heads up display in CP 2077

+
Meh.

Not very cyberpunk. Too clean, too...gadget-y.

Maybe as the layout for a Netrunner, but it lacks a certain something for Cyberpunk.

Oh, wait. it lacks the cyber and the punk.

Meh.

Not very cyberpunk. Too clean, too...gadget-y.

Maybe as the layout for a Netrunner, but it lacks a certain something for Cyberpunk.

Oh, wait. it lacks the cyber and the punk.

a good example for a heads up display in a game, i never said its Cyberpunk like....

I really like it. For third person I think it's excellent. Through 1st though I would expect a different layout.

The holographic map could work really well for a reality interface overlay through either goggles or cyber-eyes, (as I said before.)

Sure, it's very clean and crisp, but it could easily be 'punked with a little aestetic alteration and a few glitches, (and of course a few in-game pop-up ads, because you know the corps would just build those right into the firmware.)

I really like it. For third person I think it's excellent. Through 1st though I would expect a different layout.

The holographic map could work really well for a reality interface overlay through either goggles or cyber-eyes, (as I said before.)

Sure, it's very clean and crisp, but it could easily be 'punked with a little aestetic alteration and a few glitches, (and of course a few in-game pop-up ads, because you know the corps would just build those right into the firmware.)

yeah like that. but i also like it. The visible street names like google street view is really usefull, something like that for Night City would be great

ok let's flame:

1) last time the HUD was posted was June,right after the last E3,so in full hype,7 months are past,no news from CDPR for over an year, post and discussion goes in a circle, EXCUSE ME if i dare remind to the rest of the forum an HUD many people liked.
2) Considering we have a forum to talk about a videogame of which we saw 2 and half wallpaper and a part of a teaser trailer,well EXCUSE ME AGAIN if here people express personal opinion and point of view how we PERSONALLY like to see things, i know you people love THE HIVE MIND,but not everybody are the same,we still all stinks and take dump and jerk off but we are not really the same. Thanks to all and none Gods.
3) I like it,i post it,i think is cyber,if i lost a meeting where has been decided what is cyberpunk and what is not , please send me a review,i would like to be informed about it.
4) i really think we are all bored out the total lack of information and news and we are start to get "cabin fever",but do not provoke if you don't want to be provoked.

Thanks to all and have a cold,winter,hangover,sick sunday everyone.

1) last time the HUD was posted was June,right after the last E3,so in full hype,7 months are past,no news from CDPR for over an year, post and discussion goes in a circle, EXCUSE ME if i dare remind to the rest of the forum an HUD many people liked.

relaxe, i didnt mean it bad when i said it was posted many times, i said it because a lot of people in the forum liked it and posted it as you did. And its good that it get posted often here, we need things like that to talk about, with things like that the thread stays alive, so everything is ok you did a good job

Neither myself or Braindancer had hostile intent when we mentioned that these ideas had come up before, along with your link to The Division. You are seeing what you call provocation where there is none. Probably some that cabin fever you referred to. Many of us have passed that stage and come our the other side months ago.

If you can think of a better way of us telling people that their ideas have come up in discussion previously then by all means enlighten me. This is the best I've got right now.

And I don't see any part of The Division as being even remotely Cyberpunk. No corporate dominance, no down trodden masses, no vice, no style over substance and most notably; no cybernetics. It is decidedly post-apocalyptic rather than cyberpunk.

And as for the attitude, I recommend checking that in at the door, because the mods won't tolerate it. I don't want you to get a ban, (temp or permanent,) because you do offer a lot of creative ideas and you have a passion for the subject.

So, for your own benefit, and ours, please take a moment to cool off, collect you thoughts and open broaden perspective.

