What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
I just want shorter loading times and a non-combat 3rd person option.... That's all I ask for.
I doubt 3rd person will every make it into the game, it is far too rudimentary in it's current state.

Seriously though, didn't these take like 5mins to code - like all together? o_O
I heard from a modder that the minimap zoom was a real pain and he actually doubted CDPR would be able to accomplish it that easily. There are apparently also issues with these mods and CDPR needs to make sure they work on all platforms. (I think the modder mentioned that consoles were particularly difficult due to the way the minimap handles the streaming.)

This sentence could be interpreted in many ways. The stream tomorrow will , if we're lucky, clarify what the size of 1.3 is actually gonna be.

I really appreciate you guys doing a stream tomorrow. Dealing with the community must've been tough, and I totally understand turning off comments on Youtube. As much as there's people that are overly negative, there's also a huge part of the community that just wants to see this game succeed.

An honest, and open stream about the state of the game, what's coming and what CDPR is focusing on is exactly what's needed right now. I hope that the stream is the beginning of a more open - and frequent line of communication with the community.,
Yeah, I'm also looking forward to the stream after ages (well, it felt like it!) of radio silence.

* Improve the fighting with Netrunners. There is a mod (AI Netrunners Enhanced) that greatly improves the fighting against netrunners, we would love it to be in the game.
I doubt this will make it into the game, but I try to remain optimistic. But things like these are often addressed by modders, as can be seen in Witcher 3.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the patch and hope it will be released this week.

Last edited:
How about you implement FSR into the game, there are millions of people who would use it, small studios can do it, why cant you guys? :(

if I'm not mistaken the game is sponsored by nvidia....

Goes to show how bad the perk trees are when they had to add a next to free reset button straight in the stats screen.

:rolleyes:
plus: attribute points (strenght, intelligence, cool etc) can't still be erased :rolleyes:

There are videos, too, no need to bother with reading the text one finds annoying. Full patchnotes will come out soon.
And what if you're somewhere where you can't watch a video (which was my case when I read the news?). And why not read it anyway since it may have more info than the video?
And no, no fun allowed when it feels like a company has made fun of you for years. I want to stress on "it feels like" because I don't want to start a useless conversation about potential false advertising and whatnot, since we all know it's useless.

Last edited:
The quality of life update I'm hoping for is a way to customize your character's appearance after character creation. For example, I would love a free DLC that adds facial/body reconstruction ripperdocs (or gives existing ripperdocs the ability), along with new hairstyles, tattoos, and so on.

I'll save my judgement until the real patch notes are out, but anyway...

Only the minimap is something the community really asked for. You still cannot reset attributes, if i understand correctly, only perks. And that confusion with the Angel / Skye choice was actually more amusing than annoying, there are a lot of great memes about it.

So, i just hope the rest is not a bunch of generic bug fixes. Guess we'll know soon enough. I'm actually much more excited to know that finally tomorrow we will be getting some info about DLCs. Let's hope we're talking REAL info here, with a detailed roadmap or something.

Am I the only person who played CP77 with the minimap GPS turned off? It was quite more fun playing it that way though, driving freely through Night City, finding your way through your destination.

I'm aware of the minimap problem. It needed to be addressed. But for me, it was like "meeh, just turn it off and have more fun."

Goes to show how bad the perk trees are when they had to add a next to free reset button straight in the stats screen.

:rolleyes:
plus: attribute point can't still be erased

...anyway even if it is not really a dlc / patch I would like to see a high-res texture pack, many textures are really low quality ... and I would like to have some video option to set the pre-patch 1.1 rendering, definitely better in terms of lod, effects, etc ...the graphics was noticeable nerfed with latest patches even on high end PCs :disapprove:

It seems that the creativity of the announcement was glossed over by the small changes.

I have to hand it to the team that came up with the delivery, on point. Dropping slight jabs was pretty hilarious and I appreciate the work. Well done.

Guest 3847602

And what if you're somewhere where you can't watch a video (which was my case when I read the news?). And why not read it anyway since it may have more info than the video?
Read the comments, I guess... :shrug:
And yes, no fun allowed when it feels like a company has made fun of you for years.
Well, they've apologized for the messy launch on consoles and offered refunds to anyone who wanted them. They're not going to indulge in self-flagellation and fall on their knees to beg for forgiveness.
People have been asking for status updates for months. They gave us an update, we'll know more soon enough.

Read the comments, I guess... :shrug:

Well, they've apologized for the messy launch on consoles and offered refunds to anyone who wanted them. They're not going to indulge in self-flagellation and fall on their knees to beg for forgiveness.
People have been asking for status updates for months. They gave us an update, we'll know more soon enough.
The comments on the official cyberpunk website? Where? Still, why shouldn't I read the whole thing if that's the way they decided to communicate it to their customers? It indeed has the important bits between the lines, where Devs say the improvement they made.

They don't need to indulge on anything, they can do whatever they want. I just think this type of communication is not appropriate given the whole situation.

I don't even want to comment on the apology "the game got 9 and 10 on pc".

Am I the only person who played CP77 with the minimap GPS turned off? It was quite more fun playing it that way though, driving freely through Night City, finding your way through your destination.

I'm aware of the minimap problem. It needed to be addressed. But for me, it was like "meeh, just turn it off and have more fun."
In games I thoroughly enjoy I like to turn off most HUD elements and I've played Witcher 3 without it. With Cyperpunk 2077 it seems to be a bit too difficult, at least for my 1st playthrough. However, it is even more enjoyable when the game is designed with this very thought of being able to navigate the world without the help of a minimap.

While it does make sense, or at least is explainable, in a world like Cyberpunk it does not fit into Witcher 3.

Implementing third person into a game designed around first person isn't a simple task. They would have to create/modify animations, not just for the body, but facial animations for every single bit of dialogue as well. They would have to also revamp how NPCs reacted to the player in every single situation. Many of the game's scenes during stories are crafted with first person perspecive in mind. The list goes on, it is definitely not something that could just be switched on.

As much as I would love third person, I think it's important to set realistic expectations of what CDPR will do for updates.

Last edited:
In games I thoroughly enjoy I like to turn off most HUD elements and I've played Witcher 3 without it. With Cyperpunk 2077 it seems to be a bit too difficult, at least for my 1st playthrough. However, it is even more enjoyable when the game is designed with this very thought of being able to navigate the world without the help of a minimap.

While it does make sense, or at least is explainable, in a world like Cyberpunk it does not fit into Witcher 3.
I do this, too. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, especially, is very immersive with the HUD disabled, to the point where, while traversing the city, more than once, I forgot it was a game. The movement, physics, etc. are so close to what you'd expect them to be IRL, it's scary, sometimes.

Top Bottom