Open World

+

J'an

Forum regular
What do you think? Will there be a change? How the open world works?
Until now the open world is really useless. It's only a big shell for the story. I really wish the open world would be more like in The Elder Scrolls or Fallout where you can discover a lot of things and quest.
Don't understand me wrong. I really like the main story and presentation that is really good in Cyperpunk but the open world itself is dead and useless.

One change that could have made a difference is that instead of phone calls we'd get the gigs from the fixers directly. And that they each have their hub/area. Right now it's only Rogue with the Afterlife, but the others could have something similar. Regina has her control floor but really no reason to go there...

Could also be a place where we'd run into other mercs, which is another change that would be neat. Some fixers may asign the same gig to others and we'd run into them during the mission. Lead to some interaction there. And perhaps put a time limit on some, right now we can get a call that someone is trouble and meh... I'll wait a week and still be able to save them without any difference in the outcome.
The time sensitive ones would be the ones that would be over the phone maybe since it's more urgent.

Maybe for Cyberpunk 2 :)

In a "connected" world, like we are now, there already are many "itinerant" workers who only receive their "missions/jobs" only by phone/emails/messages and never see their "boss" in real :)

True, and can also add that certain gigs may require some discretion so not something one would meet for, and use a drop point like we do all the time. But lots of peeps in the game world seem to be of the old kind and want a face to face meeting, even though we never do it. Also instead of just dropping off something valuable in a random post box it would have to be in the hands of another person (like Reginas china thingy).

But also for the sake of game world and the "romantic" part of it, it would be nicer to meet more people face to face. Even plan missions like the Hellman stuff you do with Rogue and Panam. Or the stuff with T-bug and Dex.
In the before time, when having finished a mission you'd go celebrate with Jackie, now when you're done it's a quick phone call, thanks, money transfer and done.

True, and can also add that certain gigs may require some discretion so not something one would meet for, and use a drop point like we do all the time. But lots of peeps in the game world seem to be of the old kind and want a face to face meeting, even though we never do it. Also instead of just dropping off something valuable in a random post box it would have to be in the hands of another person (like Reginas china thingy).

But also for the sake of game world and the "romantic" part of it, it would be nicer to meet more people face to face. Even plan missions like the Hellman stuff you do with Rogue and Panam. Or the stuff with T-bug and Dex.
In the before time, when having finished a mission you'd go celebrate with Jackie, now when you're done it's a quick phone call, thanks, money transfer and done.
Yep, more is always better :)
In my opinion, GIGs are not really "quests", they are just here for make money, loots and xp (or simply to pass time with fun). They have a little story/background (sometimes very interesting, sometimes less) and quite good level desining for doing them in different way.
But I totally agree, they could be improved, that's for sure ;)

I don't know. CDPR hasn't said anything that makes me think they'll ever turn the game into an open world adventure like you're describing. Maybe they will.

On the other hand, mods are in progress that do many of these things. I can't recommend them because I haven't tried them, but based on the descriptions and comments on Nexus, they sound really promising to me.

Never seeing your boss sounds like a dream come true if you ask me
That can happen in real life, I already worked for someone (man or woman, who know...), that I never knew his/her real name (simply his/her nickname). But obviously, the real name of his/her society who paid me.
A little bit like Mr Hands :D
(the opposite is also true, his/her society don't paid me directly... so I suppose he/she didn't know my name...)

The joices (or not) of internet jobs :)

Top Bottom