Thoughts on CP development DLC (To those in charge :))

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watch the patch 1.3 video and all the stuff they are adding.

First of all, any improvement to the game is good and appreciated and I love that the developers are still very much into the game and as a fan of the whole CP universe and tired of people trying to defend the poor communication, fail promises, bad launch etc. in defense of CDPR, when its clear that even the developers agree with these things. So I won't spend anymore time on that here, so this will be about moving forward :)

My initial impression from the patch 1.3 and the DLC (maybe they didn't show all) is that it clearly shows the massive problems CP is in, some of them pointed out nicely by the developers in the video. And a lot of good things seems to be added, but overall from the video it seems to be mostly bug fixes and minor dlc things, which again is appreciated, but nothing that will make a person go for another playthrough.

One thing I really think or assume is causing a lot of issues for CP (besides the amount of bugs) is what Miles points out when he talks about the mini map and it not being all the easy to fix, because they have to fix it for all these platforms.

I understand that CDPR would like to have the game give the same experience on all of these, but I also can't help thinking that this is like having 50 well training knights on warhorses ready for battle, but the Commander of the army, won't let them charge, because they have to wait for that one man on an old almost dead donkey to catch up.

So for the love of God, instead of spending so much money on trying to make the game run equally on all these platforms especially the old one which are going to be obsolete before you have fixed the game anyway. Just announce that certain updates will not be available for these old platforms and maybe make it so people can freely upgrade to the new version should they buy a new console, if that is not possible already.

My suggestion, make it so all the bug fixes apply to the old consoles, do whatever work you can to make CP run as good as possible. But don't let them hold back on features that could speed up the development of CP for PC and the new consoles.

Lets be honest, the release on the old consoles was a huge mistake, there are simply to many limitations on them for what you are trying to make and what you could make if you didn't have to take those into account.

The reason is, that looking at the rate that fixes to CP is being made and what content seem to be added, its simply to slow and unimportant compared to what is really needed.

So if my suspicion is correct and that a lot of the reason for some of these things not being added at the phase one would expect they are, is due to the old consoles, just find a way to drop them and compensate people, that doesn't piss them off to much.

I really don't think it is worth is, given that these consoles are already on the way out. Focus on PC and new gen consoles.. please :D

Lets be honest, the release on the old consoles was a huge mistake, there are simply to many limitations on them for what you are trying to make and what you could make if you didn't have to take those into account.
That the point, the game is already released for old gen consoles, there is no way to ignore those who buy the game on consoles.
I'm on Series X, but the game is "originaly" for XB1.
The same for PS5, the game is for PS4.
(more important : PS5, Series X/S players are certainly/probably a minority among console players).

So basically this is a thread whose sole purpose is to say the game should not have released on older consoles, and that PC and newer consoles are more important.

No thank you. Platform wars neither needed nor wanted -- plus, this topic has been thoroughly exhausted in the past eight and a half months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom