What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
The things highlighted seem odd. They're small changes being highlighted in video and having this RP text thought up for it. Feels like greater effort is put presenting smaller things, because there isn't anything bigger to present. I'm hoping that stream changes something about this...

The things highlighted seem odd. They're small changes being highlighted in video and having this RP text thought up for it. Feels like greater effort is put presenting smaller things, because there isn't anything bigger to present. I'm hoping that stream changes something about this...

It better. Or things are going to get much uglier for CDPR from here.

You seriously have to stop formatting your updates like this, just post the changes coming and be done with it or at least make it crystal clear what the changes are while keeping it like a news update which you seem so unbelievably hellbent on doing.

The format was charming before the game came out with Night City Wire, but I would really like to be told straight up what I'm getting, CDPR.

I just hope this next update doesn't make the game look even worse. If it does, I think it'll be time for me to move on. It already seems like the "next gen" update is going to do little more than "maybe" restore how the game looked on my PC before all these patches, at best.

Fingers crossed.

I admit that I find it difficult to understand those who criticize the "post's form" and especially how a much more "serious" post like below would have been "better". Because frankly, it's cool to read and we can underline the effort that has been made to stick to the theme of the game.
But something probably escapes me :)
Patch 1.3 development insight
  • Improved minimap (when driving).
<video>
  • Better way to choose Angel/Skye during "Automatic Love".
<video>
  • Resetable perks in the inventory.
<video>

More infos about changes in 1.3
Live Stream on Twitch tomorrow - 18:00 CEST on August 17th
Better ? I don't think so :D

That was about as informative as peering through a black hole to try to see what's on the other side.

Is there anything hinted at in that rambling post that isn't already implemented in a mod? Better GPS. Maybe better vehicle handling? Maybe something to do with clothing?

Whelp, I hope there's significantly more to the patch than that. That's about as impressive as a fart in a hurricane. It's as though they built a monolithic code base that doesn't allow flexibility of, or easy alteration of, features or addition of new or better ones. Seriously, the game was released last year and this was all they could manage? It's as though they only have one person working one day a month on the patches

They are gathering interest for the update. Just be patient, you waited this long clearly you can wait a day. Its just a taste. They want everyone to watch the stream.

If they feel comfortable talking about it on stream then you should have no worries. But people here still need to keep their expectations low. The game needs a lot of work and baby steps is expected. Its a miracle the pulled off this much fixing.

No matter how big the update is, I have seriously lost interest in the game.
Tell me about it... After the news dropped about 1.3 I was seriously tempted to start a new character in preparation for when it was released... I only got as far as the character creator before I changed my mind, because I knew that pretty much as soon as I started the game I'd be getting annoyed with all the problems it still has on base XB1. I'll wait until it does get released, and I've read the full patch notes, before I start a character and have a look. But honestly, Im not especially hopeful given recent patches/hotfixes.

IDK, that sounds absolutely underwhelming, for the long wait, for the state the game is still in and for the long silence from the devs.
I hope the patch does a lot more than what I can gleam from this, but I doubt it.
It really feels as if embarrassingly little has been done so far to improve the game.
I also don't see why for the game to run better on old consoles, the pc experience had to be nerfed as well.
Just so many problems, so little done, and they are so bad with communications.
Post automatically merged:

No one is ever satisfied. Even when they finally give an update and make a thing of it, people are upset.

Probably because people didn't want a thing to be made of it, but just wanted to be better informed by CDPR for the whole time and maybe because, like I wrote above, it doesn't sound/reads as if the patch does that much, considering how much time has passed.

I admit that I find it difficult to understand those who criticize the "post's form" and especially how a much more "serious" post like below would have been "better". Because frankly, it's cool to read and we can underline the effort that has been made to stick to the theme of the game.
But something probably escapes me :)

Better ? I don't think so :D
i could not care less about the "theme of the game" because i haven't played it in 7 months, i just want them to fix the game and the way they are communicating these changes in these posts is just too unclear, I've seen many people be confused about just what is being changed because it's not said outright and instead is just hinted at.

After the false advertising we got with the launch of CP2077, I much enjoy your example better, no room for BS from them and straight to the point.

To people who complain about the changes highlighted in the original post, please read it again: "Though they’re not the biggest ones and there’ll be more to come (as soon as more documents get declassified), we’re excited to give you a sneak peek at what’s coming."
Let's be just a bit more patient and see what the actual patch will bring :)
Very valid point. I just hope they deliver it as a news broadcast cosplay.

Top Bottom