The Wrong DLCs or The Wrong Priorities (POLL)

+

Which ones do you prefer for new DLCs/Features??

• Advanced Character Customization, Transmog Weapons/clothes, Vehicle Customization, TPP mode

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • New Jackets, New (pseudo) Vehicles, Character alt skins

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I am too frustated to even care at this point

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • others (post reply)

Votes: 29 33.3%

• Total voters
I am genuinely flabbergasted at this point with CDPR & the obvious MASSIVE lukewarm receptions of Patch 1.3 & the first wave DLCs says it all.
This is basically the second part of similar discussion thread & poll (Overhauls VS DLCs) after the recent 1.3 update.
I simply wanna know what the forums community really think about this or maybe I am really the odd one out of the bunch...

For me, CP2077 is simply the embodiment of Love & Frustration. Now it simply keep getting more & more frustrating & I am having doubts about the future of this game with another showcase of how tone deaf CDPR can be, yet again...
This is a crucial time & I don't want this game to simply "fade away" because the community have enough & tired about it. Even most of Cyberpunk YouTubers got tired about this game & don't even wanna talk about it no more...

Like I had ever said in those kind of pool/thread :
Whatever CDPR want to add to the game, I'm for. As simple as that :)
(and for now, no need to expect big DLCs for "free", they will remains small exactly as those in TW3. And "big" ones won't be "free").

So "others" for me, because I don't care what kind of DLCs. If there are DLCs, that's great :)

Guest 3847602

5kfn2t.jpg

Free DLCs were always meant to be cosmetics and few side quests. We knew that one year ago, we knew that six months ago, we knew that 10 days ago...
They've talked about TW3 model before the release, they've labeled it "small additional content" on their roadmap in an attempt to put a stop to unreasonable expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can kinda see why they're doing what they're doing, drip feed little dlc as a morsel for those of us still playing and low key media whilst they are still fixing the game. Even their N54 media for 1.3 understated what they'd actually done.
There's no point releasing massive content that will attract people back to the game whilst they're working on it otherwise hype train 2.0 will derail too. There have been a couple of suggestions that I've seen elsewhere that the "other fixes" under the hood were quite massive and can only mean good things eventually.

I'd love more content, but I get why they didn't attach loads to this patch.

What they're doing now makes sense. They're focusing on fixing the game and preparing for the next-gen edition. Every DLC they add at this point is like the developers themselves said "The cherry on top". I wasn't expecting any type of substantial DLC or addition to the game, as much as I hoped it would have.

Focus on fixing the game so most people who give the next-gen edition a try won't have a trash experience is the best course of action. From that moment on they can start thinking about adding features and or teasing DLC. We already know they're working on it, it's just a matter of when they feel confident enough to release some more information. If they do it to early you'll just bring people back to a buggy experience. That's the worst way to retain your players.

Again, I'd love some more features to really round out the experience like better customisation. But now just isn't the right time to introduce them.

The reception being lukewarm makes total sense. The patch gigantic but it has a different effect on everybody. Some might not have experienced any bugs at all, some might still have bugs, some might have had their bugs fixed and some people still see bugs when playing the game.

And the only reason why Cyberpunk youtubers are moving on is because the game at some point just runs out of content. Sure, I understand these people want more content to be added because that gives them something to do, but that shouldn't superceed patches.

All in all, their priorities are in the right place. They've learned their lessons and are keeping their lips sealed while they're working on the game. They aren't gonna jump the gun again, of that I'm certain.

I am genuinely flabbergasted at this point with CDPR & the obvious MASSIVE lukewarm receptions of Patch 1.3 & the first wave DLCs says it all.
This is basically the second part of similar discussion thread & poll (Overhauls VS DLCs) after the recent 1.3 update.
I simply wanna know what the forums community really think about this or maybe I am really the odd one out of the bunch...

For me, CP2077 is simply the embodiment of Love & Frustration. Now it simply keep getting more & more frustrating & I am having doubts about the future of this game with another showcase of how tone deaf CDPR can be, yet again...
This is a crucial time & I don't want this game to simply "fade away" because the community have enough & tired about it. Even most of Cyberpunk YouTubers got tired about this game & don't even wanna talk about it no more...
As for the sake of this thread. I voted "Other" Because the things that I want I know will either not come or are a very long way from arriving to the game.
So, whatever each patch does bring and is an improvement to my experience, I'm grateful for.
Also, I feel a bit compelled to state the following: In the current world of paid DLC and/or micro transactions, people should really look up the word 'free' again in the dictionary because I'm really starting to think people are getting very confused or salty about stuff that "just added" and you dont have to purchase it. This game has cost 60 quid (at launch) and hour invested. but nothing beyond that.
Something many other games can't claim anymore.

An example from the treasure trove of contention, Fallout 76. That game took you to the Atomic Shop where you would be able to purchase that red shiny jacket for like 10 quid. The new car would probably be around 20 quid. and there's legions of examples of that practise.
and here is Cyberpunk, just becoming better at every turn... does it always contain what we wanted? no, does it fix stuff that was broken for us all, no... but its a fix for someone, and the added stuff is there for everyone. And that, I can't see something wrong with that.

Also I agree with:
I can't help but want to disregard this entire post as soon as reading this.

Last edited:
updates to complete/finish the game, fix bugs, add cut content, and then the expansions
some characters thata ppear on the prolog should continue Stout, Vektor, Militech more importance MaxTac's more relevance, and thn expansions more participation of factions, appartment and car customization, new stealth kill animations, flying vehicles, wallrun,
prologu is cool and afte that the game feels empty, combat is great but that's it

Game is desperately unfinished and it seems like the dev team (mostly new people) aren't capable of wrapping their head around the spaghetti code they're working with.
IF they manage to fix and finish the game, it will take a VERY long time...
This said, I'm rooting for the franchise to succeed!

I think there is still a lack of internal communication between the same team, the dlc adds 2 jackets but the patch added 35 clothes that were previously not accessible.
The mere fact that they add AI to the police and that the npc do not disappear when looking the other way is worth more than all the 17 DLC planned.

Last edited:
Voted "too frustrated to care" because whatever people 'prefer' for free DLC is entirely irrelevant and pointless to ask, and frankly a mildly frontloaded question. Folk are salty as all hell and their expectations for free DLC veered wildly, and unjustifiably as a result. It's going to be small cosmetic and flavor items. That's always been the plan and it won't change. They aren't going to rework any gameplay systems or introduce any major new ones as part of 'DLC'. The biggest we can expect is a barber shop/cosmetic ripper.

CDPR devs are absolutely disconnected from the fanbase. They do not understand what would make this game an absolute masterpiece, and while characters are attractive, this game is nowhere nere what it could have been. It makes me think that simply CDPR is not the best studio for a cyberpunk game. I can think of a few that would have done better: Paradox, Obsidian, Neon Giant, even Rockstar or Respawn Entertainment.

I fully understand and support the list of fixes and it was needed. For that, thank you. Comes to show how broken this game was and still, I have found bugs while playing the game post-1.3.

Where is MaxTac? Anything about Trauma Team? Police chasing you properly even with air vehicles? Where are the air vehicles? A Metro that works? a Taxi system? some sort of 3rd person during cover (and a cover system) so we can see our character more? Cyberware customization? barbershop?

The ONLY good think that was properly executed in this game is hacking. Still you can't hack vehicles, but it is acceptable. You can't help but think this game has so much potential but they totally wasted the opportunity.

First impressions are important in the gaming community. I do not think they want or they will make a "no man's sky" with this game. It's not a bad game. But it could have been so much better. When you play games like The Ascent you realize how a true Cyberpunk game should be. Now THAT is a true cyberpunk game done right.

So from now on my expectations are set on The Ascent if I want to play a decent cyberpunk game. Not in this one. I'm sorry for Mr. Pondsmith. I'm sure he would have enjoyed participating in The Ascent a lot more.

I still have the hope that CDPR will surprise me with the upcoming DLC. Because if the long-awaited dlc is 2 jackets and 1 alternative appearance for Silverhand... my god.

With the exception of transmog and being able to edit your character after initial creation (both of which I would consider fixes rather than DLC) the new content with 1.13 is about what I was expecting. I think your best bet is to have virtually no expectations until next year, and then keep them low.

Gameplay and systems tweaks to make the game feel more like an RPG would be my choice.
That would be under "overhauls" banner & I even have more doubts about that
Oh well... LOL
Post automatically merged:

We should start asking all the movie directors what to add to their movies from now on. It's their game. You either like it or not. This is getting old. Seriously.
It worked on Sonic movie though (LOL)
Seriously, this is so much more different with movies. That is a very dishonest comparison. CP2077 is a game. a medium that demand audiences to actively engage with it. To say that players should just shut up & eat whatever the company decided to throw is disingenuous & I am confidence that it's not what the devs even wanted.

The argument of you either like it or not is also very poor. What did I just said about the game in first place?? Love & frustration. Of course I love this game but there are times where you gotta say something to the one you loves so things will get better.

I can't help but want to disregard this entire post as soon as reading this.
Why? I don't get it LOL

With the exception of transmog and being able to edit your character after initial creation (both of which I would consider fixes rather than DLC) the new content with 1.13 is about what I was expecting. I think your best bet is to have virtually no expectations until next year, and then keep them low.
My post about advanced character customization is beyond the edit character after character creation. Things like new hairstyles, new body types, new colors, actual new cyberwares looks, etc. Basically something akin to the mods that existed already, utilizing the many different looks/models inside the game itself. CDPR itself considered such a thing to be a "dlc" with supposed barber thing. But once again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's also no change/improvements at all aside from able to bring back character creation window...

Meanwhile transmog still not even in the discussion by devs... LOL

Last edited:
The DLCs were always going to be small and not really improve the game on a systemic level. TPP is not going to happen (sadly), least of all as a DLC.

Still, in order to show a little bit of goodwill, I think CDPR should have made the first DLC a bit better than just two jackets and a car. I think they should have at least introduced a hair stylist or maybe a transmog system. Something that actually adds value to the experience and not just adds more shit you don't need.
Personally, I would prefer some small quest lines that either flesh our excisting characters (looking at you, River, Kerry, Peralez) or that dive into less explored parts of Night City. Maybe a BD quest involving high society? A quest where you get to know some of the gangs better?
The Witcher DLCs did include some new quests, so I really wonder why the first DLC we got really was the bare minimum. Can they really afford this in their position?

I would scrap all the DLCs because vanity items like clothes, guns and cars have never interested me. Instead I'd like to see two things. Story expansions which are coming at some point and feature updates which would either deepen an existing feature or add a new one. Each feature update should focus only on one feature alone. For example I'd like to have an animation for installing a new cyberware just like the first time when you meet Vik.

I would gladly even pay for each such an update so they could keep them coming for years. But I guess that wouldn't be ok with the community.

Top Bottom