I know CP is supposed to be all about style, but when it comes to the HUD I want functionality and ease of use. That Division holograph map is confusing to read nor as precise as a topo layout. And the holographic pipboy is an unneeded extra step to access info. After playing both Witcher games and fighting with less than ideal UI's, I'm not sure CDPR should get fancy with this.

ok let's flame:

2) Considering we have a forum to talk about a videogame of which we saw 2 and half wallpaper and a part of a teaser trailer,well EXCUSE ME AGAIN if here people express personal opinion and point of view how we PERSONALLY like to see things, i know you people love THE HIVE MIND,but not everybody are the same,we still all stinks and take dump and jerk off but we are not really the same. Thanks to all and none Gods.
3) I like it,i post it,i think is cyber,if i lost a meeting where has been decided what is cyberpunk and what is not , please send me a review,i would like to be informed about it.
4) i really think we are all bored out the total lack of information and news and we are start to get "cabin fever",but do not provoke if you don't want to be provoked.

Thanks to all and have a cold,winter,hangover,sick sunday everyone.

You need to understand everything and i mean EVERYTHING thats not something "new" (new like a few days old) has been suggested before, we have known about the Divisions HUD for what, 7-8 months already and it has been shared many times already on multiple threads, people weren't trying to be rude to you, they are just got really sick and tired of seeing 15 of the same post "hey the Divisions hood, it is cool isn't it?".. Also, there is a clean cut line for what can be considered Cyberpunk and what cannot be, post apocalyptic world of the Division most certainly is not cyberpunk and i'm sorry but your personal opinion about it wont change that..

Also, may i remind everyone about our very cool Cyberpunk HUD idea?

HUD should be gained by getting some kind of eye implant or wearing glasses, helmets etc. (Both should have their upsides and downsides. And having both should give you some sort of bonus) So you start the game without any HUD. Then in the beginning of the game you get your HUD glasses.

Like this one:

Some HUD glasses and implants can give you more detailed information about whats happening in your body (Like "A" model HUD glasses can give you information about your health and maybe your ammo, but "B" model is the better model, so it will give you information about weapons condition, information about enemies health etc.

And the implant should be able to do much more than that. It should show everything glasses capable of and should show you, where you are hurt, it should show you a minimap, while a high level implant can give you information about where the enemies are attacking from. (Like in Fallout 3 HUD) But the real diagnostic monitor should be something like a touchpad and both the implant and the glasses should be connected to that.

This system would work well enough in First Person mode, but i'm not sure how well it would look/work in Third Person.

please excuse the poor quality of this mock up, but I thought visual aids would be better than mere descriptions. A picture says a thousand words after all.
View attachment 768

You see here a view of Night City, through the eyes of our protaganist. Without any hardware, he would see nothing of the HUD overlay. However, our friend has invested in some Russian 'Cyber Eyes' on the black market. He has yet to get either a skill chip for Russian Language or get a firmware update for English. He does, however, have a targeting reticule, Smartlink, Nav-Comp and personal organiser installed. He also has a Bio-Monitor linked and his armour has been upgraded with a new integrity detector.

As we can see, his vitals are good, his armour is pristine, (for now,) and he has a full 15 rounds in his weapon, with 7 mags spare. To top it all off, he has 2 messeges and he is recieving a call from a withheld number.

Opinions?

Right. I've had a wee play around this evening and come up with a slightly better 'Arasaka' based HUD concept for you guys to muse over.
View attachment 771
Health bar - The Heart and Dragon are the health bar. They slowly turn green, then yellow and on to red as health drops. once beow a set percentage, (chosen by the player,) they will begin to flash. Our frind is currently in perfet health.

Armour Guage - Each segment of the stylised suit of armour on the right turns green, then yellow and on to red as your armour takes damage. Eventualy, the segment will turn black when all protection is lost. This only works if your armour contains electro reactive mesh, making it compatable with armour diagnostic software. As you can see, one of our friends arms has sustained damage.

Ammo Counter - The counter next to the stylised handgun counts how many magazines of the current type are being carried, as well as individual rounds left in the loaded magazine. The weapon is currently holstered. This is why the targeting reticule is not present, but the interaction reticule is.

Minimap - It is currently minimised, in the top left corner.

