What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
i don't want to come of as mean or anything but is showing a pop up screen for a couple seconds longer during one of the quests seriously one of the highlights of the new patch we've been waiting for 4 months? from the perspective of cdpr is this really a big enough change to warrant a paragraph of flavour text to hype the fanbase? it honestly feels a little like you are making fun of the people who bought the game

The form is good, I enjoy reading it but in my opinion it is more suited for bigger substantial features.

This pompous writing paired with three little changes is quite laughable. When I started to read about the first change, I legit thought we are getting autonomous driving for our cars. When I realized what the second change is about I felt embarrassed for them. Again at first I thought they are allowing us to go back to Clouds and enjoy their services regularly.

Yes I know this is just a preview but I can't get the sour taste out of my mouth.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the "Maybe even more" is only for not spoil the Stream, nothing more, nothing less ;)
(implied: "probably/certainly even more")

Then they should just state there will be a stream tomorrow, tune in for new information. That kind of playful teasing is something they could do if the game was in a more complete state.

I really think CDPR should get a more serious tone about fixing the game. When the barn is on fire you carry water instead of cracking jokes.

i don't want to come of as mean or anything but is showing a pop up screen for a couple seconds longer during one of the quests seriously one of the highlights of the new patch we've been waiting for 4 months? from the perspective of cdpr is this really a big enough change to warrant a paragraph of flavour text to hype the fanbase? it honestly feels a little like you are making fun of the people who bought the game
CDPR don't said/writed that these points are the "best" changes planned in 1.3... It's more probably "average" changes.
The "goods" will be probably, certainly explain/exposed in the Stream ;)
Like they know that many players are waiting for DLCs even more than changes, but no lines about them. Watch the Stream for that (or wait for a replay on Youtube or summary on the forum) :)

Last edited:
CDPR don't said/writed that these points are the "best" changes planned in 1.3... It's more probably "average" changes.
The "goods" will be probably, certainly explain/exposed in the Stream ;)
Like they know that many players are waiting for DLCs even more than changes, but no lines about them. Watch the Stream for that (or wait for a replay on Youtube or summary on the forum) :)

that doesn't make much sense to me though. why would they create flavour text and use these minor fixes to try to hype up the fanbase while burying the supposedly "big changes" somewhere in a stream? reverse psychology?

Last edited:
Another update, another LOD distance viewing downgrade...
Seems like they didn't show us the next gen patch yet. ;)

I think the draw distance looks quite similar to 1.23 though. E.g. The shadows on the highway in the video with the car. They just didn't use the same controller input for both videos.

You realize modders have fixed this stuff like 8 months ago, right? Modders have done more for this game individually than your entire development team has done collectively since the failed launch. This is more insulting than when you went silent and failed to meet your timeline. Just keep your mouths shut and quietly push out these tiny "fixes" without any announcement if this is really what you have to offer in a "patch."

- minimap mod is glitchy
- mod can be incompatible with other mods
- in worst case scenario, mods can corrupt your save file
- mod fixing something means nothing to console users

Wait for full patch notes, because the ones for 1.2 update were ginormous.
Yup, I'm a console user so the map fix is quite a big deal. That said I'm also keen to see what else has been mended and improved, can't wait for the actual patch notes.

Also hoping that there is some firm news on the dlc/update timetable either in the stream or a written statement.

The newswire has served its purpose though, for us all taking about it and more people will watch the stream as a result. Marketing is just marketing, can't really blame them for trying:shrug:
Post automatically merged:

After everything that has happened I think we should be way past "maybe even more" and most definitely getting more information.

- What is the team aiming to accomplish with CP2077 during the next quarter? Ballpark estimates and rough outlines are just fine, no need to potentially commit to something.
- What are the biggest issues the game has in it's current state according to the team?
- How many people are working on CP2077?
-Are there going to be any changes regarding communication and community engagement?
I'd expect that detail in their Q3 company statement, not in a patch announcement.

Last edited:
Base game is more or less in a complete state.
I trully hope that your idea of a bad joke, or maybe sarcasm, I can never tell online without some kind of emoji. lol
If this really is as good as it's going to get, it's definitely among the worst games I've played - and I stress that I've played, I'm sure there are games out there that are even worse.
Especially when comes to what we were told we would get, and what we actually recieved. They should do a Bethesda and make the game able to use mods on console, at least, hopefully, PC users could then port some of their fixes for us too.

why would they create flavour text and use these minor fixes to try to hype up the fanbase while burying the supposedly "big changes" somewhere in a stream? reverse psychology?
Maybe to try to keep the Stream interesting with some "new" infos ? Like maybe "big" changes, infos about the first DLC,...
For me, for a post destined to annonce a Stream (24H after...), it make sense :)
(Reveal in a post, all infos/news/changes 24 hours before streaming about that... that, it make no sense...)

Guest 3847602

I trully hope that your idea of a bad joke, or maybe sarcasm, I can never tell online without some kind of emoji. lol
If this really is as good as it's going to get, it's definitely among the worst games I've played - and I stress that I've played, I'm sure there are games out there that are even worse.
Especially when comes to what we were told we would get, and what we actually recieved. They should do a Bethesda and make the game able to use mods on console, at least, hopefully, PC users could then port some of their fixes for us too.
It's neither sarcasm or joke, Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty much what it is in terms of core gameplay mechanics and story. Nobody's remaking this game. Only people who've been talking about the do-over are clickbait journalists (mostly, one, specific "journalist") and youtubers.

OK twitch.tv does not show any upcomming streams at CD project red channel.

It was suppse to be today, right? Am I hallucinating?

OK twitch.tv does not show any upcomming streams at CD project red channel.

It was suppse to be today, right? Am I hallucinating?

you are hallucinating
1629202288974.png

Ok

1629202676030.png

looks like twitch UI is unhelpful - since I cannot scroll to further times to see what's up.

Clicking on schedule and seeing nothing planned - excuse my confussion. I don't frequent twitch too often, partially because I don't get their UI.

Thanks, imma keep that open. I don't want to miss this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom