Exploring Cyberpunk 2077

+
I thought it had more problems at launch on Linux. Good to hear it's playable.

Yeah, there were more issues early on. But I was waiting to get a new GPU for better performance and just got RX 6800 XT recently so started playing the game only now.

And it works surprisingly well after setting it up with a few tweaks. Really great job of all involved open source developers who made it possible.

I'm not so sure an actual faction system (as we traditionally know them) even exists. Everything presented thus far is nothing more than isolated, scripted scuffles as far as I can tell. Even the police vs. gang group stuff. :shrug:
Such a missed opportunity. How cool would it be to walk around and a truck roll up with gang members from another district sent to do a hit on you. Mid-mission even.

Such a missed opportunity. How cool would it be to walk around and a truck roll up with gang members from another district sent to do a hit on you. Mid-mission even.

No doubt. As a modder, this is the kind of stuff I love to mess around with.

Give me a few days with a decent "official" modding tool, and I'll give you variable scale gang wars and drive-bys all over the city, in sensible locations that avoid interfering with important quest NPCs. And not just between rival gangs, but cops too. Pacifica? Place already looks like Beirut. Push out the border to encompass some of the unused acreage and buildings, and you could drop an all-out, large scale gang war right into the middle of it with a ton of ambush points for NPCs to hide, just waiting to pounce on rival gang members, and even the unsuspecting player.

Missed opportunity? Understatement of the year. And that's putting it mildly. I could give you pages of examples :ROFLMAO:

Is there any mod similar to Sensible Map Borders for TW3 (that turns off teleporiting when you reach the soft map border?).

Yep:

edit: I should note that you need to manually change the config.json to disable the boundary teleport.
You can do it in game through the interface, but I found it's not as reliable. It will also require exiting and
reloading the game to take effect.

"disable_boundary_teleport": true,

That line is set to false by default.

I used it a while ago to break out of Watson to explore before going for the ride with Dexter DeShawn on my
second playthrough. Almost everything is tied to the MQ. So there's really VERY little to do without having
Johnny in your head spazzing shit out every 15 minutes :ROFLMAO:

Pretty cool to go off shopping for cool clothes and whatnot before you really settle into the game though.
Except that it sucks in the sense that you see just how "NOT" open world the game actually is in the early game.

Last edited:
Oh yes, they are powerful and silent :)
With a good Dexterity/Blade/Cool build, they "one-shot" in silent every enemies even with the "basic" uncommon that you can craft :D
Cool perk : Assassin/Cutthroat/Venomous Fangs/Neurotoxin/Ninjutsu
You can also add clothe mods for crit chance and crit damage.
Whitout any "limitation" you could literally decimate a group of enemies quicker than with a shotgun, and in silent, and whitout being detected...
Yeah, well that was kinda my point. Yes they can be very effective and I don't see any problem with silently clearing locations with knives any more than with silenced pistol. And like I wrote, for certain kind of play it can be quite enjoyable, for roleplay reason, whatever that means to different people.

My theory is that, like I wrote, that in current state, game can't add things to NPC's inventory, which would be where knives would be located, and there's no any other reason for knives not being retrievable than technical issue.

Is there any reputation system? Like what would happen if you get in a fight with particular gang? Would they be more hostile after that?

No. I used to talk about how cool reputation system would be, but Ive thought about it since. Currently the gangs are just CP2077 version of wandering, mindless monsters. There is no way to interact with them apart from killing them.

I felt this was okay when they were literally mindless monsters like in Witcher 3, but in 2077 they are living, breathing people. I am greatly disappointed how social ways of solving problems are almost entirely ignored in CP2077. It should be possible to fasttalk/intimidate/bribe/extort/seduce your way into mission areas. I feel this is a massive missed opportunity to give depth to the game. Challenging the old classics? First you gotta understand what made them great.

001 helpya.jpg

Exploring around I stumbled on some organized crime activity marker in Northside and even got a message from NCPD about some scavenger gang in the area. I looked around, but I don't see anyone hostile in that area. Is it a bug or something is happening underground (there is a skull icon with arrow pointing down)? I don't see any entrances leading down.

Exploring around I stumbled on some organized crime activity marker in Northside and even got a message from NCPD about some scavenger gang in the area. I looked around, but I don't see anyone hostile in that area. Is it a bug or something is happening underground (there is a skull icon with arrow pointing down)? I don't see any entrances leading down.
I think you have to take the tour. It's underground, opposite of the ripperdock "Cassius Ryder" ;)
Or enter by the locked door (tech I think), in front of the ripperdock entrance.

Thanks! I managed to open the door with remote deactivation somehow.
Post automatically merged:

Is there a way to sell a cyberdeck? I upgraded to a better one and the old one is still shown as "owned" when browsing through them at ripperdocs.

Last edited:
Thanks! I managed to open the door with remote deactivation somehow.

Is there a way to sell a cyberdeck? I upgraded to a better one and the old one is still shown as "owned" when browsing through them at ripperdocs.

I guess not really, since you don't actually "own" the cyberware. Its more like inventory that you have unlocked at ripperdoc (and which after unlocking has price of 0). You own only the mods.

There is a locked door just to the right of cassius riders shop entrance. That leads to REALLY large warehouse where that "crime activity" happens. Its also possible to approach it via a ramp in the other direction, but its far away cause the area is huge.

Actually, you do carry all the cyberware you purchase with you. But to answer your question: no. At least not by any vanilla method. But....

there's a mod for that ;)

There's another that lets you swap out your cyberware without the middleman. Anytime, anywhere.

If you use them together, use the basic version of Sellable Cyberware, as Ripperdeck already includes unequipping.

The knife throwing thing? Yep. There's a mod for that too :ROFLMAO:

There's another that lets you swap out your cyberware without the middleman. Anytime, anywhere.

Actually, immersion wise I would have even preferred there to be a sequence like initial one with Viktor when changing cyberware. It can be skippable, but it would have been nice to have. It would make it more serious. I.e you shouldn't take all that lightly story wise I suppose. I was kind of surprised on subsequent visits to ripperdoc it was like simply buying stuff.

Actually, immersion wise I would have even preferred there to be a sequence like initial one with Viktor when changing cyberware. It can be skippable, but it would have been nice to have. It would make it more serious. I.e you shouldn't take all that lightly story wise I suppose. I was kind of surprised on subsequent visits to ripperdoc it was like simply buying stuff.
Yes, a version where you have your arms replaced or torso mods would have been nice. You could do a cutscene for each area, really: Head, eyes, torso, nervous system, dermals, limbs, etc. Say 10 seconds or so each. Give it some verisimiltude.

I run a mod where I see the "new weapon" animation every time I draw one. It's easily cancelled as you do it and it adds a really nice touch of flavour.

Yep, I suppose mostly everybody who have played the game espected to have those kind of little "cinematics" at all ripperdocs, but unfortunately, nope (lack of time maybe...)

It's so cool to have the first one. The creepy noise when Vik pull out your eye and when you see your body from the outside...

I imagine with a more creepy noise for head cyberwares... Or maybe the best, when you installing arms cyberwares... You see the ripperdoc to cut you arms, put them on the table, installing the news and maybe a little dialogue line :
"what do I do with them ? Do you take them away or do I throw them in the trash ?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom