What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
I trully hope that your idea of a bad joke, or maybe sarcasm, I can never tell online without some kind of emoji. lol
If this really is as good as it's going to get, it's definitely among the worst games I've played - and I stress that I've played, I'm sure there are games out there that are even worse.
Especially when comes to what we were told we would get, and what we actually recieved. They should do a Bethesda and make the game able to use mods on console, at least, hopefully, PC users could then port some of their fixes for us too.
CDPR said they consider the game complete, the only problem according to them is old gen consoles performances. "It got 9 and 10 on pc". I agree this is extremely disappointing but that's the harsh reality.

What was the problem with Clouds? that people who didnt pay attention picked the wrong person? seriously?
The problem was that if you were following the dialog, halfway through, the choices would disappear, and you would be left guessing what name belonged to which doll. So it's not not paying attention, but paying attention to other things instead of what is in the middle of the screen for a handful of seconds. I was paying attention to what the receptionist was saying and therefore focused on her, so by the time I was ready to make my choice, I could no longer see what my choices were.

Ok

View attachment 11245267
looks like twitch UI is unhelpful - since I cannot scroll to further times to see what's up.

Clicking on schedule and seeing nothing planned - excuse my confussion. I don't frequent twitch too often, partially because I don't get their UI.

Thanks, imma keep that open. I don't want to miss this.
Seems to be live now if you go to clips, not showing on my schedule either

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210817-134530_Twitch.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-134530_Twitch.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 110
CDPR said they consider the game complete, the only problem according to them is old gen consoles performances....
I know what they said, and they're wrong when at the same time they say performance on consoles is a problem. How is it complete and working etc if a sizable chunk of people can't play it properly because of performance issues... amongst other problems?
(Not asking you, but them)

I know what they said, and they're wrong when at the same time they say performance on consoles is a problem. How is it complete and working etc if a sizable chunk of people can't play it properly because of performance issues... amongst other problems?
I've seen a few people say that cdpr consider the game complete now, you appear to know where they said this,.. could you link to me where this was said? (I've seen them say that they consider the current stability of the game to be of an acceptable standard but not that the game was complete)

I also don't get what Clouds is about. Like, seriously, this is one of the fixes you use to restart communication after months of radio silence? This? My expectations for the stream today are realllly low based on these "highlights", but maybe that was CDPR's plan?

I think it boils down to the fact that CDPR was satisfied with the game once it was able to run on consoles. They do not have any plans for major changes, only tweaks.

(Not asking you, but them)\

It's probably better to realize the game is what it is. The hotfixes and downgrades are to get it working as best it can be.

Guest 3847602

Just so we're clear on this, by "complete game" I didn't mean that they're not working on optimization anymore, but that they won't change the fundamentals, i.e., they won't change how hacking works, they won't add wallrunning, they won't allow you to join gangs, they won't redo the story to make 1 lifepath = one storyline, as some people imagined, etc... Those things will remain the same.
Optimization, small QoL improvements, changes to inventory screen, re-balancing some perks, and so on is not impossible.

I've seen a few people say that cdpr consider the game complete now, you appear to know where they said this,.. could you link to me where this was said? (I've seen them say that they consider the current stability of the game to be of an acceptable standard but not that the game was complete)
I 2nd this, I’m really curious where was stated that CDPR consider CP as finished… I get used to watch official posts related to this game, but maybe I missed something. Thx.

So...improved one conversation, better minimap(fixed by modders a long time ago) and easier respecs(fixed by modders a long time ago)...

Even if the full list of changes is more comprehensive, if these were the best ones from the lot they chose to promote the patch than the update will be exceptionally underwhelming.

CDPR has put a lot of moderation in twitch chat. In some ways that's a good thing, it would devolve into negativity far too quickly otherwise.

Maybe someone should start a thread on here for the stream specifically. But who knows, maybe we'll get a 1.3 post right after it ends.

EDIT: Well, not to anyone's surprise chat is completely toxic as usual. Hope the devs don't see this as a negative. Although the stream is a bit awkward, I'm happy they're at least open to communication.

Last edited:
Maybe someone should start a thread on here for the stream specifically. But who knows, maybe we'll get a 1.3 post right after it ends.
I think someone (CDPR) will post a new thread about the stream (in any case, that could probably be a good idea, I think).
When I look the chat, damn It's scary... Good luck to the moderation and streamers :D
(hype train over 250%, here we go...)
Post automatically merged:

Leave the forum !!!

"we try to answer questions from the chat"
Good luck if you manage to read it o_O

"we learn our lesson to talking about things before they are done" :)

Last edited:
- Ability to craft a stack of items
- Reset Perks for 17800 credits
- General fixes for certain perks
- Resetting attributes is apparently very difficult and they don't know if they are working on it.
- Cat pet in the apartment
- Improvements to cat behavior
- Viktor Vektor Clothing pack DLC is the first DLC pack, reportedly very small in size.
- Two Jackets
- 1.3 will be the biggest patch CDPR has introduced yet
- Mirror expressions now change "more substantially"
- Two minutes spent at vending machine to buy the single served pistol
- "It's very difficult to make a patch like this for a live game"
- T-pose glitch on stream
- "We have been working on object streaming, we have been working on a lot of things"
- "We know the things you want, and we are working on a lot of those things"
- Quartz Bandit vehicle
- Codex entries now listed next to quest journal
- "Philosophy with DLCs is that they should always be included in the game world, not just activated from a menu"
- "Hopefully upcoming DLCs will make the game a bit more full"
- "Jackie used to be a real asshole in a earlier build of the game"
- Minimap zooms out when you get in a car, this was apparently very difficult to fix
- Lot of development difficulty stems from Cyberpunk being on 8 different platforms
- New "Additional content" tab in main menu
- Alternate appearance for Silverhand.
- Expansions will be talked about some other time
- You can unlock a secret ending by picking some specific dialogue in one certain conversation with Johnny.
- Those are all the changes they will talk about today, more changes in patch notes.
- "Some changes are not worth mentioning"
- "We cant talk about expansion, but without promising anything I think it's cool"
- "This is one more step in bringing the game to a point where we want it to be"
- The patch will be out "Soon", no date given. "Please don't force us to give a release date"

Patch Notes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom