What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
I'm quite confident that CDPR community team will post a summary of the stream on the forum. And maybe/probably also a replay on YouTube :)
(like in Japan, it will be 1am when the stream starts, you would have to be a "warrior" (or very very interested) to stay awake just to see the stream)

Ah I'm no more likely to watch a stream on youtube as I am on twitch, hence the request for a written summary. A quick glance at this thread reveals why I've specifically asked for a factual and non-prejudiced report. It's all good, I can certainly wait for the patch notes, V3 is sat patiently waiting to jump on some parade floats and execute everything that moves once the patch drops, he'd be busier but ESO is soooooo addictive :whistle:

No one is ever satisfied. Even when they finally give an update and make a thing of it, people are upset.
I doubt anyone is upset that they've given an update finally, just the form it took. It would have been better in a straightforward format that was easier to understand. I get that they want to do in a CP77 style but, at the moment, they should communicate more clearly.

Plus, people are probably upset because they worry this is the best the update has to offer, despite what they say about them not being the biggest updates. We all remember the updates so far, and the highlighted updates ending up being the best on offer.

Guest 3847602

I'm kind of holding my breath that perk reset goes with game balancing/difficulty adjustment, because if not thats a movement in the wrong direction in terms of mechanics.
Me too, but, on the other hand, I don't think I know of any game that makes adjustments to difficulty after "reset skills/perks/whatever" function is used. Looks like it will function exactly the same as tabula e-rasa, just at the much lower cost.

Can't wait to see the rest in a normal list as this is underwhelming and unreadable.

What troubles me is this:
"It was one of my first tasks when I moved to this project and I was digging into code for a long time because I wanted to understand our UI videos system, and at the end I realised that the problem is in video setup. Value for video time was shorter than the video sequence. This way, players will better understand the decision they are making in this story sequence." — Natalia, UI Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Natalia starts at CDPR and gets a task. To resolve is to find out how a function within the platform is created. she has to go trough the code. There is no written information about how it works and no one in the company she can ask or feels safe to ask. She has to go trough the code for "a long time" to understand how it works and find out that the value for the video duration doesn't fit the length of that video, resulting in an easy and quick solution.
If it shows anything it is that documentation about the tools they use is non existing or not known by all employers. There are no programmers who can be consulted for certain parts of the code and resulting in a lot of waisted time to solve small irregularities. Project management really failed on an epic scale when I read these kind of things. I'm surprised CDPR is so open that they want to throw this out to the public and it clarifies the state the game was and still is in and the slow progress but I hope they go for a more organized approach for their next game.

Natalia starts at CDPR and gets a task. To resolve is to find out how a function within the platform is created. she has to go trough the code. There is no written information about how it works and no one in the company she can ask or feels safe to ask. She has to go trough the code for "a long time" to understand how it works and find out that the value for the video duration doesn't fit the length of that video, resulting in an easy and quick solution.
Isn't one of the tenets of agile project management for software development to deliver working code instead of lenghty documentation? So in theory, the situation at CDPR would be not unusual? But, probably, they didn't deliver any working code, either...

Yeha I know you guys are working really hard on this game but I really don't hope this are the biggest changes for this game?

Me too, but, on the other hand, I don't think I know of any game that makes adjustments to difficulty after "reset skills/perks/whatever" function is used. Looks like it will function exactly the same as tabula e-rasa, just at the much lower cost.
My hope is that easy perk reset is provided because difficulty/combat ai is improved, so it makes sense to respec in a mid walkthrough... if not, its a bad movement in terms of mechanics since defeats character progression.
Probably they didn't reset attributes,because skills are linked to them. The game as it is now forgives "wasting" perk points imho.

If it shows anything it is that documentation about the tools they use is non existing or not known by all employers. There are no programmers who can be consulted for certain parts of the code and resulting in a lot of waisted time to solve small irregularities. Project management really failed on an epic scale when I read these kind of things. I'm surprised CDPR is so open that they want to throw this out to the public and it clarifies the state the game was and still is in and the slow progress but I hope they go for a more organized approach for their next game.
It could very well be the this task was also intended for Natalie to familiarise herself with the code. While senior developers could have assisted her, they probably preferred her doing her own research while they worked on other issues. This also clearly shows that internally, CDPR does not consider this fix as important as it appears to be.

So... I realised that I can, apparently, watch Twitch on my console.
Question is: What's the name of the channel they use?
I'm doing a search for REDStreams but I can't find one called that. Yet anyway.

I also don't get what Clouds is about. Like, seriously, this is one of the fixes you use to restart communication after months of radio silence? This? My expectations for the stream today are realllly low based on these "highlights", but maybe that was CDPR's plan?

Probably they didn't reset attributes,because skills are linked to them. The game as it is now forgives "wasting" perk points imho.
I think about Skill/attribute it could be for avoid those kind of gameplay :
Oh god, I need body skill for this dialogue : reload > reset skill points > I'm good.
Oh crap, I need Tech skill for this door : reload > reset skill points > I'm good.

Edit :
Or maybe most important, if you reset your skills, what do you do with all the xp, advantages (like crafting specs, bonus) and perk points unlocked by these skills...
You "reset" them ? So you have to restart to 0, annoying...
You keep them ? And there, theoretically you are able unlock all the advantages/Bonus/perk points in the game, not so good, I think...

Last edited:
So... I realised that I can, apparently, watch Twitch on my console.
Question is: What's the name of the channel they use?
I'm doing a search for REDStreams but I can't find one called that. Yet anyway.
I think you should find it with simply typing "CD Projekt Red"
Capture d’écran 2021-08-17 à 11.50.54.png

The amount of people I saw complaining about skye and angel I would have thought more people would be happy about this change for the hard of reading

Merely the fact that people have complained so vociferously about this for them to address it makes my mind boggle, but there you go. I certainly chose wrong first time, admonished myself for not paying attention and left it at that, with an 'in for a penny' approach to my mis-choice. It's only a game after all.

I think about Skill/attribute it could be for avoid those kind of gameplay :
Oh god, I need body skill for this dialogue : reload > reset skill points > I'm good.
Oh crap, I need Tech skill for this door : reload > reset skill points > I'm good.
Don't know,the game is already designed with redundancy to avoid "failed builds"...you cannot get blocked progression by attributes . Lets see what they say in stream,full patch notes but 1st glance seems to go against "deeper" mechanics

"maybe even more"on the Stream ;)

After everything that has happened I think we should be way past "maybe even more" and most definitely getting more information.

- What is the team aiming to accomplish with CP2077 during the next quarter? Ballpark estimates and rough outlines are just fine, no need to potentially commit to something.
- What are the biggest issues the game has in it's current state according to the team?
- How many people are working on CP2077?
-Are there going to be any changes regarding communication and community engagement?

Last edited:
Top Bottom