Reputation should not be affected if V uses stealth and not getting caught.

+
To Devs,

1. Reputation should NOT be affected if take-downs (kills or knock-outs) are done through stealth and not getting caught. In simple terms, if the NPC icons are flashing red, then reputation should not be affected.
2. And how about fixing reputation with gangs as well? Solution: do jobs for gangs (versus other gangs or the NCPD), anything really. Should broaden how the player wants to play the game.

The ultimate would be to have perfect reputation with every gang and the NCPD by applying stealth and not getting caught.

To Devs,

1. Reputation should NOT be affected if take-downs (kills or knock-outs) are done through stealth and not getting caught. In simple terms, if the NPC icons are flashing red, then reputation should not be affected.
2. And how about fixing reputation with gangs as well? Solution: do jobs for gangs (versus other gangs or the NCPD), anything really. Should broaden how the player wants to play the game.

The ultimate would be to have perfect reputation with every gang and the NCPD by applying stealth and not getting caught.
You talk about Street Cred or how gangs "see" V ?
If it's Street Cred. Oh no, that could be bad, I will be stuck in "very low" Street Cred mostly on the whole game :(

Guest 3847602

Unless this is a new (1.3) bug, reputation with gangs remains unaltered if you complete gigs and NCPD scanner hustles without raising the alarm, regardless of whether you do it lethally or non-lethally.

Guest 3847602

What do you mean. How do you see the gang reputation? And how does it work exactly?
There is a hidden meter in the game which tracks your reputation with each gang. Being detected and killing their members during gigs and scanner hustles will cause this meter to rise. After the "boiling point" is reached, they'll start attacking you on sight whenever they see you on the street.

There is a hidden meter in the game which tracks your reputation with each gang. Being detected and killing their members during gigs and scanner hustles will cause this meter to rise. After the "boiling point" is reached, they'll start attacking you on sight whenever they see you on the street.
I've been feeling this more on this patch. I mean I felt it before but very inconsistently, too random to see a pattern.
Do you think it depends on area too? Or just the gang?
And is time a factor? If we go without openly messing with one gang for a while does the boiling point go down?

Guest 3847602

I've been feeling this more on this patch. I mean I felt it before but very inconsistently, too random to see a pattern.
Do you think it depends on area too? Or just the gang?
And is time a factor? If we go without openly messing with one gang for a while does the boiling point go down?
I haven't tested it thoroughly, so I don't know it there is a way for "infamy meter" to cool down. All I can tell you for sure is that depends on the gang, decimating one won't make others dislike you.

You talk about Street Cred or how gangs "see" V ?
If it's Street Cred. Oh no, that could be bad, I will be stuck in "very low" Street Cred mostly on the whole game :(

No, I was thinking reputation (100 = good, 0 = bad). There was reputation in an old Microsoft-released game (Freelancer) between the player and factions back in the day, and you could check out your reputation.

No, I was thinking reputation (100 = good, 0 = bad). There was reputation in an old Microsoft-released game (Freelancer) between the player and factions back in the day, and you could check out your reputation.
Yep, it was a dumb question from me, It was simply because I was not sure so I asked anyway :D
So yeah, a "clear" system could be great.
Maybe there is already a functional one, because I'm not sure. I generally kill/knockout all the enemies that I encounter.
But for now, if there is one "hidden", reputation only goes up :)

I play this game to this day. You could have 100% negative reputation with all the authorities and not be allowed to land on any civilized planet... games were quite something those days, I wish CP2077 had such an unforgiving system

I play this game to this day. You could have 100% negative reputation with all the authorities and not be allowed to land on any civilized planet... games were quite something those days, I wish CP2077 had such an unforgiving system
There's a 'trick' and that is to attack somebody every faction hates. In Freelancer that was the Xenos and the Outcasts, I think. Back then I managed to get green on all factions except the Outcasts.

There's a 'trick' and that is to attack somebody every faction hates. In Freelancer that was the Xenos and the Outcasts, I think. Back then I managed to get green on all factions except the Outcasts.
Yeah but the thing is, I wanted (still do) to go full outlaw... and I mean Cyberpunk as well when I say this :cool:

Last edited:
[...]

If/when they implement stealth and when not discovered, then reputation shouldn't be affected. Seems logical. I just hope the devs has some interest as they know the mechanic behind when Icons turns from white (peaceful) to white blinking (searching and alerted, not knowing who attacks) to red (full combat, they know who attacks). We'ee discussing other games were this mechanic was implemented and wants to know if CD Projekt Red is familiar with that game, and if they're interested in the faction/reputation-system.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah but the thing is, I wanted (still do) to go full outlaw... and I mean Cyberpunk as well when I say this :cool:

There is the Raffen-Shiv to gain rep with the Aldecaldos, the NCPD. I'm not sure if they mean anything to the gangs. But if we look at this hypothetically, you could gain rep with all gangs with jobs against the NCPD, then gain rep with NCPD with attacks on Raffen-Shiv. Hmm, maybe not just the NCPD, but as we've seen the patrols of MiliTech out in the Badlands. Maybe gain rep with individual corporations, so they don't attack on-sight.

What I've noticed is the Arasaka-patrols at the water-front and the upper north part of the map, they get alerted when I get close to them (before Act 2).

Last edited:
Top Bottom