Contact List - Our friend here was going to call his fixer, "Twister"; probably to see if he had sent him the junk mail cluttering his inbox. However, before he had a chance, a mystery caller, (using a withheld number,) has called him and he is currently deciding whether to answer or not.

Aside from that, the Arasaka Logo is in the bottom-middle of the display.

What alterations would you guys make to this? (Please bear in mind the idea we are currently working on is that the HUD would be modular, as different hardware upgrades provide different styles of readouts and differeent options.)

ChrisWebb made some awesome points about this, you should be able to fully customize your hud to make it fit your needs. (You can adjust it for your class, skill set or just to your personal preferences)

I think it would be nice, if HUD had a basic firmware and software (app) system, where you can install (and uninstall) things to your HUD. So you could go and install tiny legal upgrades that doesn't really work all that better. Or you could go and buy illegal HUD firmware and software upgrades to enhance your HUD system in order to make it work whole a lot better!...

This would be a great way to implement HUD elements in CP 2077. Imagine if your HUD is susceptible to being hacked, that would make for some interesting combat scenarios.

In planetside 2, EMP grenades make your vison fuzzy and you lose all HUD elements.

So, I really like the ideas which developed in this thread, and I am going to summarize them here:

- modular, customizable HUD
- hardware and software components, download or install components of HUD onto your favorite hardware.
- HUD components can be bought or sold
- illegal software availability, e.g. HUD which helps you find caches to loot.
- software available is specific to role or skill, e.g. "find the mark" for Solos.
- it's possible to completely remove HUD, both hardware and software, i.e. ability to toggle what you can or can't see, or play with zero HUD.

Also, HUD can either be an eye implant or glasses. (Eye implant mostly being the better option, but it has its down sides as well.) Many companies produce and sell these implants/glasses and each of them give different bonuses. For instance, Arasaka makes and sells HUD glasses, they mostly sell their products to military. But a civilian can buy a "toned down" version of the glasses. Which can be corrected by illegal software, which makes it even better than the military version. Kiroshi produces eye implants, it is a lot more expensive, but it is worth it. Since it can be modified to work with other implants. (Which can give extra bonuses to accuracy, perception and reflexes) And both glasses and the implants are connected to players in-game datapad. Also, HUD language can change depending on manufacturer, for instance, a hud bought from the Russian arms, will be Russian in language. You can change the language by updating the firmware or getting Russian language chip.

I'm certainly forgetting something... Oh well..

Well, I honestly think that if you don't have Cyber, and don't have at least Smartshades (sunglasses with cyberoptic options), then you shouldn't have an HUD at all... the way you know you have suffered damage is that your arm hangs limply to your side, or you walk with a limp, o you are hunched over trying to hold your intestines in your body...

In the pen and paper game, every time a wound is received a hit location is rolled. You take wounds in specific parts of the body. And those wounds have effects... the worse the wound, the more detrimental the effect. That is how you immerse someone in the game.

You could also swap glasses, so that you can seveal 'preset' HUD's for different tasks.

Well, under this modular HUD system, each set of goggles or shades would have it's own HUD setup. You could of course simply copy each one and give it seperate 'add-ons' like IR, UV, Thermal, Teleoptics, Micro-optics, etc...

Personally, I like the idea of being able to wear a standard set of shades for everyday wear, but swapping to a set of goggles with a completely different layout for a heavy firefight. I woudn't want the same utilities and having a different layout and colour would probably focus me more on the task at hand.

Very cool indeed..

Also, may i remind everyone about our very cool Cyberpunk HUD idea?

Hey, thanks for the sum-up! Those are some nice ideas, I like them. If you feel like summing up some of the other threads main achievements as well, I wouldn't... well... I guess I wouldn't protest. But just if you were like bored..... anyone?? Or if you or anybody had a little cabin fever crawling up their spine, which might be cured by concentrating on all the bright moments that I'm sure this forum has had during the last year.................................................................ok, I admit, I'm trying to go the easy route here^^

As for HUDs and their downsides - wearing a helmet could result in an audible dampening effect on how you hear the sounds of your surroundings, that is when you're wearing a cheaper model. A really detailled HUD with a lot of info covering much of your field of view in first-person could result in a penalty for visual perception in a possible perceptions mechanic that was derived from the tabletop game (That is, if you were still relying on your inborn senses in this area and given there is such a mechanic in the pen & paper game... I have to admit that I never had the chance to play it). Same effect could be suffered when wearing a cheaper smartshades-version with a lot of frequent factory pre installed flashy advertisments.

As for HUDs and their downsides - wearing a helmet could result in an audible dampening effect on how you hear the sounds of your surroundings, that is when you're wearing a cheaper model.
Never thought of that, nice idea.
Of course that would only be affected by lower quality helmets.
Regular combat/military helmets should have state of the art sound filtering. Meaning they protect your ears from gunfire etc and perhaps help you hear better the important stuff.

Never thought of that, nice idea.
Of course that would only be affected by lower quality helmets.
Regular combat/military helmets should have state of the art sound filtering. Meaning they protect your ears from gunfire etc and perhaps help you hear better the important stuff.

Thinking about it, 2020 had an awareness penalty for wearing helmets. Remember how wearing a gas mask affected your vision in Metro? I would like to see that too, blurred/distorted vision and a slight loss of peripheral.

it was out of tone and that s why it started with "let's flame"
i just want the best for this game but not getting A N Y T H I N G from cdpr is starting to grow on me,maybe some vacation would help...

i just want the best for this game but not getting A N Y T H I N G from cdpr is starting to grow on me,maybe some vacation would help...

We know mate. As I said, we went though the phase you're in right now not that long ago. "When it's ready" is not doing our patience any favours. But hey, once TW3 is out and hyped, then it will be the time for 2077. And it will rock so hard!

We know mate. As I said, we went though the phase you're in right now not that long ago. "When it's ready" is not doing our patience any favours. But hey, once TW3 is out and hyped, then it will be the time for 2077. And it will rock so hard!

right, then it will be "CP2077 returns" and "CP2077 rising"

Hey, thanks for the sum-up! Those are some nice ideas, I like them. If you feel like summing up some of the other threads main achievements as well, I wouldn't... well... I guess I wouldn't protest. But just if you were like bored..... anyone?? Or if you or anybody had a little cabin fever crawling up their spine, which might be cured by concentrating on all the bright moments that I'm sure this forum has had during the last year.................................................................ok, I admit, I'm trying to go the easy route here^^

I would love to do that, but it wouldn't be as easy as this thread, as i know where are the good post on this one.. Some of the other threads got so jumbled up i would require an experienced team to find the good posts.. Not all of them would make it though.. :D

As for HUDs and their downsides - wearing a helmet could result in an audible dampening effect on how you hear the sounds of your surroundings, that is when you're wearing a cheaper model. A really detailled HUD with a lot of info covering much of your field of view in first-person could result in a penalty for visual perception in a possible perceptions mechanic that was derived from the tabletop game (That is, if you were still relying on your inborn senses in this area and given there is such a mechanic in the pen & paper game... I have to admit that I never had the chance to play it). Same effect could be suffered when wearing a cheaper smartshades-version with a lot of frequent factory pre installed flashy advertisments.

Thats a very decent idea, HUD's bring in so many advantages to the player, they should also have some down sides, like in the above sum-up, we had the idea that HUD's should be hackable, players should be able to get viruses from illegal software but that wouldn't be enough, different HUD's (like a cheap HUD and so on) should have different disadvantages..

really good sum-up wars, well done

Thanks my friend.. You know, i do what i can for the sake of the community and stuff.. :D

We all want whats best for this game, like you, we have been waiting for a decent Cyberpunk RPG game for years.. And we completely understand you, we want to see some news just as badky, so no need to get all worked up about this, we all are as upset as you are..

right, then it will be "CP2077 returns" and "CP2077 rising"

CyberBat? Uh uh BatPunk! :D

Top Bottom