Did patch 1.1 mess with the LOD Distance?

+
you can mess with the draw distance in rendering.ini
my current settings:
INI:
[LevelOfDetail]
DecalsHideDistance = 100.0
[Streaming]
DistanceBoost = 42.000000

you can mess with the draw distance in rendering.ini
my current settings:
INI:
[LevelOfDetail]
DecalsHideDistance = 100.0
[Streaming]
DistanceBoost = 42.000000
I tried this some while ago and it didn't change anything. Are you able to see a difference?

Last edited:
As you have proven in this thread, your RX 580 (which is probably damaged) performs worse than a RX 570 at high settings. Please stop spamming these screenshots and stop trying to make Cyberpunk look worse than it usually does on a healthy system purely for your entertainment. It doesn't help anyone to improve the game.
That guy does not show resolution in video. Could be fake. HAving 30 FPS 1080p high with 570 seems fishy. My brother too with GTX 1060 has worse performance. Is he GPU damaged too? The other new games work perfectly fine 4k.
The LOD in the world increase as u aproach to objects:

There is clearly a problem with the game (LOD in distance). Other people have reported this too.
pic1.png

pic2.png

pic3.png

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
patch 1.1 has completely damaged my game (PC / GOG)!

i was one of the lucky ones who had to struggle with only very, very few bugs from start to finish. it was never worth complaining about!

since patch 1.1 all screens ingame show a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs ...everything) load very, very late / build up little by little.

cars are upside down in "some" places, burning and exploding.... WTF!

at many points in the game the npcs are standing inside the cars on the side of the road and have conversations....

the game is now completely broken for me and absolutely unplayable!

it's 100% not because of my "high end" hardware regarding the late loading textures or something like this. before the game was a smooth, a 1 plus for me.
I have already repaired cp2077 but unfortunately without success... the errors still remains as described.

can someone "PLEASE" forward this to cdpr? they only break more with their patches!

(are we their guinea pigs? i have uninstalled the game #CRY)
The game is a mess. Still. With texture streaming before your eyes, objects get more detailed as you get close to them. NPCs and cars still vanish when turning.
Instead of optimizate the game they chose to downgrade decrease LOD closer and closer.

IDK exactly what patch adjusted lod but I have been noticing that more and more on PC. What bothers me the most is the popping in and out of shadows and light sources, which is extremely noticeable, specially in interiors. Then there are also objects like street lights, clutter in general and such that appear in and out of existence at a very short distance. At the same time they improved the lod for billboards though, and also distant buildings (not all of them) look better now and have better textures for the lower quality mesh. I also got better performance in areas where my fps would go down though (on a 3080+10700k), so I also look at the bright side. I think they still need to tune things further for the better on pc, hopefully the next fixes will address that.

Yeah. LODS seem to be worse. Go to the bar just outside NC. Observe the light poles. The bottom pole segment will fade in and out before your eyes. Something glitching out with the occlusion culling clearly.

Yeah. LODS seem to be worse. Go to the bar just outside NC. Observe the light poles. The bottom pole segment will fade in and out before your eyes. Something glitching out with the occlusion culling clearly.
That was happening also with the older versions unfortunately.

That was happening also with the older versions unfortunately.
I wonder if the game does a gpu-check to see how much video ram (vram) is available. if there would be some kind of overload protection, it probably would be easier to automatically adjust settings and make vram utilization more efficient.

Last edited:
I wonder if the game does a gpu-check to see how much video ram (vram) is available. if there would be some kind of overload protection, it probably would be easier to automatically adjust settings and make vram utilization more efficient.
It surely does check that and I think it adjusts the details dynamically based on the amount of stuff on screen. But it could also fail sometimes and cause these nasty issues.

It surely does check that and I think it adjusts the details dynamically based on the amount of stuff on screen. But it could also fail sometimes and cause these nasty issues.
Well, I have no idea how these things work tbh, but some objects in the game seem to have a lower priority than others, which I believe is good, but there doesn't seem to be a limit to how much the game is allowing the vram to suffer in general. If it was possible to estimate the performance of the hardware, then not only the default settings could be in tune with the player's hardware, but also if this sort of sensor could be active while playing then some settings could probably be deactivated or activated momentarily in a more efficient way. If a CPU is fast enough, mabye some of the cores could be reserved for loading textures on an allocated part of the dram, but the information would only be used for pre-calculating/organizing the vram?

They've been downgrading the draw distance ever since release. On release the game looked the best, and it was running perfectly fine. (For me at least.)

Now shadows and objects pop in right in front of me as I'm driving through the city.

:giveup:

I wonder if they're trying to make it look on par with PS5 so Sony doesn't throw a fit when budget PC looks better than their supposed future system. I mean it probably runs well but the CPU and GPU in that compact, heat throttled machine isn't exactly RTX 3080 eye candy level and I'm not sure if it can even match a regular 5700XT. Eh.. i just hope they get it figured out.

No, they just optimized the same across all platforms because it's the easiest to do so, if you look on footage between PS4, PS5 and PC, they now all have the same draw distance and texture pop-in.
Maybe they will increase it in the next gen patch, which is hilarious, a PC, the most powerful platform needing to wait for a "next- gen" upgrade in this case.

I also reported this issue like 2 months ago on an official ticket to CDPR support, they responded, but it seems they did not cared fix it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom