Meth head V has got to go.

+
Sleeping doesn't matter in the game. Eating doesn't matter in the game. Sex doesn't matter in the game. None of the stakes in the game are "real"+-.

If *anything* bothers me about this game... and let me make it clear the bugs don't bother me at all... it's this. I've had game *ruining* bugs that bother me less...

Why? Because bugs are accidental, this is a feature.

A V who can stay up for weeks on end, a V who derives no benefit or comfort from getting dorked, a V who never need eat, never need drink. I mean even the Sims managed all this.
Why can't we?

Because bugs are accidental, this is a feature.
:ROFLMAO:will tell this to peeps at work tomorrow - Monday is a good day to get fired :D

As for the rest of it. Agree to a degree, I guess. e.g. if it's not there now at the moment (or ever), how much does it ruin it for you the whole experience in total? If it's a significant part, but you cannot change anything about it (mod, etc), would say - in the meantime maybe find a way around it, slightly change the gameplay to accommodate your needs. You should be entertained and not frustrated by it.

Just wondering - can players actually pitch ideas/dreams/deepest desires to CDPR, is it a thing with this company? :shrug:

Sleeping doesn't matter in the game. Eating doesn't matter in the game. Sex doesn't matter in the game. None of the stakes in the game are "real"+-.

If *anything* bothers me about this game... and let me make it clear the bugs don't bother me at all... it's this. I've had game *ruining* bugs that bother me less...

A V who can stay up for weeks on end, a V who derives no benefit or comfort from getting dorked, a V who never need eat, never need drink. I mean even the Sims managed all this.
Why can't we?
Yet, none of this has stopped me from trying to maintain a normal day/night rhythm in the game. My character wakes up at 6 am, puts on their clothes and ventures out into the world, making sure to be back home anywhere between 6 and 8 pm. They then take a shower and spend the rest of the evening chilling out on the couch, before getting into bed at 12 and the cycle repeats.

Why can't we?
I think this game would benefit greatly from a Survival Mode. Give me a reason to actually eat that Burrito sitting in my pocket. A V starving and a V who never sleeps should at the very least be less effective in combat. Damage and armor reduction, maybe even blurred vision, reduced movement, stuff like that, until you get some sleep or grab a bite.

1_A2R05lDbzxpAZwW51-wb4w.jpeg

I think this game would benefit greatly from a Survival Mode. Give me a reason to actually eat that Burrito sitting in my pocket. A V starving and a V who never sleeps should at the very least be less effective in combat. Damage and armor reduction, maybe even blurred vision, reduced movement, stuff like that, until you get some sleep or grab a bite.
Do you think that could go with actually running Relic timer?

I don't see myself necessarily doing survival mode run, but additional optional challenges would still give more to players who like them and this sort of things also look like good alternative to Bullet Sponge thing.

Even if it's not something that I hope for, I could give it a try.
But for it to be interesting, CDPR must push it far enough (too much perhaps).

Some ideas, just like that.
- Permanent death (so it is absolutely necessary to solve the problem of death by falling from 1 meter high...)
- Relic malfunction, you must to take the pills (blue ones), otherwise V could have serious penalties (completely cloudy vision, greatly reduced health, stamina near to 0, impossible to run, reduced transport capacity,...). V can only carry a very limited number of pills (buyable from Viktor).
- No fast travel, no vehicles TP (except if a quest let you far from the start), you need to refuel your vehicles.
- Food and drink could be satisfied by carried items but for a very limited time, if you want a real long therme (6h ingame) you have to eat in a restaurant/echoppe. If food/drink not satisfyed > serious malus.
- Same for sleep, you must sleep 6-8H by day, if not > Serious malus.

You also could buy Cyberwares for reduce all (like a head cyberware who reduce the sleeping time required by 20% or a body cyberware who reduce food consumption by 20%). But those cyberwares take place to other useful cyberware, so you have a choice to make.

But like you can see, that's probably way too much for now, there is no chance to see those kind of thing (I think, maybe I'm wrong).
Useless to talk about "dildos" or sextoys, they removed them in the first patch, it's not to reintroduce them now.

Why can't we?
I'll be honest - Have to agree with you about sleeping, eating and sex don't matter. Should've received a lot more love. Though, you seem to get hit at some point by a shock of sorts, that wipes some 90% off your max health when you're not eating for days on end. Had that a couple of times before, but still not sure if not eating for a few days caused it.

Nowadays my V eats several times a day, sleeps every night, and never again experienced it. Believe the last time was before 1.2.

Always roleplay V coming home late in the evening or at night, first she'll close the shutter. Then, I'll literally take all her clothes off, she takes a shower, (usually getting something in the meantime, or taking a break myself), after, I rub her against those towels on the wall to dry her off, then goes straight to bed. If she wakes up before 3:59am, I'll let her sleep again. My V never operates at night, or when it's dark. Always during the day.

When she wakes up, she'll open the shutter, then gets something to eat out of the S.C.S.M., (try to keep the inventory free of food since there's no animation), feed the cat, then walks over to the mirror where I RP, her brushing her teeth, cleaning her face, putting make-up on. After that she'll go to the wardrobe to get dressed, then to the armory to store items, or fit in weapon-mods. (Don't know why but always feel something ain't right fitting in weapon-mods on the go. Always do it in here where she has equipment to install it).

Earlier, V would then check for new mail at her computer, but stopped doing that because, obviously she'll get everything right in her head. Don't know why she even has one. Can't even play any of the Wither games on it. If V is waiting for a call, she'll watch some TV. If not, she's off. That's about her daily routine.

A relic "timer" would be a bad idea... but relic *pills* that you have to take in order to stave off Johnny..

"V, this is it, the pills will only be effective for so long... you're going to develop a resistance and once you reach that point there's nothing left we can do.."

*v looks at the pills*

"37 pills doc? Kind of an odd number. You saying I only have 37 days left?"

"No, you take the pills when you have an attack, when your vision gets blurry, when you feel like your knees are going to buckle 'neath you. Sometimes you might need to take more than one, especially towards.. you know."

"The end. Yeah, I got it."

"These pills weren't meant for this, so we don't know what kind of side effects you might have. Drymouth, insomnia, blurred vision, mania, depression. We just don't know."

"How will I know?

"Well, some are obvious. Got dry mouth and you'll need to drink more. Others? Not so much. You might feel a compulsive need to seek out a joytoy for an extended session."

"Doesn't sound so bad."

"Might start chucking grenades at people who aren't there. Getting into cars that don't belong to you."

"Shit, doc, might as well end it here."

"That's not funny, V."

"I'm not joking, Vic. What the hell are you signing me up for?"

"I'm sorry, kid. For what it's worth the worst of the side effects will be early on. After you start to develop a tolerance a lot of it will go away, but that also means you might need to start taking more pills."

"And the cycle continues, until it doesn't. Thanks doc."

*visible sadness on vic's face before he turns away*

Why can't we?
If I accept the premise of the main quest, which I don't and so I had to stop playing until a mod comes along that disables the MQ; but if I do accept it, then my character wouldn't sleep, would eat while running between places, and definitely wouldn't be having any sort of relationship with anyone. He has to get a crap load of things done in the next week, or he'll be dead. Assuming that he isn't already dead and just doesn't know it.

At least if they don't do a fully fledged survival mode (which i get, rather have new game+ or something) at least add more "optional" ways of immersing yourself in Night City. I still tend to go back to V's apartment to sleep and shower regularly. I rarely fast-travel and drive everywhere. Even though there's no reason to.

Add more places to sleep. The dream would be if you sleep at your LI's place you wake up with them next to you.

Add a physical eat option at vendors, maybe through a "I'll take food to go vs I'll eat here". Maybe even reward that with a bigger time boost to the regen effect. Same thing with drinking at a bar.

Add a way to repair car damage so I don't have to either blow the car up or have it do a skinny dip in the river.

It's why the fact that the N-cart system is so basic is also really bad. Even Deus Ex Mankind Divided had that little animation of Adam going onto the metro with the other plebs. This would take a ton of effort though.

There's so many little things they could do that would really help make Night City be more alive and at the same time make it feel like you / V actually lives there. Many of these things wouldn't take an amazing amount of effort either, as there's already animations for it. You do it during main missions.

First of all V is dying, he/she needs to do everything as fast as possible to save his/her life,

and the need to drink, eat, sleep, etc would make the game extremely slow and frustrating, because you need to eat at least 3,4 times each day, sleep 8 hours, and hours pass faster than in real time, no need and no sense for this features

maybe maedicine for the brain once eah week would ne ok

there are more importante things to to get to work right,

Why can't we?
While I would like something like a survival mode.
none of those aspects have as far as I'm aware off been something that mattered in any game really much.
Fallout is the only game I know of where it actually DID matter, or ... provided some bonus/stats thing, such as XP increase, HP restoration etc etc.

so... why did you expect Cyberpunk would use rules as 'unique' as those of Fallouts Survival Mode, I wonder.

Top Bottom