Patch 1.3 — list of changes

+
HOLY HELL...... this patch is amazing and so much of it.
CDPR truly, truly cares. They went above and beyond with this one. Its incredible the amount of work that must of gone into this. Very impressive and well deserve of praise to the fullest. I'm very stoked and can't wait for what the future awaits with their awesome team behind this game.

Thank you CDPR for all your hard work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one was "forced" to watch the stream, you could just wait the patch note if you wanted ;)

And it is perfectly fine you thought it was ok, last thing I will tell you what to do with your time and what to think.
I just wanted to see what this new format of streams going to look.
Didn't you get a weird feeling when, I think it was Patrick(the quest designer), was kind of feeling bad apologizing?

Later I think they got a little defensive(probably because of the chat), that's why the segment about "making games is hard" happened.
Like, I didn't know this. I know they were in defensive mode and it's understandable.
If you have to spend months after release to finish the game, of course your updates look blurry compared to other similar games, in terms of what was released few months after release.
Because of that, you can't always blame complaining, they know things normally can look much better when you highlight small things as something big.

Bottom line, I can't see yet how this stream can look better until they will not have to apologize for not their mistakes and have something substantial to share.
In my opinion it is just too early for this kind of stuff.
Wanted to see the first stream to check what is their idea, and like you said, once I know, I will not join the next one.

About "Venus in furs" needs to be done before you enter the garage to get the bike. Confirmed.

I had a problem with this exact thing today. I began "Highwayman", but decided to do it the 'right way' (no 'cheating' by getting the bike before meting James). Did the quest how it was supposed to; find James, find Josie, return to James, then drive to the garage and enter the code to open it, get the notification the bike's yours and the quest completes.

The first round I did all up to the garage, open in get the notification but quest goes 'empty' while still in the log (and on the screen). No bike in inventory.

Reverted to an earlier save, just after opening the garage with the busted bike. Had it on pause, did "Venus in furs" and returned to "Highwayman". And it completes.

Customizing cars? I want to be able to buy a Makigai and mod it for Badlands driving: shocks, internal components, engine, tires, color, decals etc.

• Added crafting specs for knives (available from the start of the game).
This will make the "throwing knives stealth build" an actually viable option. I would have preferred a way to pick up thrown knives from dead bodies, but this is a good solution, all things considered.
I did this for a while during my last playthrough, two knives and katana for back up. Takes some patience and investing but it's quite viable.

If knives in quick weapon slots auto equipped new ones automatically as long as there would be knives in inventory, blade build would be quite a killing machine.

This might be fixed or not, I haven't played the game for 2 months... but... Ultra Wide. I have a 3440x1440 monitor and this resolution is the only one that works properly. I wanted to lower the res a bit to add some performance on my 2070 Super but windowed mode.... leaves the desktop showing on either side which is super distracting and annoying... or just stretching the different aspect ratio to look just horrible. How hard is it to have black bars on either side if I want to use a regular 1440p resolution on my monitor?

Also, changing resolution and windowed/full screen usually either crashed the game or froze the picture so I had to reset the whole computer.

And it is perfectly fine you thought it was ok, last thing I will tell you what to do with your time.
I just wanted to see what this new format of streams going to look.
Didn't you get a weird feeling when, I think it was Patrick(the quest designer), was kind felt bad apologizing?

Later I think they got a little defensive(probably because of the chat), that's why the segment about "making games is hard" happened.
Like, I didn't know this. I know they were in defensive mode and it's understandable.
If you have to spend months after release to finish the game, of course your updates look blurry compared to other similar games, in terms of what was released few months after release.
Because of that, you can't always blame complaining, they know things normally can look much better when you highlight small things as something big.

Bottom line, I can't see yet how this stream can look better until they will not have to apologize for not their mistakes and have something substantial to share.
In my opinion it is just too early for this kind of stuff.
Wanted to see the first stream to check what is their idea, and like you said, once I know, I will not join the next one.
After a long moment of silence and the atmosphere around this update, it was very good in my opinion. And it should rather be seen as a quick presentation of the patch and DLCs and not as an official "serious" announcement.
As you say, we felt a bit of tension/stress at one point, but I don't see how not to be, under these conditions. I just want to point out that it was courageous to stream and way better than just posting the patch note directly (like usual).

• Fixed an issue where NPCs' appearances got randomized when looking away.
So, no more pedestrians disappearing and being replaced by different ones the moment you blink, uh? Good to know.

Brilliant, but... why haven't you added a toggle ADS(aim down sights) yet to the settings? it's quite a well requested feature.

The dark vignette when crouching down to sneak bugs the hell outta me. Anyone else? It makes it hard to see when sneaking especially indoors.

Tassi... It's already very surprising that he would watched it... o_O
And honestly, whatever, I watched it myself, no need other opinion on it (Especially Tassi's). So I'll simply ignore all of those kind of videos :D
I find Tassi an interesting one. Not a fan of his articles but his videos I always find, actually, try to be fair. Added to that, he does actually seem to like the game and is thus frustrated at what is happening.

So I don't personally agree with his take because I played CP from patch 1.2 (and consequently didn't find it in any way "broken") and never expected an infinite gameplay experience. But I don't think it's an unfair take.

Top Bottom