What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
Not to be crazy but I think it was always going to be minor tweaks to everything. The cops appearing out of nowhere, the vehicles no longer being quest markers, the map minimarker, and so on.

Mostly I admit I'm here for the hotfixes and getting the gun runnable.

Am I to understand Nvidia does not give a rats behind about its users and would want to block a feature that could enable its own users?
Yes, nVidia would do such a thing.

No one is ever satisfied. Even when they finally give an update and make a thing of it, people are upset.
Well, I think that's simply because some enjoy the format and some don't. I'm happy that they communicated with us, no matter the format. I'm also looking forward to the stream today :)

In line with other software companies I think maybe a short promo video in future to announce a new patch, then influencers and writers can spend their time going over every inch and produce their speculative content rather than having three update items singled and pointed out as a lot of people have difficulty understanding the written format.

Maybe some take it too seriously, we talk about a game where the goal is to have fun. In this perspective, this post is perfect for annoncing a Stream.
Honestly, the community team don't announce the end of the world or a world disaster, it's just an update (maybe important), but hey, they don't need to be really "serious"... it's a simple game :)

You used to be the among the best and now you are like all the rest. I am extremely disappointed with you CDPR. It is almost impossible to believe that you are the same people who made the Witcher. Shame on you CDPR.

Features highlighted in the post are not very impressive, but I suppose at least in case of the minimap: they picked it, because it was something a lot of people complained about. Again, as suggested by the OP, we can expect more relevant things. Soon we will see.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us who don't have a twitch and don't want one, I'll look forward to a non-hysterical summation of major points chatted about in due course, if anyone would be so kind. Non-hysterical, and with no presuppositions written through it, would be great
I'm quite confident that CDPR community team will post a summary of the stream on the forum. And maybe/probably also a replay on YouTube :)
(like in Japan, it will be 1am when the stream starts, you would have to be a "warrior" (or very very interested) to stay awake just to see the stream)

Well this was a let down to read, nothing groundbreaking at all.

- The "Mini Map" is already fixed by moders long time ago (like a lot of broken things is in CP2077).
- The Cloud fix i really don't know what you are talking about?
- The perk reset has never been an issue what i know about?

And for god sake make a plain list of changes instead of making that media news!

Did have higher hopes then this in the first reveal of what we could expect from the next patch that we all have been waiting for so long, I really hope that the rest of the patch will have better things that this!

Well this was a let down to read, nothing groundbreaking at all.

- The "Mini Map" is already fixed by moders long time ago (like a lot of broken things is in CP2077).
- The Cloud fix i really don't know what you are talking about?
- The perk reset has never been an issue what i know about?

And for god sake make a plain list of changes instead of making that media news!

Did have higher hopes then this in the first reveal of what we could expect from the next patch that we all have been waiting for so long, I really hope that the rest of the patch will have better things that this!
Have you watched the video about the stream at the very bottom of the post ?
Those three points are just a "preview", more about changes in patch 1.3, the very first DLC and "maybe even more"on the Stream ;)
Just like the last time, a full list of changes is coming soon! However, if you’re anxious to hear what else is new in Night City, join REDstreams with our experts tomorrow on CD PROJEKT RED’s Twitch channel. The stream will be in English and will start at 18:00 CEST on August 17th.

Guest 3847602

For now you only add what the modding already fixed....
- minimap mod is glitchy
- mod can be incompatible with other mods
- in worst case scenario, mods can corrupt your save file
- mod fixing something means nothing to console users
because i mean all this time for like 3 mods....
Wait for full patch notes, because the ones for 1.2 update were ginormous.

Top Bottom