.

That's not an issue in 2021 pandemic. Most high profile AAA releases that would compete with cyberpunk have been delayed to next year.

True enough.

But I was factoring in your quote about the "monetization mechanisms". That's going to be hugely off-putting. Especially among PC players.

Wow ppl seem to think next gen is gonna be a whole new game.

Playing it without bugs is pretty much like playing a whole new game I imagine.

Console people got royally shafted. I bet you many people couldn't even play the game properly before bugs cut their play-through short. I'm on PC on this patch right now and I still have gigs I cannot finish, perks that are broken, gigs that don't trigger. Not to even mention the bugs I used to have like Dum Dum vanishing or jackie vanishing.

That doesn't even take into account new people who I've seen make posts here on the horrible bugs on PC that still plague the early game. Many people I personally know said they skipped the game entirely and are waiting until the game is relatively bug free before they pick it up again. A next gen version could be the perfect incentive.

Like CDPR even mentioned themselves it'll never get to what it once was when it comes to sales, of course.

Must admit tho im no huge fan of Far cry either and i probably wont buy it.

Me neither, I got far cry 6 free with my 3080. Not even gonna install it. Don't care. But who knows? Maybe people will be so infatuated by Far Cry they won't give the next gen version a shot. But even then, It's one game. It's not like we're looking at the usual holiday AAA lineup. Then Cyberpunk would've had a really rough time.

But I was factoring in your quote about about the "monetization mechanisms". That's going to be hugely off-putting. Especially among PC players.

I'm not gonna make any judgement on that until I know what it is. It's just a vague quote from the shareholder meeting. But you are right, if they screw that up it'll be game over. Considering their history I see that as a slim chance though. But you never know